Curious. Any help? Something wrong?

• Thread starter Terpeneluv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Hey all. Been a while...

Anyway, I had a freebie and just for fun I popped one for outside. Small, 3 gallon fabric pot. Mixed in the rest of my garden. I'm an indoor guy, and like I said this was just for fun but I noticed this which looks like mold.

Any ideas on what this is? Do I let it just go or should I cut that off? It's supposed to be some sort of purple strain so I'm not sure that that it would show purple this early so that leads me to believe there's something wrong

Any help will be appreciatedView attachment 1273892

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Crap. Didn't upload. Lemme try again.
20220823 185427

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

The rest looks lovely. Perfectly normal. It's just that one top. There's another one that looks like it might do it too, but so far just that.

Peace y'all

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Thanks Aqua Man! Been a while!

Dude, I learned SO much from you. My friends think I'm some kinda grow master haha! And it's partially because of you!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks Aqua Man! Been a while!

Dude, I learned SO much from you. My friends think I'm some kinda grow master haha! And it's partially because of you!
Good to see ya back brother… good shit and hope life been good to ya

PotsieSativa

PotsieSativa

It's trying to top itself, to redirect growth to roots. #1 cause is applying calmag, specifically in the form of CaMgCO3. Carbonates are the main antagonist of phloem activity. Potassium, Phosphorus, Boron, etc. Carbonates serve zero benefit to Cannabis. Carbonates are the #1 reason most organic pot (and pot grown with tap water) does not turn out like intended.

You have to add massive amounts of salts to counteract the antagonism of carbonates, which become bicarbonate in the ph range of most grows. The roots try to reach Boron, Phosphorus, etc but run into more carbonate. Blueberry farmers avoid this by growing under 5.5pH. Which would get you yelled at on internet forums. But I've tasted Blueberries grown above 5.5pH. They taste like dirt, rocks, mud. "Earthy", kind of like alot of knf jadam rols tlo smh "acronym organic" grows. I wonder if anyone has tried growing pot at a low ph..

Here is my strain with the perfect fertilizer, BUT with the additional "coots" recommended amount of Calcium carbonate added:
20220824 123912

Topping..

20220824 123803

Topping...

20220824 123256

Topped.

I did not add bugs or light or heat or disease or bad mojo to get this result. I only added calcium carbonate. The plants set outside turn purple over night instead of brown/black/yellow, due to further restricting Phosphorus at low temps. Flow of photosynthate should never stop. The "fade" commonly seen in internet grow communities is the result of halted flow of photosynthetic sugars

The control:
20220824 121937

Normal side branching. Did not top itself. Did not turn funny colors.

Restriction of translocation-related nutrients is the #1 cause of slow flowering onset, slow bud development, slow maturation, etc. Every time a pot grower stumbles upon a secret, like calcium thiosulfate or monosalylic acid, all they are doing is pushing back against the assimilation of carbonate. Most of todays ornamental Cannabis producers rely on the look of heavy CaCO3 in trichome structure, to appeal to the drop/hype/lcd/placebo/visual market. This is the #1 reason today's legally purchasd cannabis is largely ornamental in nature, lacking in actual real world value . Frosty chalk stalks, excess salts required in their presence and the natural neutralization of acidic compounds in the resin gland. I'm fairly certain that high quality Cannabis relies on silica, boron calcium and phosphorus for structure, not carbonate.

======================

A-quaman is a bug chaser. Obsessed with preventable diseases. No telling how many people have thrown their plants in the trash because of his disease obsession leaking into his internet consultant persona. Seems most cannabis growers want to grow sick plants just so they can talk about bugs and disease. I guess you got alot more subjugate peers to lean against that way?

Forever peerless, Potsie

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Great info and entertaining to read. However, this is just a "fun" one nestled within my veggies. I'm not full-on committed to growing A+ in this one. I have my outstanding last crop properly cured until I fire up inside in about a month. It's just easier for me to control environment during the cold months. She's just a little "let's see what happens" popping a seed in the mist of 9 varieties of peppers (only thing that deer won't eat)

So far in my experience growing with organic living soil, it's been a breeze compared to coco as I work 60 hours a week and I just don't have the time and I grow for quality, rather then yield. I've never had any real problems.

I have far more then I can consume until the next indoor run, so I'm really not going to worry TOO much about that girl outside (her name is Betty). But like most here, I want to cultivate the best flower I can.

If I can only remember the strain haha! "Purple" something or other. Besides the premature purpling, she looks great. I did the same thing last year and put her in a far bigger pot and she was 7ft tall. I'm happy with the size of my current one for sure. Hopefully Betty produces great energy.

I'll update.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's trying to top itself, to redirect growth to roots. #1 cause is applying calmag, specifically in the form of CaMgCO3. Carbonates are the main antagonist of phloem activity. Potassium, Phosphorus, Boron, etc. Carbonates serve zero benefit to Cannabis. Carbonates are the #1 reason most organic pot (and pot grown with tap water) does not turn out like intended.

You have to add massive amounts of salts to counteract the antagonism of carbonates, which become bicarbonate in the ph range of most grows. The roots try to reach Boron, Phosphorus, etc but run into more carbonate. Blueberry farmers avoid this by growing under 5.5pH. Which would get you yelled at on internet forums. But I've tasted Blueberries grown above 5.5pH. They taste like dirt, rocks, mud. "Earthy", kind of like alot of knf jadam rols tlo smh "acronym organic" grows. I wonder if anyone has tried growing pot at a low ph..

Here is my strain with the perfect fertilizer, BUT with the additional "coots" recommended amount of Calcium carbonate added:
View attachment 1274188
Topping..

View attachment 1274190
Topping...

View attachment 1274191
Topped.

I did not add bugs or light or heat or disease or bad mojo to get this result. I only added calcium carbonate. The plants set outside turn purple over night instead of brown/black/yellow, due to further restricting Phosphorus at low temps. Flow of photosynthate should never stop. The "fade" commonly seen in internet grow communities is the result of halted flow of photosynthetic sugars

The control:
View attachment 1274192

Restriction of translocation-related nutrients is the #1 cause of slow flowering onset, slow bud development, slow maturation, etc. Every time a pot grower stumbles upon a secret, like calcium thiosulfate or monosalylic acid, all they are doing is pushing back against the assimilation of carbonate. Most of todays ornamental Cannabis producers rely on the look of heavy CaCO3 in trichome structure, to appeal to the drop/hype/lcd/placebo/visual market. This is the #1 reason today's legally purchasd cannabis is largely ornamental in nature, lacking in actual real world value . Frosty chalk stalks, excess salts required in their presence and the natural neutralization of acidic compounds in the resin gland. I'm fairly certain that high quality Cannabis relies on silica, boron calcium and phosphorus for structure, not carbonate.

======================

A-quaman is a bug chaser. Obsessed with preventable diseases. No telling how many people have thrown their plants in the trash because of his disease obsession leaking into his internet consultant persona. Seems most cannabis growers want to grow sick plants just so they can talk about bugs and disease. I guess you got alot more subjugate peers to lean against that way?

Forever peerless, Potsie
Your opinion… you could atleast tag me properly and not be a coward. I think its more i called out your bullshit in another post that you still haven’t answered but hey there isnt a good answer to be had anyhow so just ignore it right?

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

View attachment 1274188
Topping..

View attachment 1274190
Topping...

View attachment 1274191
Topped.

The control:
View attachment 1274192

======================

Forever peerless, Potsie
What exactly are translocation related nutrients? Lets have this discussion since you seem to have something against me… or you just gonna spew more bullshit with made up words and not reply again?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

View attachment 1274188
Topping..

View attachment 1274190
Topping...

View attachment 1274191
Topped.

The control:
View attachment 1274192

======================

Forever peerless, Potsie
Jesus come have a discussion on the absolute bullshit in this post… cause that all it is. I kinda git the feeling this is just a new account for the same guy that claimed to have a masters in chemistry… spoke much the same way and was full of shit also

Last edited:
R

ritoMox

Last edited:
strider26554

strider26554

Man, talk about a thread taking a detour , methinks maybe potsie has been spending a little too much time studying the detriments of carbonates and too little time focusing on why he or she cant seem to acquire the skills to communicate his envy/love? of aquaman.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I, too, was interested in a reply about this. I figured that there would be no reply, so I went ahead and looked it up✌🏻 Link: Uptake and Translocation of Mineral Nutrients: Mechanism of Nutrient Uptake, Xylem Loading, Phloem Unloading
oh i know what it is but what nutrients are translocation nutrients…never heard that term in my life. The plants translocate nutrients… they need all nutrients and water to do so. If you read his statement its full of mischaracterizations and improper use of the terminology.

im pretty sure its the same guy i ran into a few weeks ago who got pissed when i called him out after he claimed to have a masters in chemistry and yet didn’t understand basic chemistry.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Most Cal/Mag formulas use calcium and magnesium nitrate, not dolomite.

Jeezus H. Christ.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Most Cal/Mag formulas use calcium and magnesium nitrate, not dolomite.

Jeezus H. Christ.
Haha right… its an actual challenge to find a cal mag with calcium carbonate alone… never mind one with a dolomite lime which i dont think even exists. I mean im all for a debate with this guy over almost everything he said… it all sounds like technical fact but when you break it down none of it is accurate

Top Bottom