curing nug the right way?

• Thread starter 303 DUB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.B

Dr.B

You use both? A exhaust pulling fresh air seems to be the most efficient? How big of fan you use? Is it set up on timers ?
Sorry, lol. Somehow I responded on the wrong thread. Didn't mean to distract you gents.

(I still burp jars, haven't automated the process. ;)

Dr.B

Dr.B

Sorry, lol. Somehow I responded on the wrong thread. Didn't mean to distract you gents.

Are we talking extraction and air supply or curing? I'm slow today it would seem... Late night.

I answered to the curing method mistakenly. (I'm really trying to not hijack or derail this thread...) In my flower tent I do have fans on the intake as well as the output. 400cfm adjustable speed on either end with a 100cfm booster on the exhaust line. I get a fair amount of filter resistance as I filter the intake as well. Three fans has proven to be effective for me.

Ok. I'm done jumbling up this thread. Many apologies

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter

It still applies. Pump fresh air in. The pressure builds up and forces old air out the top check valve. :)

Moshmen

Moshmen

Are we talking extraction and air supply or curing? I'm slow today it would seem... Late night.

I answered to the curing method mistakenly. (I'm really trying to not hijack or derail this thread...) In my flower tent I do have fans on the intake as well as the output. 400cfm adjustable speed on either end with a 100cfm booster on the exhaust line. I get a fair amount of filter resistance as I filter the intake as well. Three fans has proven to be effective for me.

Ok. I'm done jumbling up this thread. Many apologies
It’s all good, got me thinkin for sure

Smokecorleone415

Smokecorleone415

Hey dub,4 days is not enough time for the chlorophyll to break down and you need 10 days.i do whole plant hangs at 60 temp and 60 hum and aim for 2 weeks of drying,I cut the buds off the branches and into jars 3/4 of the way full and burn 3-4 times a day then introduce 62% integra packs after a week.i try to cure for 3 months but won’t setting for anything less than a month

Kevgr510

Kevgr510

4 days seems a little too short, unless you have very small wispy buds.
A slow dry 6-10 days buds still on stems/branches. most leaves trimmed off.
complete darkness with slight air flow ( but not directly on buds).
dry out bud feels crisp, but still spongy.
Then I cut them off stems into a plastic grocery bag.(resin will not stick or absorb into it).
with plastic bag open I place it into a large paper grocery bag and roll it down a little.
then I set it on floor in closet, I check it every 4-6 hours.
First opening...stick your nose in the bag and smell. you want fresh, earthy, floral, sweet...
if its kinda grassy its too wet yet take out and let it air dry more.
if its smells ok, give the buds a gentle stirring and roll er back up.
some strains will change the smell through this but still smell good, it allows for a better transition between drying and curing.
When you go to jars after hanging, and they are not dry enough... they can go to bunk real quick.
But if you use the double bagger way, your buds will have a slower drying time (allows more chlorophyll to be released)
after a few days then I jar and burp...works for me every time. :)
Gonna give this a try but at what point do you fully trim the buds?

Smokecorleone415

Smokecorleone415

Gonna give this a try but at what point do you fully trim the buds?

I remove any dead leaves and whole plant hang dry for 10-14 days at 60/60,when I get a clean break on the smaller branches I then cut the buds off and trim everything up and put into jars to cure for 1-3 months and at 3 months I move them into turkey bags with integra 62% packs.i have also wrapped all my curing jars in black duct tape to not allow any light in.i got a couple cure tube buckets coming in the mail and hopefully saves me space and have a build in meter😀

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

It's good for small amounts. Like one, maybe two plants.
1. Hang dry for 3-4 days.
2. Put the buds in a box with the lid open.
3. Put it in a frost free freezer.
Tada...

Don't load up a box packed up 10 inches deep or it'll take forever. 6 inches at the very most.

That's great and all but it's not curing.
I dont believe hurting or overstressing the plant increases potency.

This isn't a religious forum, facts is facts. Subjectivity and belief have no place in Cannabis. More flavor molecules is always better.

Take one plant next run and let it dry in its pot, see what happens.

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
I know. It's drying prior to the cure. Try a couple buds. You'll be impressed. The only time I've had better tasting weed was when it was dried outdoor, or whole plant drying indoor. Slow slow seems to be the ticket.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This isn't a religious forum, facts is facts. Subjectivity and belief have no place in Cannabis. More flavor molecules is always better.

Take one plant next run and let it dry in its pot, see what happens.
[/QUOTE]

But you never post facts. Just your unsubstantiated opinion.

There is no “cure”. We are only drying the flowers. And yea slower is better.

Jist0001

Jist0001

Thats the way. I honestly don't feel like I had any noticeable trich damage at all. A more discerning eye may find some boo boos but I am very happy with the final product!
A buddy and myself were just having this entire conversation as were drying a few atm ourselves and the humidity is insane where i am living this month even with ac and dehumidifier rocking full blast...how about a cedar lined room for drying?? Like paneling an entire room with cedar panels like a cigar room?? Anyone have any experience with this??

1badcell

1badcell

A buddy and myself were just having this entire conversation as were drying a few atm ourselves and the humidity is insane where i am living this month even with ac and dehumidifier rocking full blast...how about a cedar lined room for drying?? Like paneling an entire room with cedar panels like a cigar room?? Anyone have any experience with this??
Seems like it would work .If you want cedar flavor weed. How about cardboard box's poke the stock right in the side ( the box needs to be big enough so it mostly just hangs ) wait 5 to 10 days. Ready to jar or smoke depending on your patience level.

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
Seems like it would work .If you want cedar flavor weed. How about cardboard box's poke the stock right in the side ( the box needs to be big enough so it mostly just hangs ) wait 5 to 10 days. Ready to jar or smoke depending on your patience level.
Cardboard box method is awesome to dry, and you can stack them to the ceiling. But it still needs a cure.

Coltivtor

Coltivtor

Hang full plant in 60° 60% humidity 10 to 14 days trim bud, put it in a jar/tote and burp it a few times!!! I bet that will be y a best smoke you cured Eva

frebo

frebo

Have you heard about the cardboard shortage because everyone is ordering on line?

1badcell

1badcell

Cardboard box method is awesome to dry, and you can stack them to the ceiling. But it still needs a cure.
It kinda says jar or smoke
I have found in my limited experience that the longer in the jar 14 to 30 or more days brings aroma out the best.

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
It kinda says jar or smoke
I have found in my limited experience that the longer in the jar 14 to 30 or more days brings aroma out the best.
I used to cure for a couple weeks. I saw someone argue that 3-4 weeks was best. So I tested it. At 2 weeks, it was ok and what I had expected. At 3 weeks, it was much better and really got me exited. At 4 weeks, opening the jar hit me with the beautiful smell I was looking for. So 4 weeks it is for me. But that doesn't mean I won't smoke some early. lol

CF89

CF89

why only 4 weeks? is 5 or 6 or 52 too long? ive read that theres snobs out there that wont even smoke weed thats been cured for less than a year. does it just keep getting better? what do you do at 4 weeks? take them out of jars?

ive got a humidity meter (55% or so) and 58% boveda packs in my jars. I rotate and tumble the jars a little every 12 hours. do they still need to be burped with humidity packs?

Latest posts

Top Bottom