Couple of questions for fellow growers...

• Thread starter Mj4all2use
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mj4all2use

Mj4all2use

Acquired several clones the past year. Went into reveg and are really gnarly. Can I clone these gnarly branches? Should I remove all the under growth and clean it up? Also have a couple of mothers with early mite infestation..no webs just dots on leaves. Can i clone the mother? What would ya recommend i use to treat the cuttings from the mite mothers? Really good genetics so hoping to keep them. Thank you kindly

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Acquired several clones the past year. Went into reveg and are really gnarly. Can I clone these gnarly branches? Should I remove all the under growth and clean it up? Also have a couple of mothers with early mite infestation..no webs just dots on leaves. Can i clone the mother? What would ya recommend i use to treat the cuttings from the mite mothers? Really good genetics so hoping to keep them. Thank you kindly

I'd suggest to get it stable in veg before you clone anything......Mites.....unless you do an all out war on them you're fked.....You gotta kill the momma's daddy's, grandparents, their eggs & every last one or...you'll wish you had.....1 mite x33 x33 x33 x33 x33 and so on per day gets out of control pretty dam quick. Dr.Bronners baby soap, Neem oil on vegging plants only a treatment every 2-3 days for 3-4 treatments. Then bleach everything everywhere multiple times before you start again......I've had bad batches of them where I had to kill off everything and start again and nows the time of the year for them for me....I've been using a pressure sprayer with bleach & water and spraying the floor ways into my grow area twice a week hoping It will help slow them from crawling in

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

If you post pics we can help you better.

Are the clones back to looking like Veg yet or still in the weird inbetween stage?

If I were going to clone a plant that I knew had pests, I would use tissue culture (there is a sterilization process involved) and just grab the apical meristem. Without that - I dunno.

I am no expert on spider mites - I've never had them, but I watch a lot of folks really struggle to get them under control. I would not knowingly transfer the infestation to a new grow personally.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Never mind, @PipeCarver is on it and he knows what he is talking about! Posted at the same time.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I've used Azamax with great success. It usually takes around 3 applications to really get them under control but, as Pipecarver mentioned, it's going to be hard to completely eliminate them unless you clear out the room and bleach it down as he suggested. This is why I use safety protocols whenever I enter my tent. I have a canvas jumpsuit that I used working at other grow ops that I spray down with permethrin spray before I enter the tent to kill off any hitchhikers looking for a free lunch!

Prevention is WAY easier in the long run than having to deal with an infestation. I've seen entire crops get taken down within days from spider mite infestations!🥺

Whatever you use just make sure you coat THE ENTIRE PLANT TOP AND BOTTOM. Under leaves and branches especially since they like to hide there. Depending on the severity of the infestation I'll also do a soil drench application on the first go round to kill whatever mites and eggs are hiding in the soil.

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've used Azamax with great success. It usually takes around 3 applications to really get them under control but, as Pipecarver mentioned, it's going to be hard to completely eliminate them unless you clear out the room and bleach it down as he suggested. This is why I use safety protocols whenever I enter my tent. I have a canvas jumpsuit that I used working at other grow ops that I spray down with permethrin spray before I enter the tent to kill off any hitchhikers looking for a free lunch!

Prevention is WAY easier in the long run than having to deal with an infestation. I've seen entire crops get taken down within days from spider mite infestations!🥺

Whatever you use just make sure you coat THE ENTIRE PLANT TOP AND BOTTOM. Under leaves and branches especially since they like to hide there. Depending on the severity of the infestation I'll also do a soil drench application on the first go round to kill whatever mites and eggs are hiding in the soil.
If you do plan on using products to eliminate them i'd suggest taking them outside first and give them a blast with water spray with a fine powerful mist spray on the entire plant & every leaf top and bottom, maybe covering the soil so it doesn't continually get soaked during your 3 -4 treatments. Water will knock them off and lower their numbers then hit them with the emulsified soap & neem oil...or what ever product you use..........a water spray will knock them off but not their eggs that's why you need multiple applicatioons

Top Bottom