Crackin Reeferman's Williams Wonder

• Thread starter rusty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rusty

rusty

Howdy Farmers,
This is my first diary, kinda new here but I've been growin 2-3 years now. I just got VPN rocking so I thought I would give a journal a go (It gets lonely down in the dungeon :makeup )

Soo… I have a few things growing right now, Light of Jah, OG Kush, and I'm about a month into growing out this bean my homie found in a bag of Jack Herer… but THIS journal is to document the growth of the Williams Wonder beans I just picked up from my drop today :lock:

package.jpg

The pack came with 2 freebie beans, G13's gigabud and purple haze (both fem). Poppin those and 5 of the Reeferman WW beans… wish me luck!

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Interested in what the WW will do

phenotyper

phenotyper

I am interested in this as well. I've run 60 day wonder and I've always wanted to run a photoperiod version of the plant.

rusty

rusty

I'm pretty interested myself!

Thanks for droppin by.

After a day and a half of being damp, out of the 5 WW beans, 1 has a tail, 2 have cracked and 2 haven't done shit.
ww16.jpg

The G13 Gigabud freebie cracked first, its already ready for a rockwool cube.
gg1.jpg

It would be cool if that one pans out, its a 7week strain, I'd like to cross it with OG kush and hopefully create a well yielding 8 week strain called 'Gigakush'… it would be fun to say at least.

Lastly, the G13 Purple Haze freebie has cracked.
ph.jpg

rusty

rusty

update

Things could be going better with these beans… but worse too I suppose. Out of the 5 I dampened, only 1 popped normally. 2 cracked but then just kinda sat there, tails behaving like scared turtles afraid to come out of their shells. Then 2 of the WW beans where duds. So I soaked the other 5 WW beans, 2 popped normally, 2 again grew really slowly, and 1 was a dud. I went ahead and plugged the slow ones in some RW cubes, who knows, maybe they will sprout someday… or maybe I'll just toss em.

The freebies popped just fine, unfortunately the gigabud got sick and died on me :rain

I'm left with 1 Purple Haze and 3 Williams Wonder seedlings. Here they are:

Purple Haze
ph1.jpg

Willies
ww31.jpg
ww22.jpg
ww17.jpg

And a few more from the OP to make this thread a little more entertaining

Light of Jah (awesome yielder)
r11.jpg

r31.jpg

r21.jpg

This last one is an OG Kush cut I got from a buddy… a friend of his brought him the beans on a visit from northern CA… I have no idea what kind of OGK it is or if its at all legit. It grows nice, and is really easy to clone. This is the first cut of it I've grown out, I still have yet to smoke any of it, we'll see how it pans out. If anyone can tell by looking at it if its a real OG or what type of OG it is, that would be awesome-sauce.
r4.jpg

ogk.jpg

S

spinkus

Interested to see what those WW are gonna do

Keep us posted

rusty

rusty

lil update

Some updated photos, here are the WW's:
ww32.jpg
ww23.jpg
ww18.jpg

Purple Haze:
ph2.jpg

Did a little pruning on the lower branches already. Everything growing great so far. I need to spray the perlite with a little h2o2 on the top there, as you can see a lil algae growing (pretty typical for perlite). I think my op-sitter maybe over watered em a bit while I was in colorado over the weekend… oh wells, algae is nothing to fear. Slow germers never grew. I tossed em.

I'll be taking cuttings later from my current moms, tossing them in the compost afterwards, then these seedlings will be moved from my work bench to the mother room ebb and flow tray under a 250w hps. Hopefully I'll be taking cuttings from these in 3 weeks, 2 weeks to root em, then 1-3 more weeks to sex em… then rock n roll!

I picked up some TH seeds Burmese Kush in CO, I might start a new diarie for those, anyone have good experience with that strain?

kasperian

kasperian

Rock on Rusty,Their off to a fine start,I hope you find some stinky kick ass phenos.
Ya got some interesting freebies....cheers and all the best!...

E

Easyrasta

really interested in the william wonder, never had a chance at her but have drooled for many years at reefs old site.
peace
Ez

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
I picked up some TH seeds Burmese Kush in CO, I might start a new diarie for those, anyone have good experience with that strain?

The Burmese I ran preferred pH of 5.8 in hydro. Sensitive to nutrients- in soil I topped out at 1200ppm, but hydro I haven't gone above 800ppm in the final stages. Also, like some kushes are known, this one needs plenty of Epsom Salts to maintain lush growth.

Love & Light

rusty

rusty

The Burmese I ran preferred pH of 5.8 in hydro. Sensitive to nutrients- in soil I topped out at 1200ppm, but hydro I haven't gone above 800ppm in the final stages. Also, like some kushes are known, this one needs plenty of Epsom Salts to maintain lush growth.

Love & Light

cool, thanks for the tip NT!

rusty

rusty

Progress

Everything is coming along wonderfully! Here are the WW and the Purple Haze (PH is the stretchy one in the back on the right):

ww19.jpg

Like i mentioned, the purple haze is pretty stretchy (the 250w hps hard mounted at the top of my mom room, so a little stretching is expected, and desired for producing clonable branches). The williams wonders are all growing pretty uniformly, similar leaves and internodal distances. I topped them a few days ago and I'll be taking clones in about 1.5 - 2 weeks from now… then its sexy time :icon_animal26:

Oh yeah, and the burmese kush seedlings are coming along nicely. Germed perfectly.

bk5.jpg

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
I grew Reef's WW

Out of 10 seeds I got 3 to grow, put them outside and they got huge, all males. I was really looking forward to smoking some WW. I chopped them down and disposed of them, can't say much good about them. Hopefully you'll have better luck than me

mal

rusty

rusty

Out of 10 seeds I got 3 to grow, put them outside and they got huge, all males. I was really looking forward to smoking some WW. I chopped them down and disposed of them, can't say much good about them. Hopefully you'll have better luck than me

Sounds familiar! I was only able to ge 3 to grow out of my 10 pack as well… I've never had such bad luck getting seeds to germinate.

Hopefully males aren't the only reefermans WW that will germ… I guess we'll find out!

rusty

rusty

preflower update

Following that thought, I went home at lunch and decided to break out the jewlers loop and examine for preflowers, here is what I found.

Williams Wonder w female preflowers (shew! :sweating)
wwf-1.jpg

Williams Wonder w male preflowers
wwm-1.jpg

Purple Haze Fem w male preflowers
ph-3.jpg
ph-2.jpg
ph-1.jpg

These must be pretty new, I checked em a few days ago. As u can see, 1 WW has male preflowers, one has female preflowers and one WW has yet to show its sex. The purple haze, tho feminized, has male preflowers. First time i've had issues w feminized seeds… but it was a freebe, what do u expect (sure that just means its faulty stock they are trying to get rid of).

I guess I now have some room in the mom room for some buku seedlings… I hope this WW female turns out to be fire (and stable)!

S

ScrOGer

My fingers are crossed for you. That Unknown Kush looks a lot like some alien OG. I might be tired and seeing things the way i want to.... But The stacking of the buds and the leaf formation look very familiar to me. If it IS Alien, you are in for a treat :)

Looking forward to seeing more

Plant grow
rusty

rusty

I finally got to smoke the 'OG', it doesnt come close to any OG I ever bought in LA… but its not bad, dont think its real OG tho.

Since I last posted the other WW showed female preflowers :banana1sv6:

Now its just a matter of picking out which is the bettter, more stable phenotype.

I'm a little bummed I only got 2 live females out 12 seeds… but after reading other peoples reports with these seeds, I'm happy to wind up with 2 girls.

I took cuttings friday, they've done great so far, they didnt wilt or anything. We'll see how they root… then flower… then smoke :rock

clones3.jpg

Moms after ther butchering. I managed to jam all the buku seedlings in there too.

moms2.jpg

S

SLO Grown

"Williams Wonder" a great "Old School Kush." i am in the process of crossing William with a Land Race C-Gold. Love that Kush and C-Gold!

rusty

rusty

Just a lil update, on day 6 (yesterday) 2 clones showed tap roots, day 7 (this morning) about 5 where showing tap roots. This is a good sign! There seems to be 2 kinds of plants from my experience, those that root in 7-10 days, and those that are absolute motherfuckers! Anyways, glad WW is a easy rooter =)

Top Bottom