CSI-Humboldt "Three Queens" grow...........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

My first step away from Ethos Genetics in over 2 years.........it was time for a change as I've been somewhat unhappy with their stuff- it's been kind of hit or miss, with more misses lately. So Three Queens is a hybrid of White Fire #43 X Bubba Kush. I want to do a couple of indica grows in a row now, and after much research I came upon this strain after reading some wonderful grow threads in numerous places. Problem was, finding the seeds! And it wasn't easy. It appears this was a 2017 strain, and everyone was out of them. EXCEPT, one little boutique re-seller name Hella Dank Seed Company out of Nevada. They had 3 packs left, probably the only 3 packs left anywhere. I checked over 15 seedbanks that I could find CSI Humbolt at. No one else had even 1 pack left.

Biggest issue though, was 3 packs X 6 seeds =18 plants and I need 24 to fill the room. So I ended up buying a pack of Ethos 10th Planet R1, a hybrid of Planet of the Grapes X Quattro Kush. Another indica leaning strain. It was a 10 pack, instead of the normal 6 Ethos typical of Ethos fem's. I soon found out why- 6 of the 10 packs became mutants when sprouted. This was kind of the last straw with Ethos......another disappointment. I then had to find more seeds to finish the room out- another CSI Humbolt strain called "The Fuck Up".......more on these later on.

So I'm 18 days into veg, the Bubba is showing with short plants and wide leaves. I may have to veg these a bit longer than 28 days, my normal time to give them a chance to grow a bit taller to help the overall yield. Pic's up later tonight......

Last edited by a moderator:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
My first step away from Ethos Genetics in over 2 years.........it was time for a change as I've been somewhat unhappy with their stuff- it's been kind of hit or miss, with more misses lately. So Three Queens is a hybrid of White Fire #43 X Bubba Kush. I want to do a couple of indica grows in a row now, and after much research I came upon this strain after reading some wonderful grow threads in numerous places. Problem was, finding the seeds! And it wasn't easy. It appears this was a 2017 strain, and everyone was out of them. EXCEPT, one little boutique re-seller name Hella Dank Seed Company out of Nevada. They had 3 packs left, probably the only 3 packs left anywhere. I checked over 15 seedbanks that I could find CSI at. No one else had even 1 pack left.

Biggest issue though, was 3 packs X 6 seeds =18 plants and I need 24 to fill the room. So I ended up buying a pack of Ethos 10th Planet R1, a hybrid of Planet of the Grapes X Quattro Kush. Another indica leaning strain. It was a 10 pack, instead of the normal 6 Ethos typical of Ethos fem's. I soon found out why- 6 of the 10 packs became mutants when sprouted. This was kind of the last straw with Ethos......another disappointment. I then had to find more seeds to finish the room out- another CSI strain called "The Fuck Up".......more on these later on.

So I'm 18 days into veg, the Bubba is showing with short plants and wide leaves. I may have to veg these a bit longer than 28 days, my normal time to give them a chance to grow a bit taller to help the overall yield. Pic's up later tonight......
the nspecta has solid gear. Never been unhappy with any of his crosses. My avatar pic is his cornbread bubba. Was the "tower of power" pheno. Been running his gear goin on 5 years. No complaints.....................

sshz

sshz

Pic's huh.......back row, 4 plants are the Ethos 10th Planet. 2 baby plants to the front left are the CSI "The Fuck Up"......everything else is Three Queens. 18 days since seeds popped out of the soil. They should take off from here........there's a slight Cal/Mag deficiency going on, that's why there's some "crinkling" going on, but I've upped the C/M and they should recover properly in just a few days.

IMG 0937

sshz

sshz

Day 23, these just might be ready to flower by Friday (4 weeks)......... or maybe not. Still pumping in the Cal/Mag and raised the fertilizer ppm up quite a bit. Also I'm giving them a weekly spray of PureCrop1 again. This stuff involves nano-technology and it appears to stimulate the plants natural defenses. Plants seem to like it too.

IMG 0939

Evr1sFavKush

Evr1sFavKush

Ethos homie sucks.

CSI has 7 packs available on his website. And they come with 7 seeds...

Did you actually count 6 seeds? You sure you didn’t get a phony pack?

With that said: this is a pack I’ve had my eyes on for a minute. Bubba and WiFi lol. How can you lose?

sshz

sshz

I stand corrected. It was 7 seeds a pack, I got them thru Hella Dank Seed Co out of Nevada. So 5 of those seeds either didn't pop or were very slow to grow out initially and fell behind. They were breeder packs, I have full confidence on that. I expected to lose a few of those since they are older seeds, from 2017 I believe. I'm still trying to get a hold on the Cal/Mag deficiency, as I use R.O. water and just didn't have it high enough the first few weeks- I'm up to 15ml per gallon for 2 more waterings, then it should be corrected. Bubba is known to be a high Cal/Mag user, I forgot about it as I've grown numerous Bubba things in the past. Also quite slow growing in veg.

Yup, very disappointed with Ethos at this point. I probably have more posted grows of their stuff than anyone else on the net, most come up first in a Google search. But I'm done with them. I started with their Citral Glue, which was very good........and then hit or miss from then on. Weight is almost always very high, potency is almost always sub-par. Not even mentioning the hermies, which is prevalent in many of their strains too.

TerriR

TerriR

I stand corrected. It was 7 seeds a pack, I got them thru Hella Dank Seed Co out of Nevada. So 5 of those seeds either didn't pop or were very slow to grow out initially and fell behind. They were breeder packs, I have full confidence on that. I expected to lose a few of those since they are older seeds, from 2017 I believe. I'm still trying to get a hold on the Cal/Mag deficiency, as I use R.O. water and just didn't have it high enough the first few weeks- I'm up to 15ml per gallon for 2 more waterings, then it should be corrected. Bubba is known to be a high Cal/Mag user, I forgot about it as I've grown numerous Bubba things in the past. Also quite slow growing in veg.

Yup, very disappointed with Ethos at this point. I probably have more posted grows of their stuff than anyone else on the net, most come up first in a Google search. But I'm done with them. I started with their Citral Glue, which was very good........and then hit or miss from then on. Weight is almost always very high, potency is almost always sub-par. Not even mentioning the hermies, which is prevalent in many of their strains too.
Good info, sshz...this is why we are here! friends don’t let friends settle for subpar product! 😬

sshz

sshz

A pic at day 25 in veg.........I've spent a lot of time in the room recently. I've added new bulbs, moved all the plants around to even the room some and the Cal/Mag issue is improving with all new growth doing great and the older growth slowly improving. I'll probably wait til the weekend to start flowering, giving some of the shorter bubba plants a chance to grow a bit more. The 4 Ethos "10th Planet" plants in the back row will grow taller than the rest of the room, so I'm going to pinch and stake them tonight so they don't get unmanageable.

IMG 0970

sshz

sshz

I also wanted to mention my PureCrop1 applications. I apply in the 3rd and 4th weeks of veg and the 1st week of flowering. Here's the company's description:

"PureCrop1 is a natural plant based biostimulant, insecticide and fungicide made of food grade oils with a zero OSHA rating. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is not required and PureCrop1 is safe to use at home around children and pets".

For me, it seems to stimulate the plants own defense, and increases the ability to withstand mites and other critters. I use it at 1 oz. per gallon, on the low end of recommended rates, and only spray when the room is cool, lights out and are given a long period to dry completely. Plants have shown no reaction to the spray and they actually seem healthier in a day or two after the spray.

I haven't had to spray the room with anything else since using it. And I'd say the only negative is it's not cheap, but it does last a good long time. I use about 1/2 gallon to spray down the room, and plants up and down.

sshz

sshz

Sorry, not a 1/2 gallon of PureCrop 1 but a 1/2 gallon of water/PC1 mix to do 22-24 plants at a time.

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

My first step away from Ethos Genetics in over 2 years.........it was time for a change as I've been somewhat unhappy with their stuff- it's been kind of hit or miss, with more misses lately. So Three Queens is a hybrid of White Fire #43 X Bubba Kush. I want to do a couple of indica grows in a row now, and after much research I came upon this strain after reading some wonderful grow threads in numerous places. Problem was, finding the seeds! And it wasn't easy. It appears this was a 2017 strain, and everyone was out of them. EXCEPT, one little boutique re-seller name Hella Dank Seed Company out of Nevada. They had 3 packs left, probably the only 3 packs left anywhere. I checked over 15 seedbanks that I could find CSI at. No one else had even 1 pack left.

Biggest issue though, was 3 packs X 6 seeds =18 plants and I need 24 to fill the room. So I ended up buying a pack of Ethos 10th Planet R1, a hybrid of Planet of the Grapes X Quattro Kush. Another indica leaning strain. It was a 10 pack, instead of the normal 6 Ethos typical of Ethos fem's. I soon found out why- 6 of the 10 packs became mutants when sprouted. This was kind of the last straw with Ethos......another disappointment. I then had to find more seeds to finish the room out- another CSI strain called "The Fuck Up".......more on these later on.

I’ve had the same results with Ethos. Popped a bunch of packs with only one or two keepers.
Currently have an ethos glue going, one of six that made it and still has some weird mutant growths.
Had high hopes with Ethos but have had much more success with other breeders.
Nice assessment sshz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom