Curmudgeonland...home Of The Old Farts Club

• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hippie

Hippie

hippie it's been 2 years since they flew the September air patrols. I think they are giving up. they use to fly over my house a couple of time a week. none lately.
Guess they're all down here. Tail end of August through last week, I had at least two a day, sometimes more. Lot of weed grown in the Tri Counties.

I remember thirty years or more ago, I'd be setting at the local sleazy bar, drinking with the locals. You'd hear one go over, come back, go over, come back, then hover. Soon as they'd left, half the bar emptied out and headed for where the chopper had been seen hovering. They figured the rippers (them) had better get it before the MSP did.
The power lines half a mile away seemed to be a prime spot for growing. They had tree lines on either side, but a nice wide gap cleared out where the towers were.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I ordered a new pair of shoes this week. They arrived today.

I was looking for a minimalist style shoe as close to barefoot as possible (while still having a sole on the shoe).

Moccasins are a good example of what I was looking for. Just needed a more protective sole.

I ended up finding a unique pair of what I was looking for. Many of you have heard of vibram shoes but these are not the toe shoes your thinking of.

They are vibram Furoshiki.

Furoshiki is defined as a type of traditional Japanese wrapping cloth traditionally used to transport clothes, gifts, or other goods.

This is the color I got too Just black.
View attachment 641392
View attachment 641393

The shoes have a very flexible thin sole you slip your foot into. Then you wrap one side over your foot. Followed by the second side. These shoes wrap your feet essentially making a form fitting shoe. It's pretty cool.

If you like feeling the ground beneath your feet these are for you.
For 110 clams I will stick with my 10 Target flip flops. You have way too much time and money on your hands. Or is that on your feet. lol

Hippie

Hippie

For 110 clams I will stick with my 10 Target flip flops. You have way too much time and money on your hands. Or is that on your feet. lol
I buy my sandals in the fall for next spring at half price, and my winter wear is a pair of Joe issue jungle boots that are going on their third season. If'n a pair of those hundred buck weird looking shoes would stop my sorry assed old feet from hurting, damned if I wouldn't put a pair on my Christmas list.
They are pretty weird looking, though. Bet they're comfortable as hell.

What really scares me is LD running around in Ninja Turtles slippers!

Hippie

Hippie

I can walk longer than I can stand. I can stand longer than I can sit, and I can lay flat on my back longer than any of the others.

Know what I hate about playing internet spades? After your partner puts you back three times and kills two of your nil's in the same game, you can't reach across the table and sober him up a little.:(

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I buy my sandals in the fall for next spring at half price, and my winter wear is a pair of Joe issue jungle boots that are going on their third season. If'n a pair of those hundred buck weird looking shoes would stop my sorry assed old feet from hurting, damned if I wouldn't put a pair on my Christmas list.
They are pretty weird looking, though. Bet they're comfortable as hell.

These aren't sandals. They are actual shoes with a rubber sole. If your looking for foot comfort these aren't the shoes for you. They have a thin sole meant for flexibility, protection, feeling the ground, and adapting their shape more dynamically to match your foot as you move.

If your someone who likes to toughen up their feet and help them get conditioned back to natural walking (we walk much different without shoes on). Then these are for you.

Something great about feeling the ground beneath you. As well as feeling every way you have to bend, flex, move, control your foot to walk when the shoes are not making things easy. Becoming a part of the human experience.

I like it a lot. I prefer barefoot, but let's be honest. Living in society there are dangers to my feet such as glass, metal, concrete and things normally not found in nature.

So there has to be a minimal level of foot protection while retaining the majority of the foots normal operating environment to ensure proper development.

Some people who are flat footed have taken up barefoot running only to find the natural arches of their feet redeveloped.

Shoes make us weak.
Break the trend.

Seems like the magic number for anything of decent quality nowadays is around $100.

My work boots for construction cost $150 pair but last 3 years each.

Most of my shoes are around close to $100 but have had many for over 10 years.

I don't spend my money on much.
I don't have Internet, cable, don't drink coffee, soda, alcohol (very rarely), don't smoke cigarettes, don't watch t.v. I buy almost all my clothes at Costco. Don't mall shop, don't go to the bar, I buy parts & work on my own car, do my own handyman work around my home and personal life.
Our rent is only $550 month which is dirt cheap. We pay our car insurance in full every 6 months saving us over $100. I have never bought a new car or taken out a loan on one. In fact never taken a loan out. I've only ever bought used cars and fixed myself.

I keep my life simple. And the money I save from all those potential monthly bills that suck people dry without them knowing is a lot.

I meet people who buy as many or more cigarettes a year as it cost me to rent for a whole year. All while they are still drinking, paying for cable, Internet, coffee etc. While talking about how broke they are.

Do the math on the money wasters guys. You'd be surprised how much money goes into the toilet.

But living within my means, while acquiring $0 debt, and being very frugal with my money. Leads me to where I can buy what I need with hints of things I want here and there.

And since I prefer quality over quantity. When I do decide to buy things once in a while they aren't cheap. But don't let that fool you into thinking I didn't find the best deal available to me during that specific time. Trust me I did.

When you cut out all the b.s. spending. You would be surprised how much spare money is freed up.

This work year was march-sep (7 months)

In that 7 months I pulled in roughly $30k pre tax. Out of all that I stashed $10k post tax.

If it weren't for this surgery I'd be having a banner year this year. Would have gotten close to $50k.
Would have been/beat my highest earning year ever.

Working hard and stashing money feels rewarding but can leave you feeling a little unfulfilled. So it's important we take some of our hard earned money and sink it into something that fulfills us/makes us happy.

Eat, drink and be merry.
After all money is just paper.
Use that paper to fill your life with experiences.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
These aren't sandals. They are actual shoes with a rubber sole. If your looking for foot comfort these aren't the shoes for you. They have a thin sole meant for flexibility, protection, feeling the ground, and adapting their shape more dynamically to match your foot as you move.

If your someone who likes to toughen up their feet and help them get conditioned back to natural walking (we walk much different without shoes on). Then these are for you.

Something great about feeling the ground beneath you. As well as feeling every way you have to bend, flex, move, control your foot to walk when the shoes are not making things easy. Becoming a part of the human experience.

I like it a lot. I prefer barefoot, but let's be honest. Living in society there are dangers to my feet such as glass, metal, concrete and things normally not found in nature.

So there has to be a minimal level of foot protection while retaining the majority of the foots normal operating environment to ensure proper development.

Some people who are flat footed have taken up barefoot running only to find the natural arches of their feet redeveloped.

Shoes make us weak.
Break the trend.

Seems like the magic number for anything of decent quality nowadays is around $100.

My work boots for construction cost $150 pair but last 3 years each.

Most of my shoes are around close to $100 but have had many for over 10 years.

I don't spend my money on much.
I don't have Internet, cable, don't drink coffee, soda, alcohol (very rarely), don't smoke cigarettes, don't watch t.v. I buy almost all my clothes at Costco. Don't mall shop, don't go to the bar, I buy parts & work on my own car, do my own handyman work around my home and personal life.
Our rent is only $550 month which is dirt cheap. We pay our car insurance in full every 6 months saving us over $100. I have never bought a new car or taken out a loan on one. In fact never taken a loan out. I've only ever bought used cars and fixed myself.

I keep my life simple. And the money I save from all those potential monthly bills that suck people dry without them knowing is a lot.

I meet people who buy as many or more cigarettes a year as it cost me to rent for a whole year. All while they are still drinking, paying for cable, Internet, coffee etc. While talking about how broke they are.

Do the math on the money wasters guys. You'd be surprised how much money goes into the toilet.

But living within my means, while acquiring $0 debt, and being very frugal with my money. Leads me to where I can buy what I need with hints of things I want here and there.

And since I prefer quality over quantity. When I do decide to buy things once in a while they aren't cheap. But don't let that fool you into thinking I didn't find the best deal available to me during that specific time. Trust me I did.

When you cut out all the b.s. spending. You would be surprised how much spare money is freed up.

This work year was march-sep (7 months)

In that 7 months I pulled in roughly $30k pre tax. Out of all that I stashed $10k post tax.

If it weren't for this surgery I'd be having a banner year this year. Would have gotten close to $50k.
Would have been/beat my highest earning year ever.

Working hard and stashing money feels rewarding but can leave you feeling a little unfulfilled. So it's important we take some of our hard earned money and sink it into something that fulfills us/makes us happy.

Eat, drink and be merry.
After all money is just paper.
Use that paper to fill your life with experiences.

Man it sure dont take much to wind you up. :p Thicken up that skin Son you werent under attack. What you do with your $$$ is your business. :)

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Man it sure dont take much to wind you up. :p Thicken up that skin Son you werent under attack. What you do with your $$$ is your business. :)

I'm not wound up.
I just like information.
You made a statement to which I responded that's all.

The only way people get to know my true inner workings. Is if I talk about my reasons/methodology.

Just trying to give y'all a little insight into my life that's all .

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Smoke up peeps it's 4:20

200w d 16

It's 4:20 pm here.
I noticed all my posts are marked 4:26 when done. This means this website clock is 6 mins behind.

I'm gonna have to start smoking at 4:14 from now on to make it look more official.

Last edited:
robomont

robomont

im with you rmoltis.i get blsck swat type boots from walmart for around 40.i wear out boots every 6 months.doesnt matter what brand.ive had the redwings etc.my feet are my world and im rugged.
one of the oldest sayings in history,sumerian,you see the world with your feet.kinda makes sense.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Red Wing boots, Memory foam mattress, and a good Lazy Boy recliner.
Shit this spring I spent 100- 140 don't really remember on a pair of Merrell shoes. Best damn shoes I ever bought. Money well spent.

LD in his ninja's lol.
almost the same here, merrell hiking, old low cut converse, sleep number with foam toper, lazy boy.

i was back reading the first 500 posts in this thread and see your thinking 5th wheel or class b. in 2008 my wife mentioned we should get a camper some 4 wheelers and go play. i ended up here buying who we (i) named ugly betty. she was only in the family for about 2 months and i traded her in on a jayco seneca. i would buy from them again in a heart beat.
http://www.crankyape.com/default.asp?pg=DisItems&Cat=6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom