cryogenic freezers

• Thread starter mastacheeser
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Looking for a cheapo to get me started

Pretty sure I've seen them around for 2-3k but what brands should I be looking for for? Most I've looked at seem like their for holding small vials and I need a cu ft minimum

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Ebay? College Auction maybe?

I don't think your gonna find one that size " cheapo " :\

I assume you want one for pollen storage?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Shit if you just wanna dewax why not use a solution of salt water and propylene glycol and toss that in the freezer the 2 mixed with water will prevent freezing and allow for below freezing temps. Can immerse whatever vessel you like in the solution just wipe it off good it will be a little oily/greasy.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Shit if you just wanna dewax why not use a solution of salt water and propylene glycol and toss that in the freezer the 2 mixed with water will prevent freezing and allow for below freezing temps. Can immerse whatever vessel you like in the solution just wipe it off good it will be a little oily/greasy.
I'm gonna try n hook this up legit. Even have the ln2 sourced already.

Can you really hit -150 using salt in the freezer?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
-150 prolly not :\ but is -150 really needed for dewaxing?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Hmm Thats news to me, Ive always used my deep freezer and that works just fine? Everyone i know just uses there freezer? Are we not getting ALL the waxes out that way?

gumby420

gumby420

i dont even freeze mine, i just blast into a mason jar and all the tane keeps it around 0* and im left with plenty of fats and unwanted shit left behind. i wonder how much more youd pull out dropping it to -150, that could be a huge yield difference, haha im already losing enough

overripe

overripe

at those temperatures butane will probably be completely frozen. my knowledge is in line with gumby's; you'll be precipitating a lot more than just lipids (waxes/fats).

limonene and myrcene each have a melting point of -74.35°C and -10 °C respectively and are two of the most abundant terpenoids found in cannabis, so those will condense out of solution and will be lost with filtering. your extract will probably also be less potent since the solubility of THC and butane is collinear. at -150 °F there is a concern that a considerable percentage of your cannabinoids will be filtered out along with whatever lipids were extracted.

Top Bottom