Crop K. Seeds Black Domina 4x4 DWC

• Thread starter ninjadip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ninjadip

ninjadip

Yeah I want to do too many strains all at once like a damn kid
So I'm going to do to four plants next run, and I was thinking I'll do two strains, to a comparison between two clones, one under the free light I won, and the other two the cheap lights.

The hard part is deciding which two. I have two reg alien dragon seeds and I'm hoping one is a female.
So I was thinking 2x alien dragon and 2x peanut butter cookies

ninjadip

ninjadip

By lemon haze do yo mean super lemon haze? SLH is one of my favorite strains ever cuz its such an energetic/creative/psychedelic high. I wanna grow some Nevilles Haze one day, up to 16 week flower time! However, its one of the only true Sativa strains out there, the equatorial genetics make it have one of the most psychedelic sativa highs of them all.
Yeah i meant super lemon Haze. But the one I got is called Amnesia Lemon from Barney's farm. Sounds really cool

Screenshot 20221119 163556
Zombierider

Zombierider

Yeah i meant super lemon Haze. But the one I got is called Amnesia Lemon from Barney's farm. Sounds really cool
Word, I have smoked a fk ton of Amnesia Haze too, its a really strong strain and a nice strong flavor. No BS they dont call it Amnesia haze for nothing, its MEGA no short-term-memory status haha. Prepare to lose keys at least once per day. Amnesia Lemon sounds like a hella good cross, lemme know how it turns out and Im might have to try it out

Zombierider

Zombierider

Yeah I want to do too many strains all at once like a damn kid
So I'm going to do to four plants next run, and I was thinking I'll do two strains, to a comparison between two clones, one under the free light I won, and the other two the cheap lights.

The hard part is deciding which two. I have two reg alien dragon seeds and I'm hoping one is a female.
So I was thinking 2x alien dragon and 2x peanut butter cookies
You won a free light? lmfao I had no idea congrats, which light did you win the Phlizon?

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

I notice the same thing with cookies strains, I grew Cheese Cookies my first go and damn is it a banger strain. Totally balanced/very positive/happy high with not too much sleepiness, though after smoking a lot of it I have no problems falling asleep lol. Good for wake n bakes and nightcaps. Cant go wrong with cookie strains! I am smoking on some Afghan Fire Cookies and its the fkn shiznit too.
Damn that sounds bomb zombie, I have a runtzmints bean on my way and can wait to try it. Gonna reverse it to have more and choose one to cross with my dosido 33 x biscotti mintz girl.

ninjadip

ninjadip

You won a free light? lmfao I had no idea congrats, which light did you win the Phlizon?
I won the spider farmer sf2000 for the last month give away. Already put it in there.
Thanks

I just got the seeds and the freebie sounds really cool, Blueberry Cupcake X Mac 1. From Humboldt Seed Company Pheno Hunters. Just saw googled it up and apparently it's very new and is only available as a freebie for now? Idk but the blueberry cupcake strain looks dank AF, so this cross should be stellar!! Might do this next with something else

This is the blueberry cupcake, and we all know the Mac. So excited

Screenshot 20221119 182522
PXL 20221119 225757261
ninjadip

ninjadip

UPGRADES!!

Connected all DWC buckets with ID hose.
Added 4" half dome, air stones to each bucket, manufacturer recommendation of 4-8watts of air pump power per stone. They are big stones!!!
Replaced 15w 8-way air pump with a 60w air pump, really not that loud as i thought it would be.

Added ph Controller. (cheapest one on amazon, i got it for $100 but it's on sale now for $50)
Soldered a DIY peristaltic pump (saved me $$, a DIY pump is around $10 on amazon, the dc power source, $1.
Painted my pH down jug black, to block light.

Been busy today. connected what were individual dwc buckets together, with one additional one. I will add 3 more to this pool when this grow is over, basically doubling the total reservoir for next time(4 plants, 8 buckets). This will allow their resources to be shared, which will make it a lot easier on me. i now have only one pH to check, one EC to check, even though i've been over-confident lately, and i know i haven't even checked the ph on any of them in over 3 weeks.

Attention to Cheap pH controller: Yes, I am aware that it is not a Blue lab model. And that this one has reviews that people claim it's inaccurate. Well to that I say this, I calibrated the ph probe with 2 reference solutions about 3-4 months ago when i got and didn't have anywhere to put it yet. Took it out today, went to recalibrate it, and it was right on the god damn money!! So Hah! lol
Regardless, I kind of like it's manual screw adjustments, and i will test it bi-weekly i think. I wish it had EC in ppm, but it does not. I don't like the ms/cm scale, and the us/cm scale tops out too low, but hey, i'm not complaining. I can do some math, or have google convert it for me.
So the 2.5 ms/cm converts to 1250 ppm on the common 500 scale.

