CSI-Humboldt "Three Queens" grow...........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

I'm thinking Saturday will be my first wave of chopping, primarily the Three Queens- maybe 4 or 5 of them. I looked today, everything is cloudy but no amber. I'm figuring in 5 days I'll see some. I have some Botanicare Clearex, which I'll start flushing those 4-5 plants with on Wed or Thurs. Here's the lowdown:

Pre-Harvest Treatment (Soil or Soilless)
Discontinue fertilizer regime 2 – 3 days before harvest. Use 1 to 2 tablespoons (15 – 30 ml) of Clearex per gallon of water. Water as needed.

Removing these plants should enable me to get around the room a bit better so I can see what's going on in the back row with the Ethos 10th Planet's. No matter what happens, everything has to be out of the room by the following Saturday (8/17). Stuff looks great, very high resin content- which I would expect from a WiFi hybrid. Stinky too.
I've been reading some great smoke reviews on this lately, too.

Yield is going to be very questionable- at this point I'm hoping for 3 lbs but not sure I'll get it. Next crop will be the same weight wise- another Bubba hybrid with CherryAlien Dog. I'll pinch some the next time to increase bud sites. But yield will be just average. I may have to open another room with something else to meet demand if this keeps up.

sshz

sshz

I found 5 plants tonight that are dead ready to go so I ran 2 gallons of a mix of plain water and Clearex thru them and made a mark on them so I know which ones I flushed. There may be more ready to go, but I can't reach them just yet. I'm figuring Friday/Saturday at the latest for these. Bought new bulbs and starters for the Big Blue Ozone generator- they only last a year or so, it was time for a change. Cost me $172 delivered- not cheap for three 17 inch UV-C bulbs. Could take 2 weeks cause most people don't stock them.

Buds are rock solid, but yield is worrisome. Smell is definitely an issue- not a lightweight. Maybe a 9/10. The Big Blue is totally ineffective at this point. The 4 "10th Planet" plants appear to be ready or near ready too. Ethos reports it as an 8-9 week strain, I usually go to 70 days. I put these in the back row thinking these were the longest flowering- I was definitely wrong about that as the Humboldt Snow won that easily. I'm thinking 11-12 weeks on those.

On and off chopping will start this Friday which will go on for 7-10 more days. I have to watch for mold where I'm drying (basement) when the A/C runs so I'll close the vents and add fans and a warm heater to raise temps and circulation. Not necessarily looking forward to all the upcoming work and cleaning,

sshz

sshz

Starting to chop 6-7 plants on Saturday, maybe more on Sunday. It's rare that I have some plants this far along- dead done at this point. Really looking forward to smoking some of the scissor hash I generate tomorrow. I'll post some bud pic's in the afternoon on Saturday.

sshz

sshz

My last post until everything is dried, weighed and smoked. The Ethos 10th Planet seems to be the nicest of the 3 strains, appearance and weight wise at this point. Thos 4 plants have been cut and are drying, as they were super done, almost overly done if that's possible. The 2 Humboldt Snow plants have been moved to another room under a 600 watt HPS- they are about 2-3 weeks from being totally finished. 5 of the 16 Three Queens are cut and drying, 2-3 more tomorrow will be chopped and I'll probably wait til Saturday, 10 weeks, to cut the rest. Below is a pic of the 3 Queens, about to be cut on Monday.

IMG 1099

krooked

krooked

My last post until everything is dried, weighed and smoked. The Ethos 10th Planet seems to be the nicest of the 3 strains, appearance and weight wise at this point. Thos 4 plants have been cut and are drying, as they were super done, almost overly done if that's possible. The 2 Humboldt Snow plants have been moved to another room under a 600 watt HPS- they are about 2-3 weeks from being totally finished. 5 of the 16 Three Queens are cut and drying, 2-3 more tomorrow will be chopped and I'll probably wait til Saturday, 10 weeks, to cut the rest. Below is a pic of the 3 Queens, about to be cut on Monday.

View attachment 887334

Beautiful buds man! I'm planning on growing Three Queens next with Cornbread, your log has been very informative.

Just curious, how is your "Big Fuck Up" looking?
I have one growing outside but is just barely starting to flower, I'm assuming its the SourD cross but then again I've never grown Hash plant so not too sure.

sshz

sshz

Well, it's Humboldt Snow X (either Hash Plant or Sour D)- and you won't know which one til you flower it. I grew 2 and they are so far behind everything else, I moved them to another room. You should figure at least 11-12 weeks weeks to finish, outside you could be looking at Oct or Nov, depending on where you live. I'm pretty sure both mine had the Sour D in there, as they were taller and add in the long flowering- the Hash Plant should make for a shorter flowering period. They smell great, are very sticky and are large heavy yielders with monster cola's, the best in the room by far. I'll definitely report back with a smoke report in 3 weeks or so........

Skidmarx

Skidmarx

Damn its gone fast! Been enjoying a Trifi cross lately so WiFi x Bubba K is sounding very very appealing. Glad the 10th planet worked out well for you , a nice way to sign off of ethos gear. Your 10" ozone is ineffective with the smell. J.H. Christ! Hat's off to you S!

sshz

sshz

Hey Skid, how u doing buddy..........

So I smoke some of the WiFi X Bubba yesterday after waking up with a migraine. I will preface it by saying my preference is a S/I hybrid, something that leans to the Sativa side. Well, this is 100% Indica, and it smoked just like it. In less than an hour, early afternoon, I was forced to take a quick nap as I couldn't keep my eyes open. I swear, 8 hours later I was still feeling it. Didn't help with the migraine either. Just not an enjoyable and functional buzz. Yield from that group of plants sucked too- maybe 8 oz from 6 plants. The other 10 I'm cutting on Saturday will yield much better. So, my first CSI-Humboldt grow put out a very strong smoke, below average overall yield, super fuckin stinky from the 2nd week of flowering and very manageable plants. Although it didn't help with the headache, I can see this as a valuable tool for sleeping, relaxing, chilling, stimulating your appetite but most definitely a late night smoke.

sshz

sshz

Well, everything is chopped now except the Big Fuck Up.............more than please with the last 10 plants of Three Queens- nice size cola's, solid and covered in resin. Probably got 23-25 oz of the last 10 plants- a far cry form the 1st six plants cut last week which yielded around 8 oz.. Room was emptied today, cleaned, sprayed and a bug bomb was set off just in case. If I'm up to it, I'll mix the dirt for the next 24 plants which can be challenging in the 90+ degree weather tomorrow. I'm still figuring around 2 more weeks for The Big Fuck Up- 12 weeks flowering although 1 plant is a bit faster than the other.

Next up for me is 28 (then down to 24 total) plants of Obsoul33t's Wifi #43 X AlienDog Cherry......... an above average yielder, my plan is to top these a bit to create more bud sites and take the veg period to almost 5 week- as long as they don't get too tall by then. Figuring 70 day for flowering, although I believe some will be done before that. Don't know much about them otherwise, except it's mostly indica and well reviewed. At almost $150 a pack, it's the most I've spent for seeds since some of Dr. greenThumb's stuff.

Skidmarx

Skidmarx

I tried to keep a 3 strain diary on growdiaries the finishing variations made it a major pain so well done & thanks for following through on this one.

That obsoul33t strain looks A+ when I read Obs I thought damn...you're splashing out. And looking at it's lineage your taking a proper sabbatical from sativas.

sshz

sshz

I miss the yields of the Ethos sativa's (or hybrids)......... these indicas are creating issues as I don't have leftovers for my gummies or the ability to see people more than once......I'm considering opening another room again but the wife is really giving me a hard time.

Growing multiple strains at a time on a large scale is such a pain in the ass....add in the different pheno's per strain, you could be looking at like 9 different varieties to contend with ........it makes it hard to dial things in for sure.

Some pic's up tomorrow..........

sshz

sshz

Things are still drying but as of today with 1-2 weeks drying:

Three Queens has 47 oz off of 16 plants- I expect this to fall another 2-3 oz when dried.

Ethos 10th Planet gave me 8 oz off of 4 plants.

Three Queens surprised me in the end, 10th Planet disappointed me.

Final smoke reports and notes in a few days.

sshz

sshz

11 weeks flowering today for the Humboldt Snow.........they look great. Monster buds, solid plant yield, loads of resin........I suspect both plants are hybrids with the Diesel, not the Hash Plant. I would think the only sure way will be to smoke them, as I'd think the Diesel one would be more sativa like and the Hash Plant one would be more indica like. Definitely close to 4 oz per plant, even with placing them under a 600 watts the last few weeks. Not much smell on them though, don't know what to make of that. Many of the trichomes are still clear, but I'm not taking them past 12 weeks weeks, no matter what.........and super sticky resin, loaded and completely covered- it won't surprise a bit if these turn into the stars of the entire room. I think i even have 3 beans of this left for a future grow.

