Cure Your Medicine by DJ Short

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bisquick

Bisquick

I love this idea but this this fact

I like when it takes six to eight weeks from harvest to the finished product.

I cant be waiting another six to eight weeks when i chop, its taken me 5 months to get my first plant going lol

you know how everyone says patience is key when it comes to chopping down buds....>I think it's an even BIGGER deal with curing. I laughed at the thought of curing for 1-2 months until I started going it........

M

Magic beans

Back to the basics. Practicing the basics can improve your situation every time, seems like we should all know these things but some of us get lost working all the bugs out of the flower room and neglecting the moms, clones, veg and cure. Thanks for another reminder.:rasta2:

4214evr

instead of paperbag i sweat mine in black contracter bag and burp it for 10 days super crystals

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
Kid this is the first I've seen this post..nice...thanks for sharing it. DD

C

chranotik

Also you need to keep the room cold when drying, like 68-75, and the humidity at 40-50% ... doing it like this takes 1-2 weeks for them to dry properly. I just go straight from the drybox to jars though.

D

Dampkring

too bad people don't want to take the time for it anymore.
the taste and high is so much better when it's cured!
most people don't even understand cured weed.
if you show this in a shop people don't want it because they're only used to see fresh buds.

fractaLz

fractaLz

Aint that the truth Dampkring.... Well, since you're in the seat of power, you just gotta educate these fools! I know I'm not looking for "fresh buds"

D

Dampkring

well, in the seat of power! that's a little bit strong, but we will always give it our best.

F

forehead

lol..always cracks me up,man!..I wont touch it for atleast 2 weeks ..preferably 4-6 weeks or more...my buddy bangs it it not even dry..like 7-10 days.out the door..and thinks his shit is THE best!.:no .I love the guy..but FUCK THAT!..hahaha

I was in Dampkring about a year ago and had some nice mexi haze..and some very well cured NYCD for like 6 euro!..Best deals in the DAM can be found on the bottom of the Dampkring Menu.IMO..Classics.. or something like that was the heading?

A

allwet

I`ve been drying this way for years now and find it better
to err on the drier side rather than putting my buds away
too early.
Love DJ shorts genetics, and have grown most of them.
still have a blueberry mother plant after 15 years it is still
one of my all time favs.

K

KrazyDan

Amen to that

I`ve been drying this way for years now and find it better
to err on the drier side rather than putting my buds away
too early.
Love DJ shorts genetics, and have grown most of them.
still have a blueberry mother plant after 15 years it is still
one of my all time favs.

If your not on top of things you can get really bad mold and or the chlorophyll doesn't have time to go bye bye. I have had bad luck trying to save wet and good luck just throwing wetter small small pieces into the to dried out jars to balance it out... NOT! fully rehydrate as some people advocate...this I have found gets you grassy smelling shity coughy meds.......ahhh brings back memories of the long ago in the BD (before dispensary) time when I had to buy bags.....a few short months ago for me but whatever....It's nice to be here and getting more dialed in everyday :mysterymachine:
Jan04_002.jpg

saldiado

saldiado

I like every step as it is outlined here, but i have modified the paper bag stage alittle. instead of putting it in paper bags, i put in a jar and put that in paper bag leaving jar open folding the bag closed. im sure someone else does this, but was wondering what people thought of it as an intermediate stage...

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I love this article. I dug it out just to see it again. I had done this for about 5 years with great success. However, I recently read in High times magazine that it was best to completely trim and manicure the plant before hanging it to dry. Claiming buds are less harsh them ones trimmed after. I didn't really notice but stuck to it because it was nice to be done when they were dry. It does seem a little faster for me too. Of course the trim is less sticky when dry....so...I don't care really about time as much as quality. Seems like some folks disagree with this. I will try a side by side this time and see if i can tell for real. Either way I'm glad you put this up because it means a lot that you agree with it.

Top Bottom