• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
SpiderK

SpiderK

Stoned but not that stoned...
got ahold of the repair guy i guess the well's in this neighborhood are notorious for their 4" pumps getting stuck inside the well and unable to remove, so he said theres a chance we may need a new well .....
Own your own home they said, Dream house they said...

Anyone remember the move Money pit. . .

Did he check out continuity on pump ? ( cut wires under well cap, check each wire that runs toward pump for continuity ) u touch testing prongs it should beep. check each wire holding each wire with the two testing clips ). it should beep.

if it does not beep, pump is bad or your wire is broken.

did he check how many amps your pump is pulling ????? a proper running 3/4 hp should pull around 7 amps .....

you check this at the pressure switch near your holding tank.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Did he check out continuity on pump ? ( cut wires under well cap, check each wire that runs toward pump for continuity ) u touch testing prongs it should beep. check each wire holding each wire with the two testing clips ). it should beep.

if it does not beep, pump is bad or your wire is broken.

did he check how many amps your pump is pulling ????? a proper running 3/4 hp should pull around 7 amps .....

you check this at the pressure switch near your holding tank.

No he checked the volts on the pressure switch and said something about 247V then replaced the switch with a new one and we have water again. :D

SpiderK

SpiderK

did he check your tank pressure ? this stresses out the pumps the most when low or water logged.

and no galvanized fittings only brass.

should be 38 psi. ( only check after you cut power then drain off system of water in house. then check tank pressure with tire gage )

Last edited:
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
did he check your tank pressure ? this stresses out the pumps the most when low or water logged.

and no galvanized fittings only brass.

should be 38 psi. ( only check after you cut power then drain off system of water in house. then check tank pressure with tire gage )

Nope he litterally just went into the crawl space pulled out his volt meter dicked around, asked me to kill the power at the breaker, Pulled out the old put in the new checked for leaks and said the pressure switch is the most common thing to fail.

Wrote up the invoice and tadow he was gone :D

M

mendel

Hehaw boys didnt get to go fishing cuz it rained down there, I been mowing and drinking copious amounts of beer. Just pulled my lite dep, drunk as fuck, everything seems to be going ok.

Tough shit on that dementia boys, ive been blessed here, when our folk get old they stroke out and fall over, wherever they might be at the time. best of luck to both of you, give your mom a hug dabbie, must be real tough for her.

back to mowing good luck fellers.

gtrmike470

gtrmike470

A few years back, a 3 of my son's friends were struggling in school. Their parents gave me guardianship. They'd given up. Four teenage boys were stacked in a small bedroom.
Four years later, I'll watch the last one receive his diploma, in an hour or so.
It's been a long road, but the day is finally here.
The more I get to know you, that doesn't really surprise me @GoldNBoy Nice one!! Bowl up!!

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Stoned but not that stoned...

got ahold of the repair guy i guess the well's in this neighborhood are notorious for their 4" pumps getting stuck inside the well and unable to remove, so he said theres a chance we may need a new well .....

Own your own home they said, Dream house they said...

Anyone remember the move Money pit. . .
I live in the money pit house haha! Luckily insurance covered 3/4 of it

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

Well, the boy's real dad came to the graduation. Says he's going "legit". His mother moved to Nevada several years ago. She didn't come. This boy is dyslexic and has ADHD. We got him colored filters, and paper, to make it easier for him to read. We took him off the meds, and gave him a horse to take care of. He worked hard to get his diploma.
So, out of 3 boys, two graduated with their class, and one a year & a half early. Out of six parents, two came to their kid's graduation.
Their loss, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom