Critical Sensi Star - FGE - 27days

• Thread starter Farmer B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmer B

Farmer B

I think she's gonna hermie on me. I will know for sure tonight. I saw some spotting i didnt like. :\

burn4me

burn4me

if they are still swelling are you still gonna pick em? because the last couple weeks is when they really pack on i thought. IJC

burn4me

burn4me

careful some say you can be fooled by just trichs alone. hope thats not the case but either way i hope its good meds for ya.

Farmer B

Farmer B

What other factors am i going to be looking for? Aside from continued growth. Dont the trichs indicate peak ripeness so to speak?

burn4me

burn4me

What other factors am i going to be looking for? Aside from continued growth. Dont the trichs indicate peak ripeness so to speak?
im sorry i should have said that is what im told. i plan to check on trich ambers too. but was told that some strains ripen differently i think. for the life of me i cant remember where Seamaiden said how all she checks ripeness. ive been looking to just to give you the examples you are looking for. so its my fault for speaking on something without something to show for it or any personal experience. im still gonna look for the post she posted .

Farmer B

Farmer B

For sure, it totally makes sense that they would ripen differently, different aromas at different times, oranges hairs and white hairs, etc but for the years ive been interested in this all ive heard about are the trichs as a determiner for ripeness. if you do find that article please do share. Thanks for your help and input on all of this.

Power OG

Power OG

watch trichs, because everyones enviroment is diffrent, each strain also is dif. i like to pull at 15-20% amber. i dnt count days anymore i only watch trichs.
Respect
TMB

burn4me

burn4me

I FREAKING FOUND IT MAN.......YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
talk about digging...fuck
i had to find it because i sound more and more like a retard everytime i re-read my post. no info just words. that wont happen again with out having my ducks in a line. thanks for not ripping me a new one. anyway this is what she wrote....
1: Are the buds still growing and fattening up, or have they slowed down?
2: Pistils. Is it still throwing out tons of new pistils, or just mostly at the top with the rest of the bud having a reddish appearance due to all the dead pistils?
3: The plant itself. Is it still all bright green, or is it showing fading or other color changes? Is it dropping fan leaves?

I've found that by using the above metrics I can gauge just as easily, if not more so, than by using trichomes only. Also, I learned a long time ago that not all plants' trichomes will progress by the usual clear --> cloudy --> amber. Sometimes some girls will go from clear to amber, BOOM! Others cloud up and don't progress beyond that until after harvest. My "for sure" is once the buds stop growing, that's it, she's a-done.

No paranoia, but people do complain my weed gets them too high. Oh well, more for me!

Farmer B

Farmer B

Definitely no new green growth or new pistils. Currently they are 50% at least red hairs. It just seems to me like they plumped last weekend,

Power OG

Power OG

Definitely no new green growth or new pistils. Currently they are 50% at least red hairs. It just seems to me like they plumped last weekend,
what do trichs look like? %amber,%cloudy,%clear?

Farmer B

Farmer B

my phone is dead withn all the pics but the results are... dun dun duNNN.
I pulled her what I guess to be 1.5 - 2 weeks early in terms of ripening.
I pulled her 1-2 days LATE due to a part of her HERMIE'ing because of the power outage and subsequent temp rise/circulation stop. Somewhere in her a node went male and pollenated a large swath. no actual seeds developed. the pods JUST started within the past 24-36 hours it appears. I have trimmed about 1.5 visual ounces so far. i'll get weight in the morning and pics too.

Farmer B

Farmer B

Too good too good. Waiting on the dry! Here's a preview nug.
IMG 10541

Farmer B

Farmer B

Gotta say thanks to burn and power for your help with this. Even though I had to pull early, its ok. It proved to the powers that be that i can do what is needed. this nug was like 28g a day or two after cutting then 19g. I am just super happy i found the seeding and saved the crop. Stupid bananas!

burn4me

burn4me

Gotta say thanks to burn and power for your help with this. Even though I had to pull early, its ok. It proved to the powers that be that i can do what is needed. this nug was like 28g a day or two after cutting then 19g. I am just super happy i found the seeding and saved the crop. Stupid bananas!
glad it worked out for you and hope its great smoke for ya.
i do thank you for kind words and glad i could help out some, but i am still way too new to take any credit away from the farm. the info ive passed on was either what ive been learning/researching from wise growers here. this is a great place for us to grow as a community. happy any info helped.
mad respect :)

Farmer B

Farmer B

Next up: Yoda OG, Diamond OG, Critical Mass and The Original Sour Diesel.

Top Bottom