Curling leaf tips autoflower earthbox

• Thread starter 7munkee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
7munkee

7munkee

Auto-flower in 70% Cocoa Loco, 30% worm castings, Earth Dust base in an Earth Box. Sprouted on 9/1/22. Filled the reservoir 3 weeks ago at the beginning of flower. Top dressed with 1 cup sprouted seed meal and Earth Dust boost last week.

Color looks nice but the tips are curling down badly

300-watt Maxisun bar light at 75%. Soil seems very wet although it hasn't been watered in 3 weeks.
Curling leaf tips autoflower earthbox

I took the plastic mulch cloth off to allow it to dry a bit. Light on 24/7.
Temperature remains 78-80 and humidity about 55%

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

Auto-flower in 70% Cocoa Loco, 30% worm castings, Earth Dust base in an Earth Box. Sprouted on 9/1/22. Filled the reservoir 3 weeks ago at the beginning of flower. Top dressed with 1 cup sprouted seed meal and Earth Dust boost last week.

Color looks nice but the tips are curling down badly

300-watt Maxisun bar light at 75%. Soil seems very wet although it hasn't been watered in 3 weeks.View attachment 1289518

I took the plastic mulch cloth off to allow it to dry a bit. Light on 24/7.
Temperature remains 78-80 and humidity about 55%
Yep over watering. A fool proof method to when to water is if the first 2 inches are dry it's safe to water. Just don't over water. Depending on age and size they don't need a gallon every time. I give my plants 2 cups at first and go up a cup each week. I'm usually at 1-2 liters by week 3. Depending on the size. Big plants 2 liters. I don't hit a gallon until they are in flower and big.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I try straight coco next round I think you added to much worm shit personally

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Your problem is the dirt you are using. Your mix is really for more of a hydro setup but you are growing like it's organic. You are mixing methods.
I would decide on a grow style and replant them to fit the style.

How much drainage do you have in the pan? 2 or 3 holes in the bottom is no way enough. Can you get pix of the bottom?
In the meantime, if you do have holes in the bottom, get the pan up on blocks to let about an inch of airflow underneath.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I don't like coco loco unless you are going hydroponic.
Earth dust is for organics. You feed Earth Dust twice during the entire life cycle, but with coco, you have to feed 2, 3, up to 5 or 6 times a day.

If you are going to go hydro, then just use the coco and be ready to feed multiple times daily.
If you decide on organic, then use a good quality living soil (NOT Fox farms). We prefer LUSH by Roots Organic.
A max of 5% worm castings

7munkee

7munkee

Your problem is the dirt you are using. Your mix is really for more of a hydro setup but you are growing like it's organic. You are mixing methods.
I would decide on a grow style and replant them to fit the style.

How much drainage do you have in the pan? 2 or 3 holes in the bottom is no way enough. Can you get pix of the bottom?
In the meantime, if you do have holes in the bottom, get the pan up on blocks to let about an inch of airflow underneath.
It's is an Earth Box. A SIP. Suppose to be wicking/self-watering. I filled the reservoir once. I chose this method so I wouldn't over water.

7munkee

7munkee

I don't like coco loco unless you are going hydroponic.
Earth dust is for organics. You feed Earth Dust twice during the entire life cycle, but with coco, you have to feed 2, 3, up to 5 or 6 times a day.

If you are going to go hydro, then just use the coco and be ready to feed multiple times daily.
If you decide on organic, then use a good quality living soil (NOT Fox farms). We prefer LUSH by Roots Organic.
A max of 5% worm castings
I followed the recipe almost exactly.
Ghdyjd

The left is the problem child. The right is a photo-period that looks great

R

ritoMox

It's is an Earth Box. A SIP. Suppose to be wicking/self-watering. I filled the reservoir once. I chose this method so I wouldn't over water.
I agree with @ComfortablyNumb, you are mixing methods. If you want to do solid grows using the EarthBox, tag along with Jeremy at his BuildASoild channel on Y-Tube. I time-stamped one of his videos explaining using the EarthBox. It's age restricted so you have to sign in✌️ LINK

7munkee

7munkee

I agree with @ComfortablyNumb, you are mixing methods. If you want to do solid grows using the EarthBox, tag along with Jeremy at his BuildASoild channel on Y-Tube. I time-stamped one of his videos explaining using the EarthBox. It's age restricted so you have to sign in✌️ LINK

This IS Jermey's recipe.

7munkee

7munkee

I removed the plastic cover and its damp inside, not soaked. The worms are happy although I don't know how happy you can be living in your own excrement. It hasn't worsened in 3 days so perhaps I filled the reservoir too early?

R

ritoMox

I removed the plastic cover and its damp inside, not soaked. The worms are happy although I don't know how happy you can be living in your own excrement. It hasn't worsened in 3 days so perhaps I filled the reservoir too early?
In an EarthBox you still need to monitor your soil moisture before filling the reservoir.

Top Bottom