Creating cannabis concentrate from fresh bud

• Thread starter The_word
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The_word

The_word

Hi guys, I know that this question has probably been asked many times but I wanted to ask you lovely people if you can point me in the direction of some good articles to read on the basics of different extraction methods and any recommendations or tip you might think will help. I am looking for extraction methods that do lest damage to terms. Thanks in advance, peace ✌

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I think you mean less damage to terps?

If so, you want cold. What tools do you have to work with?

freezeland2

freezeland2

These guys have a “learning” page. There are many other methods, YouTube is a good resource to search.

The_word

The_word

I think you mean less damage to terps?

If so, you want cold. What tools do you have to work with?
Least lol

I have nothing at the moment, I am about 4 weeks off harvest so just getting a plan together. I have heard that pressing damages the terps and want a method that is relatively easy but does not degrade the terms massively TIA ✌

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I think probably Rick Simpson Oil is your best bet.

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

Isnt rick simpson oil more or less void of terps? I thought the grain alcohol destroys them. Pedsonally i just like to dry sift and smoke the kief.

strider26554

strider26554

Isnt rick simpson oil more or less void of terps? I thought the grain alcohol destroys them. Pedsonally i just like to dry sift and smoke the kief.
If you've ever watched the solvent your running through your almost light tan /white keif turn from clear to the most intense jade green you've ever seen you'll see that the alcohol/grain strips away the thc but also grabs many of the terp and cannabinoid's along the way, some like to minimize the chlorophyll that comes along for the ride and will chill everything down to - temps to acheive just the thc, but you always get the smell/ taste/ which in my book means the terps as well. but im not a chemist. I do know that the people I provide for who are either in pain or naseua/ chemo type situations prefer the rick simpson.

strider26554

strider26554

pressed dry keif well sifted is the best as far as being pure and retaining all the goodies.

steamroller

steamroller

How do you want to consume your concentrate?
That will get you started looking for proper method.
Without solvents you will find dry sifting with screens and heat pressing rosin or cold-water extraction to be the most chosen methods IMO.
Some make butters or oils that are edible.
Alcohol will be the chosen solvent if you are interested in using solvents.

What is RSO?​

Put simply, RSO is an oil derived from cannabis. But rather than a solvent extract that strips trichomes from buds, RSO contains all the cannabinoids, terpenes, and additional compounds of the whole cannabis plant.
Taken from;

Top Bottom