Curmudgeonland...home Of The Old Farts Club

• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hippie

Hippie

Better a beer in front of me than a frontal labotimy.
IMG 20170406 163932399

Freshone

Freshone

A farmer went to a local bar and ordered a glass of champagne.
The woman sitting next to him said, 'How about that? I just ordered champagne too! !
'What a coincidence' the farmer said. 'This is a special day for me.
I'm celebrating.'
This is a special day for me too, I am also celebrating,' said the woman.
'What a coincidence!' said the farmer. As they clinked glasses he added:
'What are you celebrating?'
'My husband and I have been trying to have a child and today my gynecologist told me that I am pregnant!'
'What a coincidence!' said the man. 'I'm a chicken farmer and all last year my hens were infertile, but today they are all laying eggs again.'
'That's great!' said the woman, 'How did your chickens become fertile?'
I used a different cock,' he replied.
The woman smiled, clinked his glass and said 'what a coincidence!'

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
sorry growgod I'll be quick.

I searched fifty pages of this thread and didn't find anything, but y'all were talking about individual coverage and whether or not to pay the penalty or if it would be taken off the table etc etc.
quote unquote
Will the Trump administration enforce the shared responsibility provision, which is part of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act enacted on March 23, 2010 (i.e., PPACA, ACA, Obamacare)?

As consumers file their 2016 taxes, will those who went without health insurance and didn’t qualify for an exemption owe a penalty?

The existing healthcare reform law requires taxpayers to show that they have minimum essential coverage, which includes but is not limited to Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE, CHIP, and private health insurance obtained through an employer or the individual market.3 This has not changed.

Most commonly, providing evidence of minimum essential coverage means checking a box on line 61 on page two of your individual income tax return.4 If the box goes unchecked, your tax return could be rejected—at least, that was the case until recently, and here is where some might become confused.

Will 2016 penalties be enforced this tax season?

The IRS in February stated that, starting this tax season, it will no longer systematically reject returns on which the taxpayer doesn’t indicate their coverage status.5 However, the agency may still follow up with questions. But will the IRS really enforce the individual shared responsibility payment (i.e., Obamacare tax penalty)?

Tara Straw, a senior policy analyst at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, in an interview with NPR reminded consumers that the individual mandate is the law and remains in effect; as such, they should pay the fine unless they qualify for an exemption.6 Straw cautioned consumers that “reputable tax preparers” would not advise them to skip the penalty or delay filing because the law could change.7

-
3Erb, Kelly Phillips. “IRS Softens on Obamacare Reporting Requirements After Trump Executive Order.” Forbes. Feb. 16, 2017.

4Ibid.

5Ibid.

6Andrews, Michelle. Health Shots. “Even If You Expect Obamacare to be Repealed, Don’t Skip Paying Tax Penalty Now.” NPR. Feb. 8, 2017.
What the fuck you apologizing to me for? Get that shit out f here lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom