Cure Flower Enhancer

• Thread starter Thoth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Correct me if I am wrong please. Isn't the main ingredient in Terpinator "potassium sulphate"? ......So what they have done is taken a basic fert added some smell good foo foo juice and sell it under a fancy name and wallahhhha we have taken the same ingredient you are already using in your feeding program and sell it as a magic potion. At an inflated price. Am I missing something here???/

indicabush

indicabush

Abstracts on Cellobiose and Cannabis....

This is nothing new (sugar water and cannabis) was being used in the 70's for fudging weight.

nazarbattu

nazarbattu

Correct me if I am wrong please. Isn't the main ingredient in Terpinator "potassium sulphate"? ......So what they have done is taken a basic fert added some smell good foo foo juice and sell it under a fancy name and wallahhhha we have taken the same ingredient you are already using in your feeding program and sell it as a magic potion. At an inflated price. Am I missing something here???/
With all due respect, in my most humble experience, from the horses mouth and all that business,

There's plenty your missing, for instance:
1. The minimums have become the maximum.
A. When it comes to standards capitilism proves that the minimum is spent to meet the lowest standard= maximum profit.
a. OmRI stanards are shit, roots organics exceed their standard (fuck the label)
B. Labeling laws say s certain amounts of certain ingredients must be labeled if they exceed certain amounts
b. More bullshit bureaucracy
C. Sugar water is literally used to mask proprietary "secret ingredients"
c. Placebo bullshit
2. NPK labels are as useless as Advanced Nutrient "ph perfect" nutrient lines HA
A. Npk= instant availability straight from the bottle
a. More fucking industry "it's just business" , don't take it personal hehe

damn what were we talking about, I must be cannabinoided out or deficient....
Allbeback,
Naz

Prince Blanc

Prince Blanc

Friend of mine is bringing me a bottle from the UK. Its meant to be the bees knees for stopping some of white family strains from browning off and trikes from spoiling. Said the response has been super psyched on his end. I happen to know for a fact the peeps in that particular crowd don’t fuck around. Still, I’m skeptical myself. I’m going to trail when it eventually turns up. Will keep y’all posted with feedback fo sure!

0tt0

0tt0

Sounds like this is an actual physical barrier to protect terps. Certainly there will already be plenty of cellobiose fibre in the cell walls of trichomes , it’s a structural carbohydrate. This might work terrific on a microscopic level but IMO scaled up this is going to add mass and therefore the cellulose content of the bud will increase.

And I would expect there would be a threshold that is crossed when the benefits of extending terp lifespan is outweighed by so much extra weight. Does it say on the flyer anything about this??

metaray

metaray

Just the idea of using a hemp extract to preserve cannabinoids is pretty neat you have to admit.

That label says theres 66g net dry weight so that is the total cellulose fibre in the bottle I'm assuming. So if that were to go on like 600g of fresh nugs that would be 10% extra yield?

Id be more curious to see how it 'enhances trike and flower structure' and 'improves flower quality'. Like less breakage? Denser nugs?

Metaray

carBon.14

carBon.14

Not that I'm trying to out math you but if you add that bottle to 600g fresh, then that equates to 150g dry (guessing a fresh bud with be roughly 75% water), so for 10% increase in yield you'd need to add it to 2400g of fresh, or 600g dry, if I'm making sense. But it sounds to me like you wouldn't even need to use that much for it to work unless you're doin it for the weight gains

handsdown

handsdown

yous all jus speculating here until someone actually has done the tests this is one of those too good to be true hypes.

either case one thing for sure, the only maths here is regardless how much it goes onto that here lil bottles contents is worth abouts $600

I would be stock piling these samples and selling em on ebay

Plasma

Plasma

Seems to me that it's supposed to be used on fresh manicured buds before drying & curing, so that it protects your oils as early as possible I guess. So, make those calculations on the fresh buds, unless maybe someone tries spraying it on already dried product? Would that also work? Let us know how it goes...

ralphy

ralphy

I’ve trialled cure on a white rhino cross. I would’ve liked to try it on more strains but wasn’t possible this time round. I also didn’t think about weighing the nugs first so sorry I haven’t got any precise stats on the yield increase - seems lots of farmers here are interested in that lol! There's still most of bottle left and I have 11.1 oz of ready nugs that have been treated with cure.

I used a ratio at 7 parts water to 1 part cure which totalled a bit over a quart. I know this is very dilute but having no experience with the product I thought it seemed like a wiser place to start.

Remarks;
I think its going to be popular with commercial growers and probably connoisseurs esp if they buy into the marketing pitch about preserving terps. Probably it will preserve the minty citrus flavor of nugs, I’m willing to give them that.

Honestly I struggled to get my head around the weirdness of submerging nugs in a solution even if its just water and cellulose but in practice it was non problematic, so long as the excess is drained off. Don’t try this if you don’t have a warm dry air and a fan to dry the nugs out properly.

Basically I just used two large salad bowls, one for dunking the nugs under the solution and the other was under a salad strainer to collect what drained off. Eventually the fresh nugs had mopped up everything in the dunking bowl but after draining them in the strainer a lot of the solution had recollected. So not wanting to waste it I just kept repeating the process until the solution I'd made was all used up.

This meant I ended up treating way more material than I had originally intended to.

Now for the crazy part. Tastewise its essentially invisible and thats is why I think it’ll be popular. And it has no color also. But treated nugs smoked as normal without any detectable difference to smoothness or taste.

The cellulose seems to get completely absorbed into the nug too.

The other thing is it definitely makes nugs firmer and less crumbly which personally is the only reason I might ever consider using it if stops the pile of crumbs building up in the bottom of the jar.

I expect this stuff might be particularly well suited for fluffy loose structured MJ, esp outdoor, greenhouse or sativas, but I could be completely off base as I only tested it on indoor.

As for the terps preservation and whether nugs treated with it actually pack more punch after x no. of months vs nugs that haven’t been thats still something I really wanna know..

ralphy

ralphy

And they don’t specify minimum ratios to use. I’m guessing the more you use the better it would work for terps preservation but the more weight your nugs will gain from extra cellulose. Like otto said there will be a sweet spot and I’m sure it’ll be different for each strain. The ambiguity is probably a marketing strategy.

Plasma

Plasma

I’ve trialled cure on a white rhino cross. I would’ve liked to try it on more strains but wasn’t possible this time round. I also didn’t think about weighing the nugs first so sorry I haven’t got any precise stats on the yield increase - seems lots of farmers here are interested in that lol! There's still most of bottle left and I have 11.1 oz of ready nugs that have been treated with cure.

I used a ratio at 7 parts water to 1 part cure which totalled a bit over a quart. I know this is very dilute but having no experience with the product I thought it seemed like a wiser place to start.

Remarks;
I think its going to be popular with commercial growers and probably connoisseurs esp if they buy into the marketing pitch about preserving terps. Probably it will preserve the minty citrus flavor of nugs, I’m willing to give them that.

Honestly I struggled to get my head around the weirdness of submerging nugs in a solution even if its just water and cellulose but in practice it was non problematic, so long as the excess is drained off. Don’t try this if you don’t have a warm dry air and a fan to dry the nugs out properly.

Basically I just used two large salad bowls, one for dunking the nugs under the solution and the other was under a salad strainer to collect what drained off. Eventually the fresh nugs had mopped up everything in the dunking bowl but after draining them in the strainer a lot of the solution had recollected. So not wanting to waste it I just kept repeating the process until the solution I'd made was all used up.

This meant I ended up treating way more material than I had originally intended to.

Now for the crazy part. Tastewise its essentially invisible and thats is why I think it’ll be popular. And it has no color also. But treated nugs smoked as normal without any detectable difference to smoothness or taste.

The other thing is it definitely makes nugs firmer and less crumbly which personally is the only reason I might ever consider using it if stops the pile of crumbs building up in the bottom of the jar.

I expect this stuff might be particularly well suited for fluffy loose structured MJ, esp outdoor, greenhouse or sativas, but I could be completely off base as I only tested it on indoor.

As for the terps preservation and whether nugs treated with it actually pack more punch after x no. of months vs nugs that haven’t been thats still something I really wanna know..
Do u know how much is left in the bottle? If so then easy to work out what the yield increase was!

skoolz

skoolz

Remarks;

Have you got any pics?

ralphy

ralphy

Ok just measured it. There’s about 135ml remaining. Yeah will upload a pic over the wkd, no probs

Plasma

Plasma

Ok just measured it. There’s about 135ml remaining. Yeah will upload a pic over the wkd, no probs
Ok u got 135ml left so assuming there’s actually 200ml in the bottle to begin with then you used 65ml.

65ml/200ml = 32.5%. So 32.5% x 66g cellulose fibre thats supposed to be in that bottle = 21.45g cellulose that was absorbed by your buds.

11.1oz (315g) total yield - 21.45g cellulose = 293.55g

So 293.55g is what your yield WOULD have been, so 315g = an increase yield of 7.3%

palmate

palmate

7 percent.. very interesting..

Waiting to c ur results thoth dude

Mental

Mental

Excuse me. but where do you buy this shit and has anybody got any idea how much it is?

psilobuds

psilobuds

Got mates back in aussie that been it there already. sorry to disappoint - it aint cheap. something like $250 / L. that said they reckon theyr making their cash back 10 fold which is a ridiculeusly lucrative return on investment. I dunno where the fuck its being sold here but if its samples floatin about its likely the role out into stores will be soon.

Thoth mate def post your results , dead keen to see someone coin some proper fuckin science on it. If what the boys back home are sayin is anything to go by then youre in for a mitey surprise. Kinda like you wanna turn 30 into 40 with little to no compromise on the quality of your gear!!!!!. and I can hardly believe people are actually prefering what it does to their buds!!!??? wtf…

Maybe this oil preservation shit is gonna be all the rave soon ,it wouldnt surprise me. but surely most people growin those kinda quantities arent gonna give a flying fuck about that. If its what people want then they will do it. Plain n simple mate.

Top Bottom