couple of questions

• Thread starter bmvortex81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bmvortex81

bmvortex81

hey all got a cpl questions here right now i got dwc setup in a cabinet in my basement for security reasons and space limitaions i want to move them to my attic whats eveyones thoughts on this?? also my first cpl of beans popped for me and were doin good and now they r droopin a bit on me?? thx

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Attics are tough..what state? takes alot money, attention, and building to pull off and attic grow plus your up and down the latter 5 times a day...

sky high

sky high

And if that bitch leaks up there or overflows.....o_O (how many hydro grows have you guys ran that DIDN'T flood at some point...huh?)

gonna take a lot of insulation, a lot of pond liner....and a huge A/C. Good luck

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I think I have flooded every grow I ever had at least once...once I did just an hour after gettin new carpet installed...DOH!!!

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

my basement prob is 2 very curious kids Lol i got it hide pretty good and i only got like 25 inches of grow space had attic all planned out gonna run waterline and shit up there im always home so i got the time that aint no biggie and how bout the drooping?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I can think of quite a few people that have done this and they all end up as an epic fail.....set your res's over load baring walls

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

heres some pics of whats goin on, the one in the back row in the middle has the yellow and brown leaves goin on im thinking nutrient burn because my dumbass gave em full strength nutes when i shouldve only gave like 1/4 or at most half yes? running dwc they were all drooping but i lowered my cfl's and the others picked back up decent, but thatback one is still yellow, should i do a res change? the nutes been in 4 days now. also that tank has an aqua tank powerhead in it and i have another tank with just a airstone in it and the 5 beans i have in there havnt popped yet i shouldnt need a water pump should i? for dwc? thx for any and all advice!!!

DSCN0659
DSCN0660
DSCN0661
DSCN0662
DSCN0663
DSCN0664
DSCN0665
DSCN0666
L.Burna

L.Burna

Just made an exact same system... Stuck some bag seed in there to see how well it germinates, but I think the cubes stay too wet.. Just using plain water, ph at 5.5-6.0.

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

hi LB ya know my cubes r soaked all the time also but they r growing i think my ph is just to high im having trouble adjusting it is y im getting the discoloration imo but not positive

L.Burna

L.Burna

Im no expert on dwc, but I'm not sure if the discoloration is from the ph level... Full strength nutes may have been a too much for that little one.. Try changing out the rez to just water for a few days.. What's your ph at?

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

well it was runnin at 7 i only have stoopid dip sticks right now so i can only give whole numbers and this am im confident i got it between 5 and 6 so im gonna give that a day or 2 and c what comes of it. if my babies dont turn around by tommorow night wed morn imma change res and u say i should just correct ph'ed water which is 5.3 to6.8 i belive or 5-6 untill i get my pen tester

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

how do u ph ur cubes? oh and another prolly dumb ? how do i check my res temp if i cant let light into the res?

L.Burna

L.Burna

It's ok for a little light to get it, don't think it will do much harm... Everyone always pulls there plants out at some point to check on the roots... Just go to walmart and buy a thermometer in the aquarium section... It's only a couple bucks and it goes inside your rez like it would a fish tank.. Long periods of light is no good but I wouldn't worry to much about a quick peek

L.Burna

L.Burna

B
how do u ph ur cubes? oh and another prolly dumb ? how do i check my res temp if i cant let light into the res?

Sorry I soak my cubes in water at 5.5 before I place cuttings or seeds in them... Think I will keep my res ph at 5.5 from now on because ph rises quickly. Just checked my ph and it was close to 7.0...

L.Burna

L.Burna

Did you start the seeds inside the dwc system or outside of it? I paid a pretty penny for some seeds online and was too scared to start them in the system.. Didn't want to waste my money so I'm testing some bag seed first.

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

naw with this being my first grow ever i just got some bag seed and soaked em in water for like 4 days untill they started sprouting then i threw them in dwc the 5 cup tank with just the airstone i still dont see nuttin.... not lookin good thinkin boutpulling em and throwing the same seed in thats in other tank or is it because of no water pump? ph a lil high but not outragous but they r diff batch of seed... but im also thin,ing bout pulling that dwc system and running with a cpl soil pots and a cpl coco coir. so i get a cpl diff versio s u der my belt see wich i li,e better ands easier ya know what ya think or ya think im tryin to do to much? i dont have money to work with but i damn good at building my cfl light fixtures and have the bulbs, got soil, got coco coir, got a few more seeds to play with and majjority of the time im home with the exception of my kids running round. my biggest drawback is getting nutes which im working on now trying to find most value for money oh and testers...

L.Burna

L.Burna

Soil is pretty easy to grow in. Not sure if the water pump is needed, maybe for top feed.. Some seeds just take time, and watching them everyday just makes it worse. Hope everything turns out good for you.. If your in Cali, maybe we can get together sometime and have a session. I have a bunch of seeds that I'm passing down to people I meet.. Only thing I ask, is if they get a good strain to pass me down a cutting. Oh and as for being low on funds, whenever it is you do have some money, invest it in your grow area and it will pay off in the long run

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

no cali here east coast grower here non legal state o_O hopfully it goes good keepin fingers crossed lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom