Creating a truly perpetual garden, and keeping it rolling.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
IMG 20211030 211526
IMG 20211030 211533

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Looking good Frank that top pic with the brown twisted leaf that’s not rot is it mate?
Nah, I picked it off, it was clipping cause I took the top side of buds, those are the bottom sides ripening. I shook most of that stuff off. Watching them very close. I've cut several 8 and 10 inch buds off the top, awhile back. Everything is super thick in there, it seems.

So far, I had one tiny spot of rot, but everything else is fine. I think that one isolated spot was sitting there on that plant since the beginning, somehow.
Here's the pic of it. It showed up fast. When I seen this, It made me act, proactively.

Ugly fucker, I would know it anywhere. 🤬
IMG 20211024 051735

Personally, I think my measures of lactobacillus, and antifungal treatments did a fine job of isolating this unfortunate isolated incident. I think this was on the plant from almost the get go, and would have simply spread, given the chance. Carried forward in the seed, somehow.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Getting frosty up there !🤪
Yea, I'm pretty happy with the results Mosh. Lots of exotic flavor mixed in frost, I really like how some of these subtle Gorilla flavors panned out, strong hints of Caryophyllene, Myrcene. The Myrcene is standout in this particular cross, they all seem to vary some.

Surprised to find a bean sitting in some of this; Hopefully this is some of that Blueberry pollen I was trying to get cooking, and happened to land on some of the Gorilla cross.

The blueberry really is an explosion of taste; so I'm wondering if this might be a nice find. Hopefully there's a few more lurking; I was surprised to find it, I didn't think it took. If I'm correct; this should be a feminized seed.

IMG 20211108 155400947
Last edited:
OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

Yea, I'm pretty happy with the results Mosh. Lots of exotic flavor mixed in frost, I really like how some of these subtle Gorilla flavors panned out, strong hints of Caryophyllene, Myrcene. The Myrcene is standout in this particular cross, they all seem to vary some.

Surprised to find a bean sitting in some of this; Hopefully this is some of that Blueberry pollen I was trying to get cooking, and happened to land on some of the Gorilla cross.

The blueberry really is an explosion of taste; so I'm wondering if this might be a nice find. Hopefully there's a few more lurking; I was surprised to find it, I didn't think it took. If I'm correct; this should be a feminized seed.
looks like i have a frakenstine auto female starting to do its thing .yeeeesssss! thanks @Frankster

OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

I know people probably sick of seeing all my stupid threads, but I wanted to settle on a simple format. Pics are too difficult to actually appreciate what's going on in a perpetual setting. Seems like still photo's don't quite capture it right.

Anyhow, this is my attempt a more detailed, but less lengthy (easier to navigate) thread. Some of the auto's are starting to flower in the bottom video, so this is why I'm making this specific thread.
More will be coming.

Feel free to leave comments, constructive criticism, and/or questions, and I will try to follow-up.
Frankster,have you ever saw a plant with three leaves /limbs per node?i have one, no idea from whom had seeds in ice tray to soak ,oldtanglefoot triped and several seeds were ejected from tray no way of knowing what was what,so taged most of them planted the rest i know for sure i have a frankstine photo two jam. purple haze.I also have beans that sprouted by themselves[this from cutting plants after they died while i was in hostipal], These were autos so no problem knowing where they came from .

Last edited:
OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

Frankster,have you ever saw a plant with three leaves /limbs per node?i have one, no idea from whom had seeds in ice tray to soak ,oldtanglefoot triped and several seeds were ejected from tray no way of knowing what was what,so taged most of them planted the rest i know for sure i have a frankstine photo two jam. purple haze.I also have beans that sprouted by themselves[this from cutting plants after they died while i was in hostipal], These were autos so no problem knowing where they came from .
I take notes ,just trying to learn.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yea, usually either an environmental trigger, ie. low light conditions; or genetic, usually some type of Rudy trait do this. Make no mistake; rudy is a feature in some photoperiods. I see it happening a bit in this purple punch I have growing; but only a few of the leaves are groups of 3, I see some 5's (I'm not suggesting rudy is always the cause) I'm saying it's a common one.

You won't generally see this behavior in sativa, or sativa leaning hybrids.
Also; it can be developmental. Something you see early on, then eventually the plants grow out of it.

If it's a dominate trait; it's almost a rock solid guarantee in stability, IMO. ie. It's usually a good indicator of atypical light tolerance, ie. increased dioecious stability. Although some of these plants can be prone to being runts; or what is classified as dwarf plants. Depending on the genetic line.

Last edited:
SSgrower

SSgrower

Hey guys, I have a 3 finger going to five at the top looks very squat or runtish, ha. Anyway I've never grown one like that before so the journey begins for me. Carry on. SS

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Some pics; Growing a bit of alfalfa sprouts in the soil, to try and stimulate some Triacontanol hormone activity.

Also, some training, and tie down branches so it can fill out some more. I used a bit of large fan defoliation on these cuts to improve it's bushiness.

IMG 20211122 225452821
IMG 20211122 225456900
IMG 20211122 225528031
IMG 20211122 230106994
IMG 20211122 230112945
IMG 20211122 230116957
IMG 20211122 230209139
IMG 20211122 231411372
Top Bottom