Crystal Burst?

• Thread starter RIVAL79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson

Ur good lol. Didn't think u were trying to be one. It was something he was curious about seeing as the purple max snow storm is a folier and has some phosphorus in it. Asked me to ask someone

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

I use Ultra SnowStorm and Crystal Burst with Kool Bloom and FloraNectar! That combo seems to be working great. I used it the first feeding at half strength and full strength on the second feeding. I used a teaspoon of all 4. I'm running half strength on my 3 part. I have only used it twice in flower and seen a huge dif in flower and trich production! Next time I'm gonna run it the whole flower cycle.
hey rival i know this has been over 3 years but i am wondering if u are still using this combo? i just got the sample pack from HCO and its got a little bit of everthing in it. i was thinking of running their whole sample line on 1 plant and compare it to the regime im using now. thanks man

kilo d

kilo d

Plus B1,2,6,&12. I'll check at the shop. I use the powdered version, sonic bloom.
Do you like the sonic boom better then the crystal burst? I've heard using crystal burst for the first 2 weeks of bloom, then switch to sonic boom in week 3.

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

Do you like the sonic boom better then the crystal burst? I've heard using crystal burst for the first 2 weeks of bloom, then switch to sonic boom in week 3.
they are meant to be used together just like u say. i think its suppose to be ran the same way GH does with the liquid and dry koolbloom

kilo d

kilo d

Ok cool. Thanks. I just added sonic boom last night. I'm curious to see them when they wake up. I'm running there whole line and so far its been going good. A tad of nute burn but not bad at all.

chronic68

chronic68

Ok cool. Thanks. I just added sonic boom last night. I'm curious to see them when they wake up. I'm running there whole line and so far its been going good. A tad of nute burn but not bad at all.
how did the nutes do? pics if it isnt too much trouble?

V

Vagosquad

The crystal burst is their cheapest product too at around $20 for a 32oz.
Its easy on the wallet and works well.

If you use snow storm; make sure you also use it as a foliar. You'll see results fast.
Even for cheaper the numbers are higher then on ssu. Better to me. I've been using what the bottle says (5ml-gal) no burning. Have been using since week 3 in veg... NO BURNS. in week 3 of flower now

mtownshend

mtownshend

Update on their Nutes since this was created they have modified their Gravity and sell it as G10 Gravitron now. Other than that and some new products to their gravity line, it's about the same, but a lot more versatile in it's use. Each bottle has an alternative use, for instance, one is good to soak rockwool in prior to cloning.
I have been using Humboldt's Own gravity feeding schedule along with the organic program below for about 3-4 months now (HO gravity system, not the feeding schedule). I have finally gotten to harvest some plants that have had most if not all of their life on the schedule and can say that while I have removed a ton of bottles from my feeding plan by using organic soil and teas for about a year now, I have noticed that there are specific points in the plant's life where some stimulants/additives can benefit and I have been looking for whatever works best and I am probably going to stay in this schedule indefinitely unless someone knows of a reason that the Humboldt's Own Gravity line of additives can't be used with organic gardening, then I would switch to something that is applied via foliar to avoid messing with the soil web, if possible, that may be problematic as well, I have a lot to learn, but then again that's what's kept me so focused on this for so many years. I have also been using AN overdrive to try to get a bit more out of the plant the last few weeks. It makes the plants go longer to ripen, but the yield and terpene profiles seems to be much more mature, despite the 48hrs darkness they all get once pulled. Aside from those, which I will discuss below, I have been sticking to an all organic diet. Even got 80 gals of worm bins at work in an effort to try to save some money and control what goes into those pots. I really like worm castings and would like to use at a fairly high rate, 20% as opposed to 10% recommended I believe, but for the brand that I have settled on, it can be expensive. So far, looks like I will eventually have a consistent source of castings that I may have to supplement, but will be very nutritious, may find that I don't need at such a high percentage of my soil and find that these bins can support my garden.

Changing nutrients/amendments is something that I have been doing for the past few years to try to weed out the crap. Just getting back up and running after a long break, so there are a lot of details that I have had to catch up on, the plethora of nutrient manufacturers is the most amazing thing, seems there's a brand for every budget. Cost is a major factor for me as all that I grow is for my own use and I am hoping has specific medicinal qualities that I am either looking for in a strain or know work well already. I usually have some extra, but selling it was never part of the plan, I enjoy my freedom and this is the best I can do in W. NY currently to treat some debilitating effects from head trauma a decade ago.
Back to the topic at hand, Humboldt's Own - Gravity System:
I have always wondered how this line would work, but up to the switch to organic, I was testing other nutrient lines out and never got to Humboldt's Own (HO) am not sure how the HO Gravity line and other stims and hormones listed below affect the the teas and living organisms within it (anything that can kill off the bene's in the tea and soil). Nothing listed on the HO gravity bottles is part of the short list of DO NOT USE ( I only care about the results, not the method, so mixing with inorganic hormones, stimulants, etc.. is fine with me, there is a place for them, but if in soil there is no better method than a base of tea at every watering. The effects are dramatic and nutrient uptake is increased dramatically.
I do have pics from most harvests, so I will try to find something that I can use to compare. The biggest difference is in the density, which isn't going to show in a pic unless I have some old ones without the stakes I was using and will upload here in another post once I have reviewed them, (Deep Breath is used during veg growth up to last week where you switch to gravity. If any of them will be cut out it will be the deep breath, but I want to test the liter out as much as possible, being so expensive would be a pretty big savings on grow related nutes if I removed it.

Results started to become evident as I harvested plants that had been on the system for at least 6 weeks of flowering (including 2 weeks flush), so 4 weeks of feeding. All the plants buds were much denser (as opposed to same strain during the past 1.5 years growing with it and several others, so I know what to expect with most), particularly the tops, but there is a noticeable increase in yield from this density increase, would say that it's in the 20% range, but I have to account for the change to organic nutes, which also increased yield, fortunately I used a purley organic feeeding schedule of just teas for . As the harvest started to get into 2-3 months on the gravity system, I had to change my trimming technique due to the number of buds that I would normally be able to fit my scissors in and cut at the base (I was taught that your after the bud, not the leaves, so I have always tried to trim as many as leaves possible, the density won't allow access to anything that is inside the bud, like leaves at the base as opposed to a hair trim, which I find myself doing a lot more

Prior to the change I had been using a mostly organic soil mix (drainage leaned toward soilless) with a dry nute blend I made, amendments and trace minerals. This hasn't changed, I add all the dry ingredients during the mixing process and let the soil mix sit for 6 months (3 40g totes keep me stocked with fresh soil whenever it's needed, just using mostly extra tea, with a specific mix used every month to maintain the bene's. I make in the tubs to maintain the consistency desired.
as long as it's been given adequate air, time and bene's, the soil is ready to use in a few months, the longer the better, up to a year I think.

So, my plants get all the bene's needed from the tea used. Fungus, bacteria and spores and the species that have been shown thru research not to mention all the micro's, vitamins, amino acids, carbon, sulfur, etc... Seaweed is great, tons of beneficial organics obtained by aerating, but as with most recipes, that is just one component that a lot of the teas I'm making along with insect frass,

What has changed is the feeding. I've gotten off of all bottled nutes, the plants get their nutes from teas and the various recipes that allow the bene's to break down the nutes into a readily available form that the plant can use as is. Also, I dropped the entire AN line I was using the year prior, with a few exceptions, I am going to keep using their powdered big bud (a PK booster with added amendments) and Nirvana (as an amendment, there is no npk given, so I assume that to help get the most sites during last week of veg and first 2 of flower.. along with Humbolt Nutes PK booster (Big Up). The boosters each have some extra ingredients that benefit the plant, so I use them at half the rate and adjust as needed. Everything else listed is organic and Bottled stuff gets added to the water when feeding or foliar fed with a tea blend made of insect frass. This tea is only useful when you have a food microbe population in the soil. Bene's are the mechanism that the plants need to convert all nutes to a form that they can use readily. The time and energy plants required to do this on their own is much more lengthy, so I am basically getting the same results, most likely faster than b4 and I've cut out 2/3 of the cost I've been spending on liquid nutes. However, there is a significant cost to set up and obtain all the organic ingredients or premixed tea blends, which is what I started with til I was used to the 3 companies I used for tea mixes and the consistent feeding program used by each to get the max benefit, basically I used premixed tea blends to start and have moved to tea recipes for specific growth stages and refined further with the liquid amendments I use, which is where I will get into the effect of having the Gravity system in action along with all these great teas that feed the plants.

Humboldt's Own Gravity System:
Hydrozyme, G10 (gravitron was discontinued and if you can find it, its very expensive, you want G10), Crystal Burst, Snow Storm Stacker and purple maxx for the appropriate strain (past conversations with AN rep reveled that you can get a similar reaction if using bud candy, but have no specifics on this claim and treat it as such. Finally, I use Deep Breath during the last 4 weeks of a plant in vegetative mode (should be using it every water up to start of G10 system, but I am pinching pennies, deep breath is expensive) as well as the G10, the others are normal prices. The Dilution ratio is 5mL/g across the board, so these last a while when starting with a L of each. Seems I go thru more G10 than anything, will need to control dosing on next bottle better.

Results (anecdotal from my own experience and with the feeding program indicated.

so I assume that AN and most of the better nute manufacturers are already using this gravity system, it's just not as clear as HO makes it for the consumer. I am sure that there are a couple bottles they can add together, but for the most part these nutes are exclusive to the blend in the bottle and can't be mixed for sale, would not only affect the use of the products, but impact the results, so I am very happy with the result.

Particularly the flowering additives, Deep Breath is gonna get cut out to see if there is a help and removed if not, stuff is $50 a quart, supposed to be used to get the plant ready for the gravity treatment, but there has to be an easier, cheaper way. I only use it a week or 2 before flower, when the plants reach 18" or so. So, I really only use it a couple weeks per plant. 4-6 waterings at 1/2 to 3/4 strength (PPMs). I started everything based on the directions, some of the amendments are for late blooming, some early, it's all detailed on their feeding chart or the bottles. Mixing is simple, 5mL/G, not bad, but your adding Hydro Zyme, G-10, Crystal Burst, Ultra Snow to the plants that are at the last month or 3 weeks, so I have to adjust the water PPM within safe limits. That's just a matter of the strength of the tea used. PH balanced and it's ready to use.

The Gravity system was noticeable within a month of starting the plants in flower on it. There was a clear increase in bud density, even those not getting a lot of shade. I have read articles about this where the use basically starts up another flowering cycle on top the normal one. This is what is responsible for the density. The bud size didn't seem to be affected too much by this, but yield was 15-220% more by weight. As plants that had been on the HO gravity system their lifetime started to finish I could see much clearer the improvement over bud size as well. Would have to say that yeild increaced about 1/3, which is nothing to shake a stick at, I may be able to get that kind of improvement with multiple upgrades to the system's gear and get a similar increase, nothing like this from a bottle that I have tried.

I also forgot to mention that while I was extending the flowering cycle, I went ahead and started using Overdrive, which seems to maintain the vigor you want through that last 2 weeks of flowering and this does it, seems. All else being equal.

I have pics to compare, but I'm not wasting time with those, the nugs now are much better, but require more flushing that I used to do with just organic ingredients, but it's worth it.

Haven't had a strain in flower that could take advantage of the purple maxx and I haven't grown anything purple other than that achieved from temp manipulation. I have some in the works and will test it out on most and leave some untreated to see if there is some utility with this solution. Again, this is one of the expensive ones, so I will be looking to knock it off once it's gone, but it will get a fair shake to perform when ready.

The Gravity system is not a nutrient and to take full advantage of it you have to give the plants plenty of it. You will be able to give a much stronger solution without tip burn, but that is still your yard stick when trying to find a good balance. I would say to use whatever NPK sources you prefer, the gravity system is compatible with any other apparently. Nothing I have read seems detrimental to organic teas, in fact, a lot of it smells organic. Their Base A and B is full of salts, not recommended, their tree oil or nutrient is very good, just need to get a list of ingredients to use in conjunction with other veg nutes, like micro and grow. Their 3 part nutrient solution to be used throughout the plants life just uses different ratios of the A and B and golden tree I think it's call. Would imagine that using a 1 part grow at 1/2 strength and this golden tree may work well. The golden tree is the real deal. has very low mixing ratios until you get to last 3 weeks, where it jumps to 9-14 mL/g. I will never get the A and B, in fact I will use them in my hydro setup, with a micro. That's where is use all the stuff I am not using anymore. It's a grow system that I just keep for the convenience and speed with which clones can be at full height. it's also a great too to cool down strains growth, just feed a minimum amount to keep the plants healthy, but that's all. Prolly give it a perk with a foliar spray prior to cloning. That way the air bubble isn't as much of a worry. Silica should be added as well to maintain strength so the cuttings stand up straight. Silica is a lifetime of nute to add, as long as the plant is growing silica is needed and helps prevent the main cola from being like a straw. With sime silica and pruning, you can create scar tissue that will make the branches and cola solid.

I will continue to use the Gravity system until I can make all the documented yield increases explain away and figure out exactly what is making the nugs more demse other than these products.

Dr kabuki

Dr kabuki

I know it is all. I have been using the whole line hco line , I really like it. but have some question about foiler feed.

Dr kabuki

Dr kabuki

Update on their Nutes since this was created they have modified their Gravity and sell it as G10 Gravitron now. Other than that and some new products to their gravity line, it's about the same, but a lot more versatile in it's use. Each bottle has an alternative use, for instance, one is good to soak rockwool in prior to cloning.
I have been using Humboldt's Own gravity feeding schedule along with the organic program below for about 3-4 months now (HO gravity system, not the feeding schedule). I have finally gotten to harvest some plants that have had most if not all of their life on the schedule and can say that while I have removed a ton of bottles from my feeding plan by using organic soil and teas for about a year now, I have noticed that there are specific points in the plant's life where some stimulants/additives can benefit and I have been looking for whatever works best and I am probably going to stay in this schedule indefinitely unless someone knows of a reason that the Humboldt's Own Gravity line of additives can't be used with organic gardening, then I would switch to something that is applied via foliar to avoid messing with the soil web, if possible, that may be problematic as well, I have a lot to learn, but then again that's what's kept me so focused on this for so many years. I have also been using AN overdrive to try to get a bit more out of the plant the last few weeks. It makes the plants go longer to ripen, but the yield and terpene profiles seems to be much more mature, despite the 48hrs darkness they all get once pulled. Aside from those, which I will discuss below, I have been sticking to an all organic diet. Even got 80 gals of worm bins at work in an effort to try to save some money and control what goes into those pots. I really like worm castings and would like to use at a fairly high rate, 20% as opposed to 10% recommended I believe, but for the brand that I have settled on, it can be expensive. So far, looks like I will eventually have a consistent source of castings that I may have to supplement, but will be very nutritious, may find that I don't need at such a high percentage of my soil and find that these bins can support my garden.

Changing nutrients/amendments is something that I have been doing for the past few years to try to weed out the crap. Just getting back up and running after a long break, so there are a lot of details that I have had to catch up on, the plethora of nutrient manufacturers is the most amazing thing, seems there's a brand for every budget. Cost is a major factor for me as all that I grow is for my own use and I am hoping has specific medicinal qualities that I am either looking for in a strain or know work well already. I usually have some extra, but selling it was never part of the plan, I enjoy my freedom and this is the best I can do in W. NY currently to treat some debilitating effects from head trauma a decade ago.
Back to the topic at hand, Humboldt's Own - Gravity System:
I have always wondered how this line would work, but up to the switch to organic, I was testing other nutrient lines out and never got to Humboldt's Own (HO) am not sure how the HO Gravity line and other stims and hormones listed below affect the the teas and living organisms within it (anything that can kill off the bene's in the tea and soil). Nothing listed on the HO gravity bottles is part of the short list of DO NOT USE ( I only care about the results, not the method, so mixing with inorganic hormones, stimulants, etc.. is fine with me, there is a place for them, but if in soil there is no better method than a base of tea at every watering. The effects are dramatic and nutrient uptake is increased dramatically.
I do have pics from most harvests, so I will try to find something that I can use to compare. The biggest difference is in the density, which isn't going to show in a pic unless I have some old ones without the stakes I was using and will upload here in another post once I have reviewed them, (Deep Breath is used during veg growth up to last week where you switch to gravity. If any of them will be cut out it will be the deep breath, but I want to test the liter out as much as possible, being so expensive would be a pretty big savings on grow related nutes if I removed it.

Results started to become evident as I harvested plants that had been on the system for at least 6 weeks of flowering (including 2 weeks flush), so 4 weeks of feeding. All the plants buds were much denser (as opposed to same strain during the past 1.5 years growing with it and several others, so I know what to expect with most), particularly the tops, but there is a noticeable increase in yield from this density increase, would say that it's in the 20% range, but I have to account for the change to organic nutes, which also increased yield, fortunately I used a purley organic feeeding schedule of just teas for . As the harvest started to get into 2-3 months on the gravity system, I had to change my trimming technique due to the number of buds that I would normally be able to fit my scissors in and cut at the base (I was taught that your after the bud, not the leaves, so I have always tried to trim as many as leaves possible, the density won't allow access to anything that is inside the bud, like leaves at the base as opposed to a hair trim, which I find myself doing a lot more

Prior to the change I had been using a mostly organic soil mix (drainage leaned toward soilless) with a dry nute blend I made, amendments and trace minerals. This hasn't changed, I add all the dry ingredients during the mixing process and let the soil mix sit for 6 months (3 40g totes keep me stocked with fresh soil whenever it's needed, just using mostly extra tea, with a specific mix used every month to maintain the bene's. I make in the tubs to maintain the consistency desired.
as long as it's been given adequate air, time and bene's, the soil is ready to use in a few months, the longer the better, up to a year I think.

So, my plants get all the bene's needed from the tea used. Fungus, bacteria and spores and the species that have been shown thru research not to mention all the micro's, vitamins, amino acids, carbon, sulfur, etc... Seaweed is great, tons of beneficial organics obtained by aerating, but as with most recipes, that is just one component that a lot of the teas I'm making along with insect frass,

What has changed is the feeding. I've gotten off of all bottled nutes, the plants get their nutes from teas and the various recipes that allow the bene's to break down the nutes into a readily available form that the plant can use as is. Also, I dropped the entire AN line I was using the year prior, with a few exceptions, I am going to keep using their powdered big bud (a PK booster with added amendments) and Nirvana (as an amendment, there is no npk given, so I assume that to help get the most sites during last week of veg and first 2 of flower.. along with Humbolt Nutes PK booster (Big Up). The boosters each have some extra ingredients that benefit the plant, so I use them at half the rate and adjust as needed. Everything else listed is organic and Bottled stuff gets added to the water when feeding or foliar fed with a tea blend made of insect frass. This tea is only useful when you have a food microbe population in the soil. Bene's are the mechanism that the plants need to convert all nutes to a form that they can use readily. The time and energy plants required to do this on their own is much more lengthy, so I am basically getting the same results, most likely faster than b4 and I've cut out 2/3 of the cost I've been spending on liquid nutes. However, there is a significant cost to set up and obtain all the organic ingredients or premixed tea blends, which is what I started with til I was used to the 3 companies I used for tea mixes and the consistent feeding program used by each to get the max benefit, basically I used premixed tea blends to start and have moved to tea recipes for specific growth stages and refined further with the liquid amendments I use, which is where I will get into the effect of having the Gravity system in action along with all these great teas that feed the plants.

Humboldt's Own Gravity System:
Hydrozyme, G10 (gravitron was discontinued and if you can find it, its very expensive, you want G10), Crystal Burst, Snow Storm Stacker and purple maxx for the appropriate strain (past conversations with AN rep reveled that you can get a similar reaction if using bud candy, but have no specifics on this claim and treat it as such. Finally, I use Deep Breath during the last 4 weeks of a plant in vegetative mode (should be using it every water up to start of G10 system, but I am pinching pennies, deep breath is expensive) as well as the G10, the others are normal prices. The Dilution ratio is 5mL/g across the board, so these last a while when starting with a L of each. Seems I go thru more G10 than anything, will need to control dosing on next bottle better.

Results (anecdotal from my own experience and with the feeding program indicated.

so I assume that AN and most of the better nute manufacturers are already using this gravity system, it's just not as clear as HO makes it for the consumer. I am sure that there are a couple bottles they can add together, but for the most part these nutes are exclusive to the blend in the bottle and can't be mixed for sale, would not only affect the use of the products, but impact the results, so I am very happy with the result.

Particularly the flowering additives, Deep Breath is gonna get cut out to see if there is a help and removed if not, stuff is $50 a quart, supposed to be used to get the plant ready for the gravity treatment, but there has to be an easier, cheaper way. I only use it a week or 2 before flower, when the plants reach 18" or so. So, I really only use it a couple weeks per plant. 4-6 waterings at 1/2 to 3/4 strength (PPMs). I started everything based on the directions, some of the amendments are for late blooming, some early, it's all detailed on their feeding chart or the bottles. Mixing is simple, 5mL/G, not bad, but your adding Hydro Zyme, G-10, Crystal Burst, Ultra Snow to the plants that are at the last month or 3 weeks, so I have to adjust the water PPM within safe limits. That's just a matter of the strength of the tea used. PH balanced and it's ready to use.

The Gravity system was noticeable within a month of starting the plants in flower on it. There was a clear increase in bud density, even those not getting a lot of shade. I have read articles about this where the use basically starts up another flowering cycle on top the normal one. This is what is responsible for the density. The bud size didn't seem to be affected too much by this, but yield was 15-220% more by weight. As plants that had been on the HO gravity system their lifetime started to finish I could see much clearer the improvement over bud size as well. Would have to say that yeild increaced about 1/3, which is nothing to shake a stick at, I may be able to get that kind of improvement with multiple upgrades to the system's gear and get a similar increase, nothing like this from a bottle that I have tried.

I also forgot to mention that while I was extending the flowering cycle, I went ahead and started using Overdrive, which seems to maintain the vigor you want through that last 2 weeks of flowering and this does it, seems. All else being equal.

I have pics to compare, but I'm not wasting time with those, the nugs now are much better, but require more flushing that I used to do with just organic ingredients, but it's worth it.

Haven't had a strain in flower that could take advantage of the purple maxx and I haven't grown anything purple other than that achieved from temp manipulation. I have some in the works and will test it out on most and leave some untreated to see if there is some utility with this solution. Again, this is one of the expensive ones, so I will be looking to knock it off once it's gone, but it will get a fair shake to perform when ready.

The Gravity system is not a nutrient and to take full advantage of it you have to give the plants plenty of it. You will be able to give a much stronger solution without tip burn, but that is still your yard stick when trying to find a good balance. I would say to use whatever NPK sources you prefer, the gravity system is compatible with any other apparently. Nothing I have read seems detrimental to organic teas, in fact, a lot of it smells organic. Their Base A and B is full of salts, not recommended, their tree oil or nutrient is very good, just need to get a list of ingredients to use in conjunction with other veg nutes, like micro and grow. Their 3 part nutrient solution to be used throughout the plants life just uses different ratios of the A and B and golden tree I think it's call. Would imagine that using a 1 part grow at 1/2 strength and this golden tree may work well. The golden tree is the real deal. has very low mixing ratios until you get to last 3 weeks, where it jumps to 9-14 mL/g. I will never get the A and B, in fact I will use them in my hydro setup, with a micro. That's where is use all the stuff I am not using anymore. It's a grow system that I just keep for the convenience and speed with which clones can be at full height. it's also a great too to cool down strains growth, just feed a minimum amount to keep the plants healthy, but that's all. Prolly give it a perk with a foliar spray prior to cloning. That way the air bubble isn't as much of a worry. Silica should be added as well to maintain strength so the cuttings stand up straight. Silica is a lifetime of nute to add, as long as the plant is growing silica is needed and helps prevent the main cola from being like a straw. With sime silica and pruning, you can create scar tissue that will make the branches and cola solid.

I will continue to use the Gravity system until I can make all the documented yield increases explain away and figure out exactly what is making the nugs more demse other than these products.
hey bud you still around ? i have some questions about your teas:)

Leew421

Leew421

I switched to the blue planet line and haven't looked back. I used Humboldt's after it out did the AN line

Top Bottom