Curmudgeonland...home Of The Old Farts Club

• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

Well, @mendel , I went ham at the auction. I spent $200. It took two pickups & my 16' stock trailer to haul it all.
With 4 sons 19-17 years old, I was after a few household items. Washer-dryer set $25, two dressers & a bed $1, brand new microwave $2 and a bag of dish towels & dozens of cooking utensils $1.
One of the adopted boys used a modest inheritance to buy a run down house, ($4000). So I spent a couple bucks on some lumber, 40' drain pipe, and 20' of 3\4" pvc.
The estate belonged to an old farmer. And true to the farmer way, he was a Jack of all trades. He had moonlighted in construction. He had all of the tools to build a house from start to finish. He also built trailers and implement bars/tools. I got everything "cement" except the mixer and the bull float. Also the basic drywall set, work lights, plus basics: boxes of pliers, screwdrivers, bottle jacks etc. ...I'm currently unemployed. We've been surviving on whatever odd jobs I can find. It'll be nice to be prepared for a broader spectrum of jobs.
In the old man's later years, he was a photographer. My wife has been doing some Senior pictures, and found a bunch of the nice muslin back drops and miscellaneous photo crap. But I also got a box of brand new picture frames, honey oak, nice. Gotta get some of my drawings in them, before the tourist season hits the mountain galleries.
I'm hoping I spent a little, to make a lot. I would have spent $200 for picture frames, anyways. Ten pieces framed, for us, is a good paycheck. Colorado tourism dollars feed my family during the summer months.

M

mendel

Im glad to hear you found some useful stuff(s). I have to stay away from those auctions. I end up dragging half the shit home w me. I ought to be over to one today in kansas, but im resting instead, and getting my propagation area ready to sprout seed. With these grain and cattle prices, im broke.

Freshone

Freshone

Love to see it,art amazes me probably because I am inept at it,lol,even though I try.I have a fair amount of it in my home,even a few pieces done for me by members here.Does not have to be by known artists just has to catch my attention.

M

mendel

We have art here given to us by patients over the years. Love every piece. I too am art deficient.

Im infusing some coconut oil here, just got the batch started. 3 cups oil, 30 grams tumbled kief, decarbed, 10 gg #4, 10 g Chemdog D x Chemdog #4, 10 g blueberry skunk. Ought to make a solid batch of sleep edibles when done. testing should be interesting........lol

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

M

11x14 "Madre Mustano" ("mustang mother" in spanish) pencil.

M

mendel

I need to drag my herd up your way so your wife can take a pic, so you can do one of us when you have time.

Also gb, if you see a scythe with grain fingers in good shape when your auctioning around, and the price is right, pull the trigger for me......I have cody, tracy, cody's dad, and mcvey looking for me as well. I have a blacksmith buddy who can put the polish on it if need be.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

I need to drag my herd up your way so your wife can take a pic, so you can do one of us when you have time.

Also gb, if you see a scythe with grain fingers in good shape when your auctioning around, and the price is right, pull the trigger for me......I have cody, tracy, cody's dad, and mcvey looking for me as well. I have a blacksmith buddy who can put the polish on it if need be.
You know where I'm at. I'll put something on the smoker, when you come.
Cody should have your scythe. He'll auction it off at the equipment auction @ Maier's old place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom