• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hippie

Hippie

yooper420, your toy must have had wings on it
Rotary wings. Air Cav., right?

Used to work with a guy that was in graves registration, which is a fancy name for body retrieval. He got a call out on a downed Huey. Charlie had baited it in with a fire made outta old tires. Bird spots the smoke, goes to investigate, hovers low for a look-see, and BAM! They'd dug a small hole, stuck a wooden Coke crate in it full of frag grenades with the pins pulled, put a Claymore under it, and when they popped the Claymore, up goes the crate with the grenades. Them birds drop hard when you take the rotors off of 'em. Wasn't much left but bones and ash to retrieve. More names for the Wall.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
it was my pleasure to serve my country, but we no damn business being there . killed a lot of rice farmers trying to make them democratic. they are getting along just fine without us.
But hell I did not know that till I saw it first hand.
Agreed, Lots of peeps on both sides lost their lives and the defense contractors got filthy rich. We dropped an ungodly amount of ordinance there.

Sad but true part of war, until it stops being profitable we all are going to keep doing it. Mhhhh lets see whats the bogeyman we are chasing this month......... :( Keep em scared and fearin for security and it keeps them compliant and reliant!!!

Hippie

Hippie

it was my pleasure to serve my country, but we no damn business being there . killed a lot of rice farmers trying to make them democratic. they are getting along just fine without us.
I'm sorry that the country I call my home sent a bunch of teenage boys to die for nothing. I have respect for all those that went, but I also have respect for all those that didn't.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I have some pretty strong feelings on this whole topic and for once in my life I'm gonna do the smart thing and keep my damn trap shut, lest I run this into a political fiasco and get thumped and thrown out. I'm bowing out now. Have a great night fella's and either way I have respect for all that went or didnt for whatever reason..... Peace

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

A close family friend died of lung cancer last year when it spread to his brain. He never smoked a day in his life but he was a chopper pilot in the shit dropping ao. His life goal was to visit 100 countries with his wife in retirement, he got to 90, and he was a good soul. I hope you weren't subjected to the bullshit that greeted many of your peers when came home, and if you were, I apologize on behalf of those people, although it's meaningless now.

My thanks extend to everyone who served, I just saw you mention it so I posted. Don't want to hijack.

edit-
I'm sorry that the country I call my home sent a bunch of teenage boys to die for nothing. I have respect for all those that went, but I also have respect for all those that didn't.
This is one subject that I am glad I wasn't born for. There were no winners.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom