Custom light build DIY osram

• Thread starter Homesteader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PK1

PK1

Supporter
im trying to come up with something for a 3 x 5 room. i can't recall if you mentioned the size of tent/room this light is for?

Homesteader

Homesteader

This light is going to probably cover about a 3 foot by 3 foot canopy. I like grow landrace strains and have a corner in my grow room that I can grow a single large sativa with a high mounted light so that is why I am building this one. Mid summer this will probably max me out in terms of heat but Ill deal with it when it comes. I have two rooms to answer your question though but I use them for other crops on my farm too depending on the time of year. My larger room usually stays cannabis though and that is where this light is going.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Drilled 3 holes on both sides of the light so I could feed the positive and negative wires to the drivers. Attached the three dimmer boxes and trimmed the wires and prepping them to solder them together by putting heat shrink tubing on each connection.

IMG 20220202 180852
IMG 20220202 180914
IMG 20220202 172641
IMG 20220202 181625
IMG 20220202 183336
Last edited:
Cypress66

Cypress66

Drilled 3 holes on both sides of the light so I could feed the positive and negative wires to the drivers. Attached the three dimmer boxes and trimmed the wires and prepping them to solder them together by putting heat shrink tubing on each connection.
Nice bit of engineering there is very neatly designed and built 10 out of 10 for the skill level is not something that I could do To advanced and fiddly for me i would break something that would be a certainty. Nice job homesteader. Peace ✌️

Homesteader

Homesteader

Thanks Cypress!
Soldered the joints and wrap them with a small piece of electrical tape before putting the heat shrink on. Worked pretty well imo to do it that way instead of just the heat shrink. Still need to find some hooks and figure out how to make the wiring on the top look decent.

IMG 20220202 210651
Cypress66

Cypress66

Thanks Cypress!
Soldered the joints and wrap them with a small piece of electrical tape before putting the heat shrink on. Worked pretty well imo to do it that way instead of just the heat shrink. Still need to find some hooks and figure out how to make the wiring on the top look decent.
Final touches to the light that will be a good light and the power is very good. Looking forward to seeing you grow with your elegant new light decent diodes the osram Is a great idea to use the wood to space the bars looks really nice and it is totally different from the norm and I like that I’m going on a bit now i apologise for that Sorry 😐 is a problem I cannot help peace ✌️

Observationist

Observationist

loving this thread, thanks!

pretty dope that youre making this, i kinda wanna do one just cause.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Just about finished. Need to figure out the hangers still.

IMG 20220203 145342
  • Love
Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
nice dude, its coming along nicely! no fans? it be interesting to see what your temp readings are going to be with three drivers on two heatsinks.
Have you thought of maybe having a aluminum plate between 1st to 2nd heatsink and to 3rd one? that should help transporting the between all three heatsinks. just an idea

Homesteader

Homesteader

I have enough fans in my room that it should be fine. They aren't touching the heat sink so any airflow should be good. I guess we will see though

Reactions: PK1
Cypress66

Cypress66

Reading from my hydrofarm meter at 18" on full is about 1100 umol in the center and 550 to 600 umol on the corners.
They are good readings for the height and i assume that the height is able to get closer if you wish to. Not sure that you will need to be any closer than your current height Nice work man 👌👍👨‍🌾. Peace ✌️

Latest posts

Top Bottom