What i need now is an easier way to check the water level on the external bucket. i really don't want to drill another hole in the bucket for a fill check hose.
FYI, the lid is off the bucket just for the video.

I'm sure i'm overlooking some easy way that i can check the level without opening the lid, can anyone help? lol

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

UPGRADES!!

Connected all DWC buckets with ID hose.
Added 4" half dome, air stones to each bucket, manufacturer recommendation of 4-8watts of air pump power per stone. They are big stones!!!
Replaced 15w 8-way air pump with a 60w air pump, really not that loud as i thought it would be.

Added ph Controller. (cheapest one on amazon, i got it for $100 but it's on sale now for $50)
Soldered a DIY peristaltic pump (saved me $$, a DIY pump is around $10 on amazon, the dc power source, $1.
Painted my pH down jug black, to block light.

Been busy today. connected what were individual dwc buckets together, with one additional one. I will add 3 more to this pool when this grow is over, basically doubling the total reservoir for next time(4 plants, 8 buckets). This will allow their resources to be shared, which will make it a lot easier on me. i now have only one pH to check, one EC to check, even though i've been over-confident lately, and i know i haven't even checked the ph on any of them in over 3 weeks.

Attention to Cheap pH controller: Yes, I am aware that it is not a Blue lab model. And that this one has reviews that people claim it's inaccurate. Well to that I say this, I calibrated the ph probe with 2 reference solutions about 3-4 months ago when i got and didn't have anywhere to put it yet. Took it out today, went to recalibrate it, and it was right on the god damn money!! So Hah! lol
Regardless, I kind of like it's manual screw adjustments, and i will test it bi-weekly i think. I wish it had EC in ppm, but it does not. I don't like the ms/cm scale, and the us/cm scale tops out too low, but hey, i'm not complaining. I can do some math, or have google convert it for me.

What i need now is an easier way to check the water level on the external bucket. i really don't want to drill another hole in the bucket for a fill check hose.
FYI, the lid is off the bucket just for the video.
View attachment 1304654
I'm sure i'm overlooking some easy way that i can check the level without opening the lid, can anyone help? lol
Damn ninja, I use to grow hydro with rock wool cubes and ebb n flow system but this is next level sh$t man. Definitely a awesome upgrade my guy. I have total respect to you and all that grow DWC. I wouldn’t even know where to begin haha. Enjoy bro👍🏼

ninjadip

ninjadip

Damn ninja, I use to grow hydro with rock wool cubes and ebb n flow system but this is next level sh$t man. Definitely a awesome upgrade my guy. I have total respect to you and all that grow DWC. I wouldn’t even know where to begin haha. Enjoy bro👍🏼
wait till you see the next upgrade for the next grow. i have to wait until the buckets are empty.

I found these drip ring feeders for dwc that i can add to these buckets. the best thing is that they are air powered!!! so no submersible pumps to clog or check on. This way the top roots will also get some feed, and not just the ones in the bottom. This will also eliminate me ever having to "top feed" the dwc buckets to ensure that healthy bacteria colonies are on all of the roots.

That's why i got the bigger air pump with some power left to spare, to run these drip rings.

And thank you!!!!!!
I was hoping someone would be impressed, because my wife isn't lol. Spent a few hours doing this today. I should have waited until the grow was done, would have been a lot easier. but i have noticed the roots on some of them struggling, i think from lack of DO in the water. so the air stones and bigger airpump should really benefit these plants. The roots in one bucket have completely maxed out, it's insane. It makes sense they need much more air than the original system design

crazy to go from a 12watt air pump to a 60watt! that's over a factor of 4x!!!

I really, really like these huge air stones. I almost got those discs that everyone else uses, then i saw these. bigger, and no plastic housing like those disc ones.

ninjadip

ninjadip

@Aqua Man Finally got those buckets connected. I was too intimidated to drill bigger holes in the buckets, and do the pvc pipes. All of these buckets already had a 1/2" uniseal fitting. I took out the fill check lines from that spot, and installed the spigots, and t-connectors to hook them all up.

Going to put those drip rings i told you about in for the next grow.

oh! @Ganjadad
I found a cheap chiller on amazon for $90 today! so that will be in for the next grow too.
Damn, running out of upgrades to do! lol
The next big upgrade is going to be better lights for the non- Spider farmer side. But being that i have lights, and they do work, so it's not that pressing. By summer time it will be, i want to get a much more efficient light for that side that will let me run cooler in summertime.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

wait till you see the next upgrade for the next grow. i have to wait until the buckets are empty.

I found these drip ring feeders for dwc that i can add to these buckets. the best thing is that they are air powered!!! so no submersible pumps to clog or check on. This way the top roots will also get some feed, and not just the ones in the bottom. This will also eliminate me ever having to "top feed" the dwc buckets to ensure that healthy bacteria colonies are on all of the roots.

That's why i got the bigger air pump with some power left to spare, to run these drip rings.

And thank you!!!!!!
I was hoping someone would be impressed, because my wife isn't lol. Spent a few hours doing this today. I should have waited until the grow was done, would have been a lot easier. but i have noticed the roots on some of them struggling, i think from lack of DO in the water. so the air stones and bigger airpump should really benefit these plants. The roots in one bucket have completely maxed out, it's insane. It makes sense they need much more air than the original system design

crazy to go from a 12watt air pump to a 60watt! that's over a factor of 4x!!!

I really, really like these huge air stones. I almost got those discs that everyone else uses, then i saw these. bigger, and no plastic housing like those disc ones.
That sounds awesome bro, kickin a$$! So this type of growing is pretty hands free after having it all set up like your gonna have after the new upgrade? And yeah my wife doesn’t get everything I do either, she’s like oh cool 😂 but it’s okay, she’s not a grower so I wouldn’t expect anything more from her haha. I use to have a big air pump and large air stones with a huge multi port like that too when I had multiple reservoirs to aerate, mine was pretty loud but that was like 6yrs ago. How’s yours with the noise? Yeah I can’t wait to do something new to the grow room when I get new stuff so I get it😂 I wouldn’t mind getting into dwc if it’s as hands free like soil

ninjadip

ninjadip

That sounds awesome bro, kickin a$$! So this type of growing is pretty hands free after having it all set up like your gonna have after the new upgrade? And yeah my wife doesn’t get everything I do either, she’s like oh cool 😂 but it’s okay, she’s not a grower so I wouldn’t expect anything more from her haha. I use to have a big air pump and large air stones with a huge multi port like that too when I had multiple reservoirs to aerate, mine was pretty loud but that was like 6yrs ago. How’s yours with the noise? Yeah I can’t wait to do something new to the grow room when I get new stuff so I get it😂 I wouldn’t mind getting into dwc if it’s as hands free like soil
I'm actually really impressed with the low noise from it. My 8" exhaust fan is much louder, sounds like a god damn jet engine when it turns on.

Yeah, so the plan is to be more and more hands free. Hopefully next grow to have a large enough pooled reservoir where i don't have to do any top offs between res changes.

Funny story about my diy peristaltic pump, that thing started pumping so much ph down too fast, that i went all the way down to a ph of 4 something! now i realize why a stepper motor would have been better. but that would take more wiring. so as an temp fix, until i get another motor, i put it on a cycle timer, so the second it comes on, it only stays one for 1-2 sec and is off for 3 minutes, which will allow the ph controller enough time to decide if the system still needs more ph down then.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

I'm actually really impressed with the low noise from it. My 8" exhaust fan is much louder, sounds like a god damn jet engine when it turns on.

Yeah, so the plan is to be more and more hands free. Hopefully next grow to have a large enough pooled reservoir where i don't have to do any top offs between res changes.

Funny story about my diy peristaltic pump, that thing started pumping so much ph down too fast, that i went all the way down to a ph of 4 something! now i realize why a stepper motor would have been better. but that would take more wiring. so as an temp fix, until i get another motor, i put it on a cycle timer, so the second it comes on, it only stays one for 1-2 sec and is off for 3 minutes, which will allow the ph controller enough time to decide if the system still needs more ph down then.
That’s awesome you were able to figure that out. Maybe one day I’ll dip my toes in dwc

ninjadip

ninjadip

@Ganjadad I had an idiot epiphany while doing the water hoses...
As I was connecting them, I figured there might be a little leak here until I'm done.
After I dry up a puddle, I turn around and there is even more water! I start flipping out, double checking all the connections....
I can't figure it out, I don't see where the leaks are coming from.

And then... I see the water coming out the air line hanging out the bucket that I hadn't connected any check valves too.... Yeah the air hose was siphoning the water... 😆 I felt like an idiot, but was so happy when I found out

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

@Ganjadad I had an idiot epiphany while doing the water hoses...
As I was connecting them, I figured there might be a little leak here until I'm done.
After I dry up a puddle, I turn around and there is even more water! I start flipping out, double checking all the connections....
I can't figure it out, I don't see where the leaks are coming from.

And then... I see the water coming out the air line hanging out the bucket that I hadn't connected any check valves too.... Yeah the air hose was siphoning the water... 😆 I felt like an idiot, but was so happy when I found out
Haha that’s too funny, good shit you caught that when you did hahaha
Just another day in the grow room 😂

Top Bottom