Not open for further replies.
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
20170324 030930

Kraven

Kraven

I no longer trust the mods at MP......... Their political views have made them intolerant to those with different views....... up to the point they break their own rules to push their very one sided opinions ........... for that reason I feel they're not trustworthy......... especially for those of us who still face prison time if caught......... my experience there during this last election season made me this way and I know of others who feel the same way.

I was there and saw the whole thing unfold over almost a year. It is sad, the subject that was forbidden by rule # 17 caused a huge rift in a group of people who found common ground for years. The country, this election and a lot of my friends got really divided by lines in the sand. I understand your anger and respect it, had politic's been left to political sites MP would have fared much better imho.

That's the reason I bailed. I can't stand double standards, and I damn sure can't stand people in power abusing it. Fuck 'em.

I feel the same way hippie, when you and yoop left thats the only reason i came to the farm, your both my friends and i wanted to be able to keep up with you. As far as i can tell I have not had those issue's....but when and if i do i will address them correctly......sho don't want to get on the wrong side of a combat hardened Marine who has a very specific set of special skills and has a unfavorable disposition towards you.

Guys I really hate that y'all left but I feel blessed to be able to find you here and happy and able to express yourself fully. I lean hard left and y'all still have room in your hearts for me, and the same goes for you all. Lets focus on sexy women, good pot and great friendships.

Hippie

Hippie

Gotta hand it to the Jehovah's Witness; they're dedicated to the cause.

Pup alarm went off. I went out to see what the commotion was. There's a white SUV parked in the driveway, a gal in her 60s standing out of the passenger door, and two pissed off geese guarding the front porch. I hear a tap tap at the door. I open it to find another gal in her 50s plastered up against the storm door, looking really nervous.
I open it, she hands me a flyer, and asked if the geese bite.

Yes.

I was nice enough to walk 'em away long enough for her to get back to her ride, but I'll bet it's gonna be a while before they come back.

Damn, 'moltis! When'd they make you a sheriff?

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Are you self employed?

Nope.
Full time worker got a hernia in sept and surgery. Had $10k saved, insurance etc. I been having pain all through to now and haven't been able to return to work yet.

Insurance lapsed jan 1.
No income this year.
Can't get insurance until I resume work.
Which I can't do without fixing whatever my complications are (Most likely 2nd surgery)
Which I can't afford with no money (ran out living off it for 6 months) and a lack of insurance.

Had to talk to a financial assistance planner at my local hospital. They collected all my info and applied for everything to see what I could get.

Most likely I will be paying out of pocket since the healthcare system has completely failed me.

Pay a surgeon to hurt you.
Then your whole life falls apart.
Then they expect you to pay up a 2nd time for them to fix you....

Obama care needs to go bye bye.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Its going where it needs to go, in the shitter. Next up, obamacare.
Before obamacare self employed folks were considered a 'business group of one' or BG1 and allowed to purchase benefit-rich tax favored group health insurance, but there was medical underwriting. Health issues weren't a non-starter, people with pre-ex could use our state's safety net program, Cover Colorado, funded by premiums paid by group insurance surcharges to employees of groups. Groups of two or more are not underwritten, health isn't an issue, no safety net program. Any insurance carrier, any policy, any time. Literally every single person in this state had access to health insurance. Just looking at access, not cost.

Obamacare did away with Cover Colorado, as well as BG1's. We got around that by having the business owner put a spouse or child on the payroll at minimum wage, creating a two person group, no restrictions. Obamacare took away our ability to have a two person group if it was a married couple, male/female, screwing our self employed and married couples out of access to quality care with tax advantages. Male/male married business owners are allowed to get a group plan under the exact same conditions, as well as female/female married couples. Sorry straighties. Now we have to have one non-same-sex-spouse w-2 employee in order to get a group insurance plan.

Something's fucky, self employed people should be treated as such since they enjoy the benefit of being taxed as a corporation.
You sure? The Pullet is getting hammered $695, just like last year.
That's a tax question and I am an insurance guy, but I don't think they can take away the individual mandate for tax year 2016, and contracts etc have been signed for 2017 as well, so I am not certain that the individual mandate [fine] will be enforced or not.

Trump gets elected
Trump wants to repeal obamacare
Now trump threatens (i think?) to abandon it and go back to obamacare

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

edit-apologies, I don't want to derail y'all's thread with my ramblings, carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom