curing process....

• Thread starter G13seeker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

G13seeker

I helped grow outdoors this year wit my dad and a friend, and were in the process of curing, sweating it twice a day for 20-30mins, but some of the bigger spears aren't gettin as dry as the smaller stuff but it's not showing any signs of mold.. so i'm wondering if since there bigger spears there just taking longer or if i'm doing something wrong..

fractaLz

fractaLz

Sweating as in your opening jars up??

Bigger buds always take longer, simply more bud/stem/leaf to cure

R

Rolln J

bigger buds take longer - leave them OUT of the jars until the stems are snappy...

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

G13seeker, when you open jars to burp if any are damp empty that jar and let the bud dry before returning it to the jar. Sounds like you're keepin on top of it hope it smokes well. Peace

M

megayerbon

yo lo que ago es trocear las flores mas gradesen partes pequeñas antes de meterlas en los frascos para que no me pase eso que tu dices .
Saludos

S

sativablast

ya its better the buds are dry/ stems snap b4 yu jar em up

G

G13seeker

Dr. stickerdick, yea the bigger buds are looking great now. they really turned out great, that kush plant we didn't know what it was turned out amazing, it kinda has a blueberry smell and taste. but also i was wondering i was reading on here that some people leave on all the leafs until after it's fully dried and cured, is the only purpose of that to protect the buds and trichomes? or is there someother reason for that?

R

Rolln J

I think leaving fan leaves on til its dry actually damages buds/trichs - if you cut them off before they dry up and cover the buds it makes trimming much faster/easier and you can dont lose some of the bud in an effort to trim up your shit and give it bag appeal.

people leave the water leaves on because it helps the plant dry more slowly.

I just last week helped a guy trim his outdoor that all he did was cut and hang and man it was a bitch. As I was trimming I could see trichs literally falling off the plant.

when you dry your weed, dry it in a cool dark room with little air movement - but cut your water leaves off at least before you do. I personally trim my shit down all the way and hang it to dry. It still takes about 7 days before I think about cutting it off the stems. then I like to put it in a paper bag for a few days. Then I put it all in turkey roasting bags for half a day to make any moisture inside even its way out, if the buds seem damp back into the paper, if not into the jars. drying and curing is an art, like growing itself.

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
For my personal stuff I leave the little crystal coated leaf's wrap'n around the nugs ta protect them while in the jar and just do a qwick trim b4 cut'n bud up ta smoke. But if it's for sale then I trim all leaves off like Rollin J said b4 it's dry. Because the act of trim'n will
knock glands off if bud is dry. And you'll want to keep that crystal leaf for making hash lol. Peace

D

danko

my drying room must be to hot or something... if i wait till my stems can snap, my buds are so dry that they will almost literally turn to dust when squeezed and they weigh nothing! since then ive been very carefull not to let them go that long, but they are ready (the buds are a little crispy to the touch) in like 3 days! that cant be good huh?
what temp and RH is yo9ur guys' drying area?

lars

lars

Don't wait until the stem snaps to jar them up and begin the curing process. They should go into jars and into burping stage just before stems are snappin.

dequelo

dequelo

good point my friend once you get your bud too dry it can be a pain to get it back to just right

be safe and be well

Dequelo

G

G13seeker

rolln j- okay so i heard about this like electric shaver type device that trims up the all the fan leaves w/o damaging the buds/trichs have you heard of anything like this? cause doing a full manicure on a good size plant can be a bitch.. and yes i learned that the curing process either makes or breaks your bud.. but i did exactly what i was told and it turned out great..

R

Rolln J

if you go on youtube there are all kinds of electric trimmers - ones that look like something out of a machine shop to ones that look like a bbq grill...

I havent used one, a lot of the weed I have seen from them either looks like it still needs to be trimmed or the buds look like brussel sprouts.

Im a med grow, it dont take me long to harvest, cant see spending the dough. I dig the zen of sitting over a bucket.

G

G13seeker

Yea when we harvested this time we acutually trimmed them up right over sleds... so i have another question now... i have a friend who wants to start growing but he's more interested in the indoor grow than the outdoor... but he has a roommate who doesn't agree with bud and he hates the smell and is on it right away everytime we toke up in his house.. so my question is: is there ways to control the smell of the plant? so that the smell would be confined? cause i know that i could smell the plants i helped grow from a good distance aways and that was outdoors.

Top Bottom