Cree Xm-l2 4200-4500k Small Veg Space Advice...

• Thread starter Fingermouse
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Toaster79

Toaster79

Interesting why no one has mention Cree CXA or CXB 2530 or 3070 for efficiency? If you were to use only 10 3070's for veg running them at 500ma with only 1 HLG-185H-C500A so you can manually dim with a turn of a screw(it has a built in potentiometer) Down to 250ma.

Because with XM-L2s you have much better coverage of your plants in that small of a space and you don't have to worry about overhead as those plants can be an inch away from individual emitters and they won't get burned or bleached.

And 30 XM-L2 s are gonna end up cheaper than 10 CXB3070. HLG-120H-C series are 150W drivers and that way cheaper than 185 series, so if he doesn't need 200W of power, he's better off that way and also the driver will be more efficient at full load than at 50% load.

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

Because with XM-L2s you have much better coverage of your plants in that small of a space and you don't have to worry about overhead as those plants can be an inch away from individual emitters and they won't get burned or bleached.

And 30 XM-L2 s are gonna end up cheaper than 10 CXB3070. HLG-120H-C series are 150W drivers and that way cheaper than 185 series, so if he doesn't need 200W of power, he's better off that way and also the driver will be more efficient at full load than at 50% load.
You really don't even know what I just did The panel will be 165 watts and better efficiency and if he were to buy from kingbrite they have the best bins and the cheapest prices. Why recommend old tech? I wish I could see what he is growing in I would give him the best advice
SAM 0883

SAM 0884

SAM 0879

F

Fingermouse

The cabinet im using is two and a half feet tall tops, so I definitely need to be growing right up to the bulbs, so seems like I am better off with the XMLs

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

The cabinet im using is two and a half feet tall tops, so I definitely need to be growing right up to the bulbs, so seems like I am better off with the XMLs
How many sqft? you can use just 2 3070's running them soft. It's about efficiency with me like my friend SupraSpl. Just think of this one 3070 covering 1x1sqft at 18watts each more enough for veg which only needs 10watts per sq foot. Don't let my pics confuse you they are designed to kick ass and kick the shit out of HID lights lol. You can go vero 18 as well if you are on a budget. I'm known on RIU and GC

Toaster79

Toaster79

@REALSTYLES You are suggesting CXA series and you're calling XM-L2 technology old? Get a grip man and dig a bit the LED world.

Toaster79

Toaster79

You really don't even know what I just did The panel will be 165 watts and better efficiency and if he were to buy from kingbrite they have the best bins and the cheapest prices. Why recommend old tech? I wish I could see what he is growing in I would give him the best advice

I think I know better than you what you just did. But at what price. So you're suggesting doubling or trippling the costs is still economical to achive a 15-20% in output?

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

@REALSTYLES You are suggesting CXA series and you're calling XM-L2 technology old? Get a grip man and dig a bit the LED world.
No CXB's lol even CXA's are even better why go backwards I like my steaks cooked thank god for fire lol. It's even less work less cob's required. I'm trying optic lenses now for deep penetration. I'm about efficiency just watch my youtube videos I update every week so I can back up what I say REAL TALK.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Yes you can back up what you're saying, but you're just not gettin the point of this thread and the preferred setup options.

P.s.: XM-L2 is newer tecnology than CXA, and no Bridgelux COB will ever come close to the efficiency of Cree's.

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

Yes you can back up what you're saying, but you're just not gettin the point of this thread and the preferred setup options.

P.s.: XM-L2 is newer tecnology than CXA, and no Bridgelux COB will ever come close to the efficiency of Cree's.
That's why I had to give the option for him to think about the XM-L2 I know is more work and won't perform like the Cree cob

Toaster79

Toaster79

You didn't give any options, you were forcing COB setup over those few lumens more but loosing power on the drivers inefficiency. Those XM-L2s will be running at less than half of max. power at 1400mA so they will be still in 140lm/W window.

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

You didn't give any options, you were forcing COB setup over those few lumens more but loosing power on the drivers inefficiency. Those XM-L2s will be running at less than half of max. power at 1400mA so they will be still in 140lm/W window.
I'm not gonna argue with you because you don't understand it's all good one day you will get it. I'm not trying to be a dick about this but if he was to buy the cobs from kingbrite he'd be winning and the setup I gave him would last 10-15yrs before any led light deterioration and after saving on electricity and after the first run should pay for the cost. Funny thing is I go big 3590's all day and now using lenses game changer it's all about how you drive them almost like a car lol.

growmau5

growmau5

I'd like to chime in on using the XML-2 from fasttech bin (u2-4c) They are pretty cheap (<$5) and are a perfect spectrum for veg and cloning. no need to mix other spectra if you don't want to.

I run (10) xml2 per MW LPC60-1750 on a 36" 2.08 wide HS USA profile with active cooling. 60w from the wall. cost: $100 total . pics below, im new here, so hopefully they post.
IMG 2166
IMG 2167
IMG 2170

F

Fingermouse

Thanks for the input everyone, nice pics growmau5.

I'm probably going to go with the XMLs for now for my veg cab just for simplicity, but im already looking at swapping my 1.2m square flower tent for a 1 by 2 meter tent and adding a LED set up equivalent to the 600w HD im running at the mo.

My problem is I have very little electrical understanding and I'm having trouble matching drivers to led's.

Any 600w equivalent set up ideas welcome lol :)

Top Bottom