Curling leaf tips autoflower earthbox

• Thread starter 7munkee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
7munkee

7munkee

So, I should drill holes in the bottom of the EarthBox?
10247455 2138537852

Kinda defeats the purpose of having a SIP, I would think.

R

ritoMox

Do you really think could be it? The only peat I have access to is brick peat.

I
Check out that link I put above. Do you have a HomeDepot nearby? Big bales of peat can be had there. Well worth it!

Peat moss bale1
Peat moss bale2

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

That is not drainage, but it should hopefully allow enough oxygen to the roots or they will rot and you will see the kind of stuff you are experiencing.
Earthbox is a fine way to grow but it has a few minor issues that can mess up your plants. Also, marijuana is what I call a 'dry' plant. If its too wet, they don't like it.

If you are worried about overwatering, then that is very easily fixed.

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

7munkee

7munkee

We have a Lowes about 60 miles away(I live in the stix) that might stock some in the autumn.

But like I said, I have a photoperiod in the same setup that looks phenomenal. It's the Autoflower that has the yellow/curling tips.
20221009 163345

R

ritoMox

That is not drainage, but it should hopefully allow enough oxygen to the roots or they will rot and you will see the kind of stuff you are experiencing.
Earthbox is a fine way to grow but it has a few minor issues that can mess up your plants. Also, marijuana is what I call a 'dry' plant. If its too wet, they don't like it.

If you are worried about overwatering, then that is very easily fixed.

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL
All he did wrong was fill the reservoir too soon. He's not allowing the soil to dry out enough before refilling. The EarthBox is designed perfectly as long as it's used correctly. Jeremy at BuildASoil has the process down pat, and all op needs to do is watch Jeremy's videos.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Yeah, I've seen Jeremy's grows. Very nice, but there is a bit more to it. Fact is, the plant will grow in many different enviroments, but they still have needs. drying out partially is part of that. His SIP may not be working correctly.

7munkee

7munkee

Jeremy also did Auto's in the EarthBox LINK
Ya, I've watched/rewatched all his videos. He is the one that inspired me to use an Earth Box because I am notorious at over watering.

But I think you are right; I filled the reservoir too soon.

R

ritoMox

Ya, I've watched/rewatched all his videos. He is the one that inspired me to use an Earth Box because I am notorious at over watering.

But I think you are right; I filled the reservoir too soon.
Yeah, just because the reservoir is empty doesn't mean it's time to refill it. Jeremy is pretty clear on using the plant to also guide refilling.✌️

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Do you have a water meter?

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

7munkee

7munkee

Do you have a water meter?

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL
I do but I loaned it to my daughter-in-law because she is completely new to growing.

7munkee

7munkee

Glad it worked out. Imagine how bummed you would have been if you had drilled holes in your Earthboxe's😢✌️

View attachment 1297910 Link: BuildASoil: AUTOPOT XL FOUR POT SETUP PART 1 (Season 4, Episode 11)
Actually, the Earthbox with the problem plant is a wonky Bannana Daddy Auto from Ethos. I dont know what it is but the whole thing was wonky from the start. All the leaves have 3 blades and the whole plant is full of larf. The healthy one is an Amnesia Haze photo.

Here is the problem plant . Its flowering, but tiny popcorn larf
20221028 001407

and here is the raging Amnesia
20221030 173041

R

ritoMox

Damn, that sucks. I was hoping that you got it worked out. It looks like you're kill'n it with the Amnesia, though! Great job!✌️

Top Bottom