critique this ro filter

• Thread starter bluegrass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bluegrass

Check this one out you guys,

Is this system suitable for what we do, if not then please hook me up with a good filter for under a hundred dollars?

I have read and heard that a mr clean auto cleaner water filter removes almost all of the impurities from tap. Has anyone actually used one of these for a grow?

resinryder

resinryder

Looks like a very nice unit. Excellent price on it too. Just might be my next unit when needed.

B

bluegrass

what is involved with installing one of these? Is it hard?

leadplant

leadplant

What kind of water do you have right now? PPM? Is it well water? If well water, youll have to soften it first. And if you soften it, you have to use potas. chloride, not salt. How's your water pressure? High pressure is needed to squeeze the water thru the filters. My 50 lbs of pressure wasnt enough. Many better RO units come with booster pumps for this reason but they cost more.

Besides that, its easy. That sure is a cheap unit and I tend to believe you get what you pay for but then again, it may be adequate for a few gallons a day.

B

bluegrass

thanks for the info, my water comes out of the tap at 161 ppm, is this super high or good enough to use with salt ferts like floranova? Which is what Im using at the moment...Thanks!

S

SENSI ZYM

Slow down guys athis is a drinking system you need to plumb it in to your pipe works alot of hassel !!! And doest give a 0 ppm more like 0.5

you want a 3 filter system that has a tap conection i bought mine for 90 pounds sterling from hydro store ill try to find link for you .

Remember it takes a day and a helf to fill a 10ltr bucket if not on high presure tap ?

I have this esact model in garage never used it in end nice drinking water but thats it

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I picked up one of the ro system only off ebay and love it. My tap water is 600-800 ppm. I opted for the RO system with two canisters and my ppms are at 5 ppm now. about 50$ total. portable unit also. I can fill a gallon jug in less then a minute. Check out purewaterclub on ebay. I will post a lnk later RB

F

Finalopagus

I would spend the money on a good unit. Like this one Merlin but I would get my water checked/tested first (20euro) then you know whats in it and if you gotta take it out...

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
See if this whttp://cgi.ebay.com/0-PPM-Reverse-Osmosis-RO-DI-Add-ON-Kit-Aquarium-Water_W0QQitemZ110299931483QQihZ001QQcategoryZ20684QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262orks. I was going to get the one you posted and I checked my water pressure and it was only 40- 45 pouns. The Merlin requires 55 psi or higher to work. I put a couple 1/4" threaded fitting with a 3/8"barb fitting , then hooked a 3/8" i. d. hose to the barbed end and hooked that hose to the faucet with a threaded faucet adapter with a 3/8" barbed end connected to the faucet adapter. Took about 15 min. to have it up and running . When I am done using the unit I unscrew the fitting on the faucet and srcew the cap back on the faucet. No more trips to the store for water now!!!!:D RB

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
The one I bought had two of those filters connected together from the same people for 33$ plus shipping.:flower

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Here's the one I bought from those guys on Ebay (purewaterclub);

Been using it for well over a year and my ppm is at 003 with no filter change. I do back flush monthly for thirty minutes as recommended.

jj

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

R/O systems are usually rated in gallons per day of production. Now days many are 50g.p.d. on standard house press. of 40p.s.i. or above. If on well , your press switch will be 20/40; 30/50; or 40/60 p.s.i. [on/off]. Yes you do need to soften water over 6 grains per gallon[103.8 p.p.m.], but doesn't need to be potassium chloride it can be salt as an R/O was origanally called a desallinator and they remove salt quite well. The thing to bear in mind is the holding tank size, find one in the 10 gal. range so you have plenty to draw down , you could stage multiple tanks to achieve this. If you have a slimey orange inside your toilet tank it is "Iron Bacteria" that can be removed via a greensand filter, then sofener, next R/O.......{it's a non-pathogenic bateria} good luck

W

Worddd

Hey, haven't looked closer at the RO unit you were considering since its no longer listed, but I bought a cheap unit off ebay and haven't had any issues with it, so IMO save some bucks and get one through ebay

Latest posts

Top Bottom