CropKing 4.5 - 14 - 34 vs Jacks Pro 5 - 12 - 26

• Thread starter budfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

budfarmer

Anybody try using CropKing ? The P & K look higher than Jax I would imagine if you found CropKing Hydro to strong you could simply reduce ppm's by adding more water. Anybody see any problem with the CropKing nute profile ? I believe CropKing is a bit more expensive but considering the savings over Hydro store 4L jugs it's still a good deal.

Coir

Coir

I would try and get the complete nutrient analysis before buying/using this stuff. They don't seem to list it on their site.

B

budfarmer

The in sales blurb says includes all major and micro nutes I will try to find a nute analysis.

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

it may be better in flower than Jacks with the lower N and higher P & K...have you used Jack's before? Might be interesting to do a side by side of the same clone on each one...

Quantrill

Quantrill

Hydro-Gro guaranteed analysis

nitrogen- 4.5%
P2O5= 14%
K2O=34%
Mg=3.7%
boron=0.03%
copper=0.0084%
Iron=0.09%
Mangenese=0.074%
Moly=0.005%
zinc=0.0275%

that's from their printed catalog.

B

budfarmer

Thanks for the thoughts guy's ! My plants are not liking Jax I have no idea why I have tried everything I think I may have gotten a bad batch of 5 12 26 maybe the end of a run shorted on some thing my plants look washed out even with higher ppm. I saw a bag of this CropKing at the hydro shop so I might give it a try the only thing I don't like about CropKing so far is the price it's a little steeper than Jax but if it puts an end to my headache it will be worth it. Looks to me like there are a few micro's missing but if your in dirt it most likely won't matter, I just started feeding Jax 10 30 20 and the plants are liking it so far.

J

Jalisco Kid

%'s of what? NPK % does not tell you much of the quality of the fertilizer. Look at a salt index.
I would Never use a base fertilizer that has a higher P. That's for ed and jorge not a real grower of quality.JK

B

budfarmer

With Jax 5 12 26 my plants looked washed out but the 10 30 20 is really making these plants green up fast I'm going to give them a break tomorrow and go straight water then back on 10 30 20. Krystal at JR Peters recommends alternating between 5 12 26 and 10 30 20 on alternating weeks during flower, early indications are she may be right. I don't quite get the reasoning yet but she says the Jax 5 12 26 formula she recommends gives you 150 ppm's nitrogen while the 10 30 20 formula she recommends gives you 300 ppm's nitrogen ? Krystal's formula calls for a whooping 12g 10 30 20 per 4L water which would be some where around 11g per U.S. gallon. Odd 150 ppm N in veg and 300 ppm N in flower ? Anyway I will cut and paste her suggested formula since you are interested.

B

budfarmer

This is what Krystal recommends for formula's ( since she recommended this mix she bumped me up to 22g Jacks 20g Epsom and 15 Calcium Nitrate ) per 20L water

Here is what I recommend, I always add in some extra Epsom salts, you can buy it at the grocery or drug store. Then for the Blooming use 10-30-20
Veg: 150 ppm 5-12-26 +Cal Nitrate.
So dissolve 20g 5-12-26 in 20 liters
Then dissolve 1 tsp of Epsom salts
And finally 13 g Cal Nitrate
Bloom: Blooming (First week): 300ppm of 10-30-20 + extra Epsom
Which is 60 grams of 10-30-20in 20 litres + 1 tsp of Epsom salts
(2nd week) back to 150 ppm of vegetative formula
Alternate between 2 formaulations till the end of the growing cycle.

Last edited:
johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

that sounds like too much nitrogen... when I use Jacks it's 400ppm 5-12-26 and 200ppm Cal-Nit plus whatever the epsom salts are...plants are always green...

J

Jalisco Kid

This is what Krystal recommends for formula's ( since she recommended this mix she bumped me up to 22g Jacks 20g Epsom and 15 Calcium Nitrate ) per 20L water

Here is what I recommend, I always add in some extra Epsom salts, you can buy it at the grocery or drug store. Then for the Blooming use 10-30-20
Veg: 150 ppm 5-12-26 +Cal Nitrate.
So dissolve 20g 5-12-26 in 20 liters
Then dissolve 1 tsp of Epsom salts
And finally 13 g Cal Nitrate
Bloom: Blooming (First week): 300ppm of 10-30-20 + extra Epsom
Which is 60 grams of 10-30-20in 20 litres + 1 tsp of Epsom salts
(2nd week) back to 150 ppm of vegetative formula
Alternate between 2 formaulations till the end of the growing cycle.
When your done mixing your batch what is the ratio of N to K? JK

P

Protaide

When your done mixing your batch what is the ratio of N to K? JK

Don't want to intrude, but to help;
Krystal recommendation: 22g Jack + 15g CaNO3 = K:N - 1.45
Veg: 20g Jack + 13g CaNO3 = K:N - 1.50
Blooming: 60g of 10-30-20 = K:N - 1.66

B

budfarmer

JC I don't know what my ratio's are I don't know a lot about nute's right now I don't have a lot of extra time to spend reading so I need to rely on JR Peters advice until the fall when I get more time. Krystal bumped me up to 22g Jax 15 cal nitrate 20 Epsom. Also I seem to have been fighting some sort of plant disease at the same time so it's time to kill off everything bleach the shit out of everything and start fresh. Just a thought for others what appears to be a very stubborn and nasty plant disease seems to have infected every plant I have it is most likely that it arrived on the outer shell of seeds purchased on the net you may want to research washing and cleaning seeds when they arrive with 10% TSP solution followed by 10% bleach solution like farmers affected by Tabaco Mosaic Virus do, never tried it but if it works with out killing seeds better safe than sorry. My thoughts as far as Jax, CropKing, Plant Prod fertilizers are that these fert co. are really big companies dealing with huge hydro tomato farms ect. you can likely tweak their mix and do really well, Jax has left a bad taste in my mouth except for the 10 30 20 .

J

Jalisco Kid

I do not know what salts are in those formulas but a lot of people seem to have a problem with them. So I am guessing they are using cheap salts or something is out of wack ratio wise. I like a little higher ratio then some "marijuana" companies formula. I like somewhere around a 1:2.75 to 1:3 N:K .JK

J

Jalisco Kid

JC I don't know what my ratio's are I don't know a lot about nute's right now I don't have a lot of extra time to spend reading so I need to rely on JR Peters advice until the fall when I get more time. Krystal bumped me up to 22g Jax 15 cal nitrate 20 Epsom. Also I seem to have been fighting some sort of plant disease at the same time so it's time to kill off everything bleach the shit out of everything and start fresh. Just a thought for others what appears to be a very stubborn and nasty plant disease seems to have infected every plant I have it is most likely that it arrived on the outer shell of seeds purchased on the net you may want to research washing and cleaning seeds when they arrive with 10% TSP solution followed by 10% bleach solution like farmers affected by Tabaco Mosaic Virus do, never tried it but if it works with out killing seeds better safe than sorry. My thoughts as far as Jax, CropKing, Plant Prod fertilizers are that these fert co. are really big companies dealing with huge hydro tomato farms ect. you can likely tweak their mix and do really well, Jax has left a bad taste in my mouth except for the 10 30 20 .
Plant prod is Haifa owned and their salts are cleaner then most others.That 10-30-20 puts a lot of P in your mix when a marijuana plant really does not use that much. It would seem that formula would be good in a sandy soil were P gets flushed out of the soil easily. Or good for starting seeds or cuts. JK

P

Protaide

I do not know what salts are in those formulas but a lot of people seem to have a problem with them. So I am guessing they are using cheap salts or something is out of wack ratio wise. I like a little higher ratio then some "marijuana" companies formula. I like somewhere around a 1:2.75 to 1:3 N:K .JK

with the ratio you mention here; I assume your talking about % ratio rather than elemental?

I must amend my previous ratio's also; I had another nute that I forgot to remove. To clarify I'm giving elemental ratio.

Krystal's - K:N = 1.42 (not 1.45)
Veg shown K:N = 1.46 (not 1.50)
Bloom - K:N = 1.66

J

Jalisco Kid

with the ratio you mention here; I assume your talking about % ratio rather than elemental?

I must amend my previous ratio's also; I had another nute that I forgot to remove. To clarify I'm giving elemental ratio.

Krystal's - K:N = 1.42 (not 1.45)
Veg shown K:N = 1.46 (not 1.50)
Bloom - K:N = 1.66
I was simply looking at his ppm ratio once he was done completing his nutrient mix. Not knowing what salts are in his brand I can not run it thru a calculator. I was just guessing from others having a problem with those nutrients that either they were using poor quality salts or there are some bad ratios in the blend. JK

B

budfarmer

I have not heard to much about people having problems with Jacks Pro in one case Peters sent the guy a fresh bag of 5-12-26. Anybody have trouble with Jacks if so what did you discover ??

Top Bottom