Skidmarx

Skidmarx

11 weeks flowering today for the Humboldt Snow.........they look great. Monster buds, solid plant yield, loads of resin........I suspect both plants are hybrids with the Diesel, not the Hash Plant. I would think the only sure way will be to smoke them, as I'd think the Diesel one would be more sativa like and the Hash Plant one would be more indica like. Definitely close to 4 oz per plant, even with placing them under a 600 watts the last few weeks. Not much smell on them though, don't know what to make of that. Many of the trichomes are still clear, but I'm not taking them past 12 weeks weeks, no matter what.........and super sticky resin, loaded and completely covered- it won't surprise a bit if these turn into the stars of the entire room. I think i even have 3 beans of this left for a future grow.
Don't worry,, I appreciate they are diff strains but my Trifi X 's buds was near petfect but smelled modest on on the branch and during cure. Now, (3 months) when I break grind n smoke a bud is fckn OGHandsome.

sshz

sshz

CSI-Humboldt's giveaway "The Big Fuck Up" just about done at day 80 in flowering.....not much smell, but very heavy weight and loads of resin.

IMG 1102
sshz

sshz

My finaL post in this thread with a quick review, final weights and a comment on quality of each.

1. CSI-Humboldt "Three Queens".....it's a 100% indica, not my cup of tea but people absolutely love it. Up and down the line, nothing but great comments. Final weight for the 16 plants averaged around 2 1/2 oz per plant. The early plants, yielded less than 1 1/2 oz., while the later plants did much better- up near 3 oz or so. Every has commented how stinky these are, especially when smoked. Expensive seeds at $148 a pack although they are from 2017 and I'm seeing some nice sales on them. Would I do them again- doubtful- but happy overall with it as are my people.

2. CSI-"The Big Fuck Up"........... I went 11 weeks with 1 of them and almost 12 weeks with the other. Both massive center cola's molded up, mainly cause the room they were in got chilly at nights when the lights were off. Even still, the 2 plants yielded over 6 oz. It would have been 8 oz total with the center colas in there, as they were massive. SeedsHereNow owed me a couple of packs of anything and I almost asked for these freebies instead. A nice hybrid, leans to the indica side a bit, but still enjoyable. The most impressive visually in the room. A pic will follow after this post.

3. Ethos "10th Planet"........... another so-so entry from Ethos. Weight was disappointing, i thought it would be more based on their description. These were early, done around 9 weeks and looked fine. I'm just wondering how Ethos stays in business with all these average offerings. No bad, not great- just OK and not much more. I got slightly over 6 oz from 4 plants, although these were on the outer part of the room and got less light than the other strains.

I am basically out in less than a week, people love a good indica. Especially because I've been concentrating on sativa hybrids mostly the last 2 years. Next up Obsoul33t "WiFi #43 X AlienDog Cherry"........I can't say I know much about it, but Obsoul gets great reviews up and down his seed line. I started 28 seeds, ended up with 22 plants a week into veg already. I took the two empty spaces and did 2 more "The Big Fuck Up" again, as I still own some seeds.

I probably won't be posting a grow this next crop, as it's football time and I'm active with a group of guys where we buy tout services together for the season and disperse the picks to everyone. I'm in charge, this will take up a lot of my time. But I'll be checking in regularly. A pic up soon..............

sshz

sshz

I'll get to the pic's of everything, I promise.................

Funk junky

Funk junky

Scrolled back through the last posts in reverse and just scanning, kept seeing the big fuck up and thought something gone wrong.
I got like a sense of empathy that I felt for ya like oh no what's happened shit what's happened.
Then the sun came out from behind the clouds and I realised it's a strain lol

sshz

sshz

It is a freebie that SeedshereNow gives out with CSI_Humboldt purchases..........well worth a grow if you can get some seeds. CSI reported pollen from 2 strains hit the room- a hash plant and a sour diesel- so he decided just to give them away as freebies rather than try and sell them that way.

krooked

krooked

It is a freebie that SeedshereNow gives out with CSI_Humboldt purchases..........well worth a grow if you can get some seeds. CSI reported pollen from 2 strains hit the room- a hash plant and a sour diesel- so he decided just to give them away as freebies rather than try and sell them that way.

Seedsherenow doesn't stock CSI unfortunately. Think you got them from HellaDankSeedCo? I remember seeing that in your first posts

I thought I saw something on instagram about a mishap during seed sorting? They weren't sure which seeds were which

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom