Couple of questions for outdoor grow

• Thread starter elusiveshame
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HerbGardner

Should i peel the garlic bulbs before i lay them between the plants?
Nah dude throw them in whole. If they grow then great, if not then they'll still be putting beneficial chemicals into the soil. Most soil growers recommend adding mycorrhiza to increase root function and crowd out less friendly microbes. Growing straight in the soil, the same mycorrhiza connect many different kinds of plants together. This allows the plants to talk to each other and share sugars and unique chemicals like fungicide. You don't need to add it, it will find your plants.

Plants also communicate by smells, so if you plant plants with a similar terpene profile - like planting lemongrass near lemon haze or lavender near purple strains - some growers swear it increases terpine production and flavour as the plants. Haven't heard any reports of garlic affecting the taste though.

It's better to avoid a pest infestation than treat one, so the idea is to share pest fighting abilities of several plants. Having some sweet flowers nearby will help attract ladybugs, which dine on common cannabis pests. Other strong smelling plants have strengths and weaknesses against certain bugs, so ideally you'll want a few different plants near your weed - just make sure they're far apart enough that roots don't overlap. Put the garlic bulbs between your plants (or 50cm away if you just have one). More info here

Put down some diatomaceous earth at the base to slice the bugs to shreds, but it loses effectiveness once it gets wet.

Really you just have to try, and hope for the best. You'll soon learn what pests are common where you grow and then at least you know what you're up against. Nature can be a cruel bitch sometimes, so it takes a bit of practice to get on her good side.

As for your fruit trees, they have completely different life cycles to weed, and grow much slower, so they need different (slow release) fertiliser. I say just use compost and get your soil healthy and it will ne emough for a year or two. A gardening forum is more likely to have experts to get you started.

trt92

trt92

Nah dude throw them in whole. If they grow then great, if not then they'll still be putting beneficial chemicals into the soil. Most soil growers recommend adding mycorrhiza to increase root function and crowd out less friendly microbes. Growing straight in the soil, the same mycorrhiza connect many different kinds of plants together. This allows the plants to talk to each other and share sugars and unique chemicals like fungicide. You don't need to add it, it will find your plants.

Plants also communicate by smells, so if you plant plants with a similar terpene profile - like planting lemongrass near lemon haze or lavender near purple strains - some growers swear it increases terpine production and flavour as the plants. Haven't heard any reports of garlic affecting the taste though.

It's better to avoid a pest infestation than treat one, so the idea is to share pest fighting abilities of several plants. Having some sweet flowers nearby will help attract ladybugs, which dine on common cannabis pests. Other strong smelling plants have strengths and weaknesses against certain bugs, so ideally you'll want a few different plants near your weed - just make sure they're far apart enough that roots don't overlap. Put the garlic bulbs between your plants (or 50cm away if you just have one). More info here

Put down some diatomaceous earth at the base to slice the bugs to shreds, but it loses effectiveness once it gets wet.

Really you just have to try, and hope for the best. You'll soon learn what pests are common where you grow and then at least you know what you're up against. Nature can be a cruel bitch sometimes, so it takes a bit of practice to get on her good side.

As for your fruit trees, they have completely different life cycles to weed, and grow much slower, so they need different (slow release) fertiliser. I say just use compost and get your soil healthy and it will ne emough for a year or two. A gardening forum is more likely to have experts to get you started.

Do i mix the Mycorrhiza in with the soil with the compost?
I see i need 20grams pr 10liter earth, seems little

H

HerbGardner

Do i mix the Mycorrhiza in with the soil with the compost?
I see i need 20grams pr 10liter earth, seems little
It grows super fast, the 20 grams is just "seeds" to get it going. You should add it to the seedlings soil you're using in the tent - when it's time to transplant to outside it will form a balance with whatever good fungus is in the soil.

trt92

trt92

Found a place with decent sun, and most likely no1 walking past, digged a line of 40cm ich that im planning to put soil mixed with cowcompost and some mycorrhiza, and some garlic bulbs and coriander around in corners etc with the plants to help keep pests away like suggested. Should i use kalk too?

20230406 152622
20230406 152637
20230406 152642
20230406 152645

Latest posts

Top Bottom