Crystal Candy & Dark Devel Autos By Edinburgh

• Thread starter Edinburgh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Allways a good day, now fast buds is deliberately not marking there free seeds I'm not complaining but I want to know what I'm growing, oh well it will go into a vial I have with a bunch of unknown autoflowers mostly free bees, maybe someday if I'm desperate , but I got the last pack of jack so I'm happy!!

20190410 111225
Reactions: Ina
Leew421

Leew421

It's small because it got stunted. Autos are tricky. I would say the pot size is too big.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

You may be right but the plant is in perfect health, does not seem bound, and I have grown autos in that pot size 99% of the time, ph fine, no fade, no nothing, allot of flower but it does seem stunted, that's why I usually do not grow unknown strains if I can possibly help it, I research a strain before i grow it, that way i will have an idea of how tall the strain grows, likes, dislikes ect, in this case I could not do this, but again plant does seem stunted, my dew point has been good and consistent, no wild temp fluctuations, plus fast buds is not marking the strain, it says fast buds autoflower tester, well I tested it and it's a great dwarf lol

1554919385507 1430965249
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I do have to say that the plant did do something I never saw an autoflower do and that was totally change the smell, the little thing has allways been a stinker, but well into the grow the plant smelled like pine sol, then the smell totally changed to dank no more pine, I was growing these 2 dwarfs with this plant and they were fine, see pics, the crystal candy was a free seed and she is doing great, so I just don't know.

20190201 063336
20190209 081400
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Day 24, crystal candy is in her growth spurt growing a set of leaves a day, an aggressive plant that so far is giving no trouble and a free seed to boot, nothing much to show on the devel yet, i luv dark devel a fairly large auto, that has a smell i never smelled and cant really describe, now that my jack 47 has arrived I stocked up on medium and pearlite and just ordered a bag of clay, while researching the strain it seems there are 3 phenotypes, a tall sativa dom plant, a shorter sativa dom plant more of an even pheno, and a somewhat squat indica dom pheno, crystal candy is showing a nice amount of pistols, so I guess my hands will be full for awhile.

20190411 162724
20190411 162703
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

PLANT is now 30 days old, she spent her growth spurt and has slowed considerably, plant is 50 centimeters tall, in flower, decent branches and tops, some side branches, going to try and get as much as possible before I add bloom, was a very aggressive plant from the start, hopefully it will fill out some.

20190416 080130
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

PLANT is now 45 days old and doing good, some nice bud site's and flower structure, plant topped at 3ft, very aggressive in veg mode, now will just bulk her up, smell is dank with a hint of pepper or spice, not bad for a free seed, something is wrong with d devel seeds pop 6inc and stopped rare for sweet, so I now planted 2 blueberry kush, 2 sour kush, and gorrila glue #4.

20190430 185619
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Ok some of you are going to say I'm high, or planted my seeds while high, while I am high now I do not make my mix or plant my seeds high... that said i had 4 beans, 2 blueberry kush and 2 sour kush, I planted the 4 seeds Sunday and now have 4 nice little seedlings, 4 seeds, 4 pots, 4 seedlings wow I'm bating 1000! Now here is the thing one of my seedlings did not pop in the middle of the pot, that's one reason I don't sow seeds while high these are autoflowers and I put them in the pot I intend to grow in and want them dead center, anyway I'm giveing my seedlings there first proper watering and there is another plant starting to grow next to that seedling WTF dead center in the pot! See pic, these seeds are from growers choice and were a gift I never used them but I don't turn down free seeds and I wanted to see if they are legitimate, a twin, a genetic f up? Should I kill it? Anyone see this before? Any advice?

20190501 072232
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Here we go, will chop soon, burned my leaf tips, plant is easy to grow, takes pruneing fine, but is super touchy as far as nutrients go went easy and burned her but did not fry it at least, pistols are going over a bit of amber, have been giveing water only, not a super high yield plant but what I got is good, would definitely grow again but it was a free seed and that strain has never been for sale, so now we're doing 2 blueberry kush, 2 sour kush, and gorrila glue #4, by growers choice, I want to see if there legitimate, all seeds germanated and popped, the kush is 1 week old, the gorrila 3 days, nothing to see yet. Sec pic on the crystal are 1 of my branch tops note the crystal trichome but it's not showing the yellow pistols. I'm a terrible photographer lol.

20190501 111503
1557008429984 2048828539
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

No it's the tint on my camera or the flash or something, most of the pistols have turned. This is a bit better. But I still need a week.

20190505 065301
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Ok weekly check in, my plants are mixed up, so I'm not shure with ones are sour and witch ones are blueberry, that said seedlings were popping high was able to train 3 to stand on there own the 4th plants leaves got tangled in the tabs and is probably bunk as it is not stretching I kicked that plant to the corner of my tent I don't kill plants, the gorrila I planted in a much bigger pot and it's 3 days younger so there is not much to see yet, growers choice seeds pop high I planted seeds 1 quarter centimeter deeper than usual and still got high pops, note plants are at different growth stages this tells me the plants are not to stable, slow steady growth then a nice spurt is what you want in a decent autoflower but who knows? Seedlings are 13 days old by the time there 30 days old I'll know if there any good, all seeds are growers choice, and I'm seeing if there legitimate at $10+ per bean I'm paying more than sweet and about the same as methesto witch I would rather be growing, they do not give you a free seed with your order just loyalty points on future buys so at $10+ per seed I'm all ready out one seedling and I germanated them my way all seeds germanated in 24 hours but if they pop high and don't stretch I'm out a seedling with nothing to replace it with, most times I would not bitch if a seedling is messed up beacuse you usually get a free seed in case this happens not from gc. Ill know more in a week around 21 days they go in a growth spurt were a good autoflower will grow a set of leaves a day, well we will see , chopped crystal candy yesterday, all the pistols tured in a day and my trichome is 50% amber, an easy indica dom plant to grow, takes pruneing fine, not a high yield autoflower but what I did get I can tell is very high test, dank with notes of pepper and spice buds are coated in crystal trichome, only thing is this plant is very touchy when it comes to nutrients and is easy to burn in f lower. First 3 pics are either 2 blueberry kush and 1 sour kush, or 2 sour kush and 1 blueberry kush, last 2 pics are crystal candy flower before I chopped.

20190511 074825
20190511 074736
20190511 074736
1557578051630 1577040200
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

A few pics of flower from crystal candy before i chopped. So thats done, got a pac of replacement seeds for that dark devel, the first batch was fine, this is the first problem i ever had with sweet. Hopefully these are as good as the first batch, a very cool auto with black leaves and red flower with a smell i never smelled and cant really describe.

20190512 093012
20190512 092549
20190512 092924
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I'm not likening what I'm seeing so far, the pic is a seedling at day 15 no way is this going to work, the other one is better but so small may not be worth my time, the other 2 are doing a bit better but they do have some genetic deformities and are growing at much different rates, no consistency, the gorrila is in a much bigger pot so it is much further behind, at $10+ a seed this is not working out to well but who knows? Anyway that's 1 down and I can't complain beacuse it did germanate, sun all my small kush plants will be 21 days old the gorrila 15 days, I'll post pics then.

20190515 090651
Phylex

Phylex

I'm not likening what I'm seeing so far, the pic is a seedling at day 15 no way is this going to work, the other one is better but so small may not be worth my time, the other 2 are doing a bit better but they do have some genetic deformities and are growing at much different rates, no consistency, the gorrila is in a much bigger pot so it is much further behind, at $10+ a seed this is not working out to well but who knows? Anyway that's 1 down and I can't complain beacuse it did germanate, sun all my small kush plants will be 21 days old the gorrila 15 days, I'll post pics then.

What's wrong with it? It looks fine to me. I had a runt in my current grow. It stayed well behind the others for the first 4-6 weeks. I hung in there with it, and now it has larger flowers than its sibling.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

It's 15 days old and is not stretching out and stacking on top of itself, the other one is small but stretching, the other 2 stretched across the pot and are growing branches, these are autoflowers not regular plants but I won't kill it I just don't think it's going to amount to anything.

Phylex

Phylex

It's 15 days old and is not stretching out and stacking on top of itself, the other one is small but stretching, the other 2 stretched across the pot and are growing branches, these are autoflowers not regular plants but I won't kill it I just don't think it's going to amount to anything.

Ah, I get it. So many threads sometimes I lose track. I didn't realize it was an auto. That's a different ballgame. I'm not familiar with growing those.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Yea with an autoflower by day 15 the seedling should be much bigger, it's leaves stretched across the pot and starting it's branches, around day 21 they should go into a growth spurt, after day 30 they slow down, what you want in an autoflower is nice steady growth, and a good spurt where you get a set of leaves a day, with good internodel spacing to keep pruneing at a minimum, 2 plants have stretched across there pots, there stems have hardened and there on there 5th sets of leaves, the gorrila is stretching and is on it's 3rd set of leaves but as stated is in a much bigger pot so it will take longer, all times are average but by day 30 you should see some flower if only a bit, the other plant is stretching but is tiny, I'm watering now so I'll snap a pic, plant should be much bigger I stuck my finger to show perspective, so as long as there growing and stretching I won't kill a plant you never know, but the other seedling is stuck and unstable sometimes autoflowers do this, I wanted to see if this co is legitimate, so 1 strain is doing ok and 1 strain is not these are kush plants, the gorrila I know is good beacuse I gave away 4 seeds and even though he burned the plant it went into flower but I did notice when he was growing the plant was slow I chalked that off to him being new but by day 30 I will know for shure what's good and what's not.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Time to cure but here are a couple pics of crystal candy final product, dense and compact probably got close to 1 oz of flower more than I thought may bee a bit less can't have scales, easy to grow, nice yield, plant is very touchy when it comes to nutrients, nice eye appeal, I would definitely do again but it is very hard to find sweet seeds in the US, and co like original or attitude open the breeders pacs, so it was a one time free seed, but I do have big devel xxx and replaced dark devel and jack47, I should be doing that but instead I'm messing around with growers choice, I must get my shit together.

20190515 181211
20190515 181240
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Here is one of 3 remaining kush plants, this is what you want to see in an autoflower, the other one is the same strain but a bit behind ,the 3rd one is tiny, and the 4th was bunk, gorrila is growing very slowly but stretching out, at day 18.

20190516 160045
20190516 160034
Top Bottom