• Thread starter Nspecta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
There will be no males from nspectas work :/

I know all the generally accepted "rules" from the web. But I was reading an article the other day talking about hemp carries both the X and Y chromosome and that even when feminizing there is still an 11% chance to get males out of femized stock. I thought that was interesting because a few of us have seemed what appeared to be males coming from feminized beans. Are you familiar with what I'm talking about? I think it is an interesting topic for debate and info gathering.

Loompa

Green Dot

Green Dot

I know all the generally accepted "rules" from the web. But I was reading an article the other day talking about hemp carries both the X and Y chromosome and that even when feminizing there is still an 11% chance to get males out of femized stock. I thought that was interesting because a few of us have seemed what appeared to be males coming from feminized beans. Are you familiar with what I'm talking about? I think it is an interesting topic for debate and info gathering.

Loompa
Though I have never personally seen males from an s1 line, I have heard they do show up from time to time...

Has anyone ever reversed a pool of males to see how they would stack as females before breeding?

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder

Loompa

Loompa
discussion in session, come on over @loompa https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/males-from-s1-seeds.47055/

B

blaze 1

Though I have never personally seen males from an s1 line, I have heard they do show up from time to time...

Has anyone ever reversed a pool of males to see how they would stack as females before breeding?
hey GDL ask tha docta about that i remember him saying something a lil while back

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
I've reversed a few males to see what female characteristics they hold. I find it very helpful when looking for specific traits your wanting to pass on to the progeny.

Drops gonna be nice @Nspecta . I have a feeling Those BubbaXSour Diesel are going to have some very special magic in em!

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Loompa
I've grown a male from ograskals WiFi people were pissed or in disbelief I said one of two things happen I got a special pack of regs or femd seeds have potential of growing male....I think it's a hermy with a hormonal embalance that shut the female off I know there's a hormone that shuts male hormones off Utlra by Bloom......so is it that surprising that the plant can also shut this hormone downm....just loud thoughts that seem relevent to share

urban1026835

urban1026835

I rather buy beans because of the males.

And add me to the list of addicts.

I am going to buy some bean in about
30 min I need some help.

If your chick does not like you buying
Beans tell her she doesn't need all those
Shoes and purses in the closet.
Plus my answer is always at least my cannapurchases get used and generate something, her stuff just sits there and takes space!

T

TIME2UNITE

I haven't seen any males after growing thousands of Feminized seeds, I have friends and family that have nearly grown as many as I have and they haven't seen any males either. I will believe it when I personally see it and know where the beans and pollen came from. All it takes is one misplaced bean or some stray pollen to create a male in Feminized seeds.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I haven't seen any males after growing thousands of Feminized seeds, I have friends and family that have nearly grown as many as I have and they haven't seen any males either. I will believe it when I personally see it and know where the beans and pollen came from. All it takes is one misplaced bean or some stray pollen to create a male in Feminized seeds.
Stray pollen I am guessing is the culprit in my case.......I considered that special but it's so hard for me to grow out males all the way I cull em quick

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter

Loompa
Loompa, I don't get it all the time but I did find a 8 male in about 100 seeds of feminized stock.. Close
To 11%...interesting? It was interesting, thought about keeping then culled

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
Loompa, I don't get it all the time but I did find a 8 male in about 100 seeds of feminized stock.. Close
To 11%...interesting? It was interesting, thought about keeping then culled

Let me dig around for the exact paper I was reading. But in essence it was saying after millions of years of evolving, cannabis developed a "back-up" system over millions of years. And while it is not dominant and does sit dormant, the possibility exists that those dormant genes could activate and throw a y chromosome. I guess the best most simple illustration would be Jurassic Park. Though Im using the analogy VERY LOSELY, the concept is the same. And definately dont qoute me...LOL, I am no master geneticist, but let me track down the actual paper. And no, Im not here to prove anything...just throwing out more data to be meditated on and thought over.

Top Bottom