Curmudgeonland...home Of The Old Farts Club

• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

I took a scary fall this time down in the canyon. In places the trails going into the canyon are very steep, steeper than normal stairs. Jagged rocks, cactus and gnarled cedars are there to slow your 500' descent.
I had dismounted to get under low cedars, holding branches out of the way. I was well below my horse, on one of the few level spots, about the size of a kitchen chair. I was looking at a 5' drop, followed by a switch back and another 4' drop, when my horse started to slide. I scrambled, but couldn't get out of the way.
The horse stopped on the same little shelf I'd been on. A thousand pounds slammed into me, sending off the edge backwards. I was clawing at thin air, as my feet passed between me and the midday sun. I completed my flip, and slick leather soles hit the trail 12' below. Somehow, I had kept hold of one 8' rein, and was scrambling for traction. I reached out with my right hand, for anything to stop myself, and grabbed a cholla cactus. As much as that sucked, I was glad it was there.
I took a minute to pull the worst of the spines, and climbed back up to my horse. She was still teetering three legged, on the little shelf, shaking as bad as I was. I discussed the situation with my shaky horse, and we decided that she was in charge of walking. So, I mounted up, and we slid down the canyon wall as one.
Other than some mean road rash, colorful bruises & a couple dozen broken spines still buried in my hand, I'm okay. If I hadn't grabbed a handful of cactus, they'd be burying me today.
A young guy that came with wasn't so lucky, even though he stayed on the bottom of the canyon. His horse zigged, and he zagged. He landed in the rocks and cholla cactus, breaking his right arm. He had to be hauled out for xrays and a cast.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Sup circle jerkers.. New DLC for ESO came out today! 40 fucking dollars.... and i paid it! Of course i did! Sadly i won't get around to actually playing it for a while I got soooooooo much other shit in the game i need to do right now lol..

Gardens doing GREAT! Pictures soon not like anyne fukin cares about my garden its not weed after all :p (jk) and fuck you if you don't care ;)

Setup that 18 gallon bin with horse shit at first, well that morphed into now its getting my pee, It got all the old raddish greens mixed in, I think a few slices of bread.. Some sugar.. All kinda crap, Making a nice compost tea from it all..

OMFG It smells so bad.... Stay back and wear a mask when stiring / using / adding water to it.

trying to make the garden 100% Man made organic ferilizer this year No more bottled nutes no more bags of shit.

I'm not a cheap bastard by any means, But why pay for the shit ? Its all over hyped bullshit products anyway.

and when and yes i will be one day, growing weed! I'll do the same fucking thing with my weed that im doing with my food :D

And i'll bet i'll be pretty fuckin good at it too!

Hope everyones doing good!

*Big middle finger to hippie*

Why?...

Shit why the fuck not :D

I love ya hipster ;)

Ohh watched john wick 2 today..

Maybe i was too high, but that shit was kinda wack.

Hippie

Hippie

I took a scary fall this time down in the canyon. In places the trails going into the canyon are very steep, steeper than normal stairs. Jagged rocks, cactus and gnarled cedars are there to slow your 500' descent.
I had dismounted to get under low cedars, holding branches out of the way. I was well below my horse, on one of the few level spots, about the size of a kitchen chair. I was looking at a 5' drop, followed by a switch back and another 4' drop, when my horse started to slide. I scrambled, but couldn't get out of the way.
The horse stopped on the same little shelf I'd been on. A thousand pounds slammed into me, sending off the edge backwards. I was clawing at thin air, as my feet passed between me and the midday sun. I completed my flip, and slick leather soles hit the trail 12' below. Somehow, I had kept hold of one 8' rein, and was scrambling for traction. I reached out with my right hand, for anything to stop myself, and grabbed a cholla cactus. As much as that sucked, I was glad it was there.
I took a minute to pull the worst of the spines, and climbed back up to my horse. She was still teetering three legged, on the little shelf, shaking as bad as I was. I discussed the situation with my shaky horse, and we decided that she was in charge of walking. So, I mounted up, and we slid down the canyon wall as one.
Other than some mean road rash, colorful bruises & a couple dozen broken spines still buried in my hand, I'm okay. If I hadn't grabbed a handful of cactus, they'd be burying me today.
A young guy that came with wasn't so lucky, even though he stayed on the bottom of the canyon. His horse zigged, and he zagged. He landed in the rocks and cholla cactus, breaking his right arm. He had to be hauled out for xrays and a cast.
I know how ya feel, Goldie. I damn near fell off a bar stool yesterday! Spooky!
Seriously, ain't you gettin' too old for that shit? Them young bucks heal up a lot quicker than us old farts. I know you ain't as old as some of us, but you're just as broken down.
Ya need to take a lesson from Mendel; Get some chickens and goats to fuck and leave the death-defying shit for the young-n-dumb.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

I know how ya feel, Goldie. I damn near fell off a bar stool yesterday! Spooky!
Seriously, ain't you gettin' too old for that shit? Them young bucks heal up a lot quicker than us old farts. I know you ain't as old as some of us, but you're just as broken down.
Ya need to take a lesson from Mendel; Get some chickens and goats to fuck and leave the death-defying shit for the young-n-dumb.

Yeah, no. F#ck that. I'd rather they scoop me off the canyon floor with a stick & a spoon, than die of a heart attack, trying to catch a goat with my pants around my ankles.
Besides, who would show these kids how to do it? That same youngster watched me get up, and get back on my horse. The next day he watched me rope calves, with cactus still in my hand. He didn't sit on the sideline for long. I tied his cast to his belly, with my tie down rope. He stepped up, and proved his worth, doing most of the ground work.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I need a vacation..

Once again hada deal with my dad and his low blood sugar, hada use the emergency rescue glucogon pen.. 15 mins later i got bitched at for saving his fucking life AGAIN...

This is bullshit, hes like don't ever use that pen on me again!

I'm like fine im fucking done Fuck you im done! Told my mom next time don't bother me with this shit call the fucking EMT's it their job now not mine.

If you can't take care of your own basic health care needs then i sure the fuck can't do it for ya and if your gonna give me shit for helping your ass out, then you can go to hell and rot for all i fucking care.

tired of this shit all my fuckin life can never do a fuckin thing right black sheep since the day i was born.

So done. SO fucking done!

SO beyond fucking done!

It sure would be a shame to leave for a while and come home to find out he slipped into a coma and fucking DIED!

Sorry hada vent a little.. :D

Some people are just evil mother fuckers.

stonestacker

stonestacker

I need a vacation..

Once again hada deal with my dad and his low blood sugar, hada use the emergency rescue glucogon pen.. 15 mins later i got bitched at for saving his fucking life AGAIN...

I'm like fine im fucking done Fuck you im done! Told my mom next time don't bother me with this shit call the fucking EMT's it their job now not mine.

If you can't take care of your own basic health care needs then i sure the fuck can't do it for ya and if your gonna give me shit for helping your ass out, then you can go to hell and rot for all i fucking care.

tired of this shit all my fuckin life can never do a fuckin thing right black sheep since the day i was born.

SO beyond fucking done!

It sure would be a shame to leave for a while and come home to find out he slipped into a coma and fucking DIED!

Go ahead and get it out L.D.

Hippie

Hippie

It ain't the people that are evil, it's the disease. Dementia sucks, period. My mother is going through the same shit. One minute she tells me just how much she loves me and that she couldn't live without me, and fifteen minutes later she'll tell me that ever since she was a little girl, she prayed to God she'd never have a son like me. Go figure. She's not evil. What dementia had done to her little brain is. The Pullet has already promised me she'd expedite my leaving this world if I get half as bad as Mom is now. I sure as fuck don't want to live that way.

It's the price we pay for living. We get to watch people die.

Freshone

Freshone

18835600_1819353508081517_7364794873894028771_n.jpg

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I need a vacation..

SO beyond fucking done!

This is the only post I've read today, but @LittleDabbie 'black sheep' is the opposite of the word I would use to describe what you are doing for your folks. What you are doing is thankless and stressful, and it is unfortunate that your old man is coming down like that, for doing what you did. I imagine his opinion would change if the circumstances were different. You deserve a cold drink and a fat spliff.

sixstring

sixstring

I have a good one for you.
Like 2 years ago I gave a member of the farm my phone number. Never did talk on the phone so I never had a # to store.
Sunday morning while I'm cooking breakfast I get a text asking if this was still stonestacker. It takes me a minute to get to the text, when I do I respond I'm guessing that this is so and so based on area code and the unknown #. No response now it's fucking with my head, so I text back asking who this is. No response. Well I follow him on ig so I dm him still no answer... Now it's really fucking with my head (it don't take much). Finally he gets back at me and says yes it's him just checking if it was still a valid #.
lol I'm a paranoid old fuck...

That is fuckin weird as hell
I think i woulda texted back lose my number if yer too stupid to answer back lol

giggy

giggy

glad your ok brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom