Cross pollination, breeding balls male

• Thread starter Eeri
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eeri

Eeri

Hi,
So I have grown but this is the first male I've gotten and want to make it count. The female is a medical grade Sativa with a mixture of CBD and THC in it, for the effects of both. The male is a super indica that smells amazing but is growing balls. I want to breed them to hopefully get a plant that produces CBD as well as THC, like the female. So if you could give tips on breeding these two wonderful plants it would be appreciated

Eeri

Eeri

20220711 101659

Eeri

Eeri

I'm looking for max seedage so I can grow this strain indefinitely

steamroller

steamroller

Put the male in tent with female as stated above.
Just let the male do its thing and remember you wanted lots of seeds.
Some just use silver thiosulfate to get female seeds without needing any males..
You will grow males from the seeds you produce if you use a male.
Silver Thiosulfate makes female seeds..

Eeri

Eeri

Put the male in tent with female as stated above.
Just let the male do its thing and remember you wanted lots of seeds.
Some just use silver thiosulfate to get female seeds without needing any males..
You will grow males from the seeds you produce if you use a male.
Silver Thiosulfate makes female seeds..
Do you use Silver Thiosulfate along with male polen or naw?

steamroller

steamroller

Do you use Silver Thiosulfate along with male polen or naw?
I have not used it yet.
What I read briefly says to spray a branch of female plant 3 times a week or so for a week or two[ read up ] and the plant will grow female seeds .
Just like that!
Seems too easy for me to not try sooner or later but I get carried away easily with growing...

Eeri

Eeri

That's legit man I hope it works!
I'm curious myself.
Post results on here I definitely want to try.

Eeri

Eeri

I'm going to give it a try. I understand that my male has already begun pollination of *my female but I am hypothsizing that this silver thiosulfate will still bring about female seeds. I may be wrong, but we'll see.

Eeri

Eeri

Male pollen sacks have been bursting and now I have seed pods forming in my buds. I have been spraying with Silver Thiosulfate every 3 days. How do I know when she's ready to harvest? Also do I dry and cure, then pick seeds? Anyway, there is Alot of pollen, this tent may never be sterile again.

Eeri

Eeri

Been cutting off male branches and shaking the pollen off on top of the buds

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Been cutting off male branches and shaking the pollen off on top of the buds
Cut off uneeded portion of unopened pollen sacks,put paper bread bags with the plastic window if available, on remaining usuable branches with an elastic band, then after the pollen sheds, cut the branch and take it out of the room,apply pollen with qtip as needed. You can shine a flashlight behind the bag and see stage of pollination.

Eeri

Eeri

Cut off uneeded portion of unopened pollen sacks,put paper bread bags with the plastic window if available, on remaining usuable branches with an elastic band, then after the pollen sheds, cut the branch and take it out of the room,apply pollen with qtip as needed. You can shine a flashlight behind the bag and see stage of pollination.
I'm not really sure what you mean? It looks like all the pollen sacks have opened

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
I'm going to give it a try. I understand that my male has already begun pollination of *my female but I am hypothsizing that this silver thiosulfate will still bring about female seeds. I may be wrong, but we'll see.
I dont get it, why are you spraying STS when the male is already pollinating the female?

Latest posts

Top Bottom