GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
IMG 2552
Martha Stewart's perfectly fried chicken...mmm crisco

giggy

giggy

Morning everybody. Rough night last night. About 02:00 a warning on tv got me up. I went and put the truck in the car port, then when the storm hit i get rain and one clap of thunder. Where ever it went through it had hail and 80 mph winds. People north west of us have power out and trees down. Wife slept through it like always. Hell you can't even walk though my house without meeting me. The grandson learned he needed to turn a light on then i don't go after him. Hell with it wheres my coffee.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Good morning G gnome, giggy and the rest of the OFC. Hope everybody is having a great Memorial Day weekend. We need to pay tribute to those that have paid the ultimate sacrifice to protect our freedom. And to those that are serving now. We can never thank them enough. This weekend also brings back a sad memory for me. In 1969, I was in Vietnam and got my hometown newspaper 10 days to 2 weeks late, 3 or 4 at a time. As I sat reading the Local section, I saw a minor headline the said "local man killed in I-75 accident". Car ran of the highway and struck a sign and the post went through the windshield and impaled the passenger thru the chest. I read the name and my heart sank, it was one of my best friends. It pissed me off that no one wrote and told me about it.

G gnome

G gnome

Good morning G gnome, giggy and the rest of the OFC. Hope everybody is having a great Memorial Day weekend. We need to pay tribute to those that have paid the ultimate sacrifice to protect our freedom. And to those that are serving now. We can never thank them enough. This weekend also brings back a sad memory for me. In 1969, I was in Vietnam and got my hometown newspaper 10 days to 2 weeks late, 3 or 4 at a time. As I sat reading the Local section, I saw a minor headline the said "local man killed in I-75 accident". Car ran of the highway and struck a sign and the post went through the windshield and impaled the passenger thru the chest. I read the name and my heart sank, it was one of my best friends. It pissed me off that no one wrote and told me about it.
Mornin Sir!

Big thx to our servicemen! !!!

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

Well, a bearing went out on my horse trailer. Got lucky though. We were only a mile from the house, and it locked up leaving a stop sign. So, at least I didn't ruin the tire. I knew it was going bad, and had already bought the bearing. But, I hadn't put it on.
Since I couldn't go to the branding, I needed to make it up to my girls, 8 & 11. It would have been a nice time for them to get involved, but still have some play time with friends they don't see all that often. They were disappointed, but I had promised them ride time.
So, I let the little ones ride in the backyard, inside the privacy fence. I was really impressed, with their improvement in abilities horseback. I've had them riding grandpa's old retired horse, "Buddy". He would not hurt a fly, but he's lazy & gets away with doing just the bare minimum. On my young using horses, they were able to do anything they wanted.
Then the neighbor decided to throw firecrackers over my fence. Even old Buddy would not have stood for that. Luckily, the horses froze, instead of trying to run off. I got them out of there, and we finished our ride back at the farm.
When, I got home, my other neighbor had called the cops. This jackass & his kids were shooting roman candles and rockets over my back fence. ...not just in our direction, but every fireball landing in my yard, rockets bouncing off of my house & garage. As soon as the call came over the police scanner, they jumped in their vehicle & left.
This jackass thinks he's gonna intimidate me, and I'll drop his public indecency and home invasion charges. I should've splattered him all over my living room, that time.
I'm sorry guys. I didn't need to post this here. I'm just at my wit's end.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Well, a bearing went out on my horse trailer. Got lucky though. We were only a mile from the house, and it locked up leaving a stop sign. So, at least I didn't ruin the tire. I knew it was going bad, and had already bought the bearing. But, I hadn't put it on.
Since I couldn't go to the branding, I needed to make it up to my girls, 8 & 11. It would have been a nice time for them to get involved, but still have some play time with friends they don't see all that often. They were disappointed, but I had promised them ride time.
So, I let the little ones ride in the backyard, inside the privacy fence. I was really impressed, with their improvement in abilities horseback. I've had them riding grandpa's old retired horse, "Buddy". He would not hurt a fly, but he's lazy & gets away with doing just the bare minimum. On my young using horses, they were able to do anything they wanted.
Then the neighbor decided to throw firecrackers over my fence. Even old Buddy would not have stood for that. Luckily, the horses froze, instead of trying to run off. I got them out of there, and we finished our ride back at the farm.
When, I got home, my other neighbor had called the cops. This jackass & his kids were shooting roman candles and rockets over my back fence. ...not just in our direction, but every fireball landing in my yard, rockets bouncing off of my house & garage. As soon as the call came over the police scanner, they jumped in their vehicle & left.
This jackass thinks he's gonna intimidate me, and I'll drop his public indecency and home invasion charges. I should've splattered him all over my living room, that time.
I'm sorry guys. I didn't need to post this here. I'm just at my wit's end.

Vent away, we'll listen and share a bowl with ya while we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom