Cxb 3590 Vs Hps

• Thread starter 1mom4kids2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1mom4kids2

1mom4kids2

Hi guys I'm new to this forum and would love your comments on this topic before I spend all my money on a waste!!

Currently I grow with a 600w HPS and get .8gram per a watt and only harvested 3 grows out so far, the electricity bill I receive is far to high for me to afford and I have been researching the new cxb 3590 lights and have my eye on one at the moment,

I am aiming to buy 2 of these to replace my 600w and ask if I would be getting the same Gram/watt with them?

Please will you give me your views on the light and I grow with a mother and cuttings in sog generally and I've been growing barneys farm blue cheese the last three grows +-450grams with the 600w HPS!!

I use general hydroponics base nutrients (micro grow bloom) with 40:60 perlite coco and addtiionally calmag supplements and Epsom salts in weeks 3-5 of flowering !! Any other hints/tips to gain bigger yields would be greatly appreciated !!,

Thank you fellow greenthumbs

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

would recommend LED for two reasons 1. less cost. 2. many LEDs have a switch for vegetative growth or blooming.

Hi guys I'm new to this forum and would love your comments on this topic before I spend all my money on a waste!!

Currently I grow with a 600w HPS and get .8gram per a watt and only harvested 3 grows out so far, the electricity bill I receive is far to high for me to afford and I have been researching the new cxb 3590 lights and have my eye on one at the moment,

I am aiming to buy 2 of these to replace my 600w and ask if I would be getting the same Gram/watt with them?

Please will you give me your views on the light and I grow with a mother and cuttings in sog generally and I've been growing barneys farm blue cheese the last three grows +-450grams with the 600w HPS!!

I use general hydroponics base nutrients (micro grow bloom) with 40:60 perlite coco and addtiionally calmag supplements and Epsom salts in weeks 3-5 of flowering !! Any other hints/tips to gain bigger yields would be greatly appreciated !!,

Thank you fellow greenthumbs

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Pound off a 6 aint bad for 3rd grow.... dont expect the yield right away.... a lot of people have to get dialed in to hit the gpw

Each led reaches 120w....so 240.... you get 2 of them dialed in and you should get a better yield out of the leds

Vonkins

Vonkins

I'm running 1800 watts of 3590s now in a 4Ă—8. Let just say I'm killing it!!! Almost 4 oz off one Gth1. I'm pushing 20 3590s with 5 hlg 185 1400a with dimmer. Don't need that much power but I like knowing I got it if I need it. I can pull 4 to 5 lbs in one grow with 20 plants.

MW7945

MW7945

You won't yield the same with 2 of those as a HPS. You're literally cutting your wattage in less than half.

You're going to need to buy the one with 6 cobs on it they make. If you want to save a good chunk of change, contact them and have them swap out the CXB3590's for Vero29's. Will shave off almost $100.

Would also personally request reflectors instead of those glass lenses but that's just me

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

You won't yield the same with 2 of those as a HPS. You're literally cutting your wattage in less than half.

You're going to need to buy the one with 6 cobs on it they make. If you want to save a good chunk of change, contact them and have them swap out the CXB3590's for Vero29's. Will shave off almost $100.

Would also personally request reflectors instead of those glass lenses but that's just me

Veros are a lot hotter. But if u drive em hard.....are just as efficient as the nicer/newer ones

H

heisen

I'm running 1800 watts of 3590s now in a 4Ă—8. Let just say I'm killing it!!! Almost 4 oz off one Gth1. I'm pushing 20 3590s with 5 hlg 185 1400a with dimmer. Don't need that much power but I like knowing I got it if I need it. I can pull 4 to 5 lbs in one grow with 20 plants.
No way you can get 1800 watts from 5 of them drivers,the max forward voltage of the 185 1400 is 143v. With 4 ,36 v cobs on each driver your pushing 137.2 Volts(X1.4)=192 watts total per driver X 5 = 960 watts which is still good if your pulling that much weight in a 4x8.around 30 watts per square foot.

Last edited:
H

heisen

Just went through all this.Been reading everything on the internet about cobs,strips and quantum boards for a month.3590s are way overpriced for what your getting.the 3590s are king of low voltage but the differences are very negligible.
The trick is to drive more cobs softer for better efficiency.Figure out your grow space in square footage.multiply it by 38 or 40 and that will tell you the wattage you need to stay a minimum in.Than figure out how many cobs you can afford and start adding up the numbers to select the drivers.Every driver has a max Voltage.multiply your cob forward voltage by the amps to get your wattage,
so 4 x 36 volt cobs X 1.4 amps (1400mA ) would be 201 watts.You would need a driver that does not exceed the forward voltage of the cobs and wattage for each string.

H

heisen

so a 4x4 is 16 square feet,multiply 16x40watts per square feet to get 640 watts.I would drive 12 cobs in a 4x4 and drive them soft,You can get the citizen 1212's for around 9 dollars a piece from cobkits.com.run them on 3 185 1400's at 4 cobs per driver at 197watts per driver giving you the 600 total watts you need,or 2 320 1400's for the same wattage.the driver wont change the watts.the drivers are like grocery carts just carrying your voltages.the cobs all added up multiplied by the amps is what gives you the wattage.

you could also drive 6 cobs if you wanted to save money on cost in a 4x4 by using the citizen 50 V 1818 which is a higher forward voltage.
using the HLG 320 1050 you would have 6 cobs X 50 volts = 300 volts X 1.05 amps on the 1050 giving you 626 watts with 6 cobs instead of 12 but the tradeoff is they will run a little warmer being driven harder.

Last edited:
bicky studs

bicky studs

i just did the jump to 3590s from hps.
its great.
running sog go with low wattage.imo
36w/sq' will be fine.
better to have more light sources running lower wats for sog.
the 3590s run better than the veros under 50w
would recommend LED for two reasons 1. less cost. 2. many LEDs have a switch for vegetative growth or blooming.
where talking cobs here... not toys.... mars or vipra...etc

im stoked with the cobs, ill never look back!
childsplay not having all the heat issues.
you will save a bundle on power but the starting cost is pretty high.

i did diy but thats how i roll. the kits are pretty well priced if you account for all the time searching and shipping etc.

i havent seen any1 going back to hps from cob, from other leds maybe

H

heisen

i just did the jump to 3590s from hps.
its great.
running sog go with low wattage.imo
36w/sq' will be fine.
better to have more light sources running lower wats for sog.
the 3590s run better than the veros under 50w

where talking cobs here... not toys.... mars or vipra...etc

im stoked with the cobs, ill never look back!
childsplay not having all the heat issues.
you will save a bundle on power but the starting cost is pretty high.

i did diy but thats how i roll. the kits are pretty well priced if you account for all the time searching and shipping etc.

i havent seen any1 going back to hps from cob, from other leds maybe
the difference in the veros under 50 volts vs the 3590s was the 3590 driven @50 watts was 8081 lumens and the vero7 @50 watts was 7863 per cob.The difference is baby shit compared to the price they wanted.If someone needed the extra 200 lumens per cob they could just add an extra cob to the string and still be an extra 100 dollars to good.@ almost 40 dollars per cob for crees vs veros or citizen for yesterdays technology no way i would buy the crees.

bicky studs

bicky studs

the difference in the veros under 50 volts vs the 3590s was the 3590 driven @50 watts was 8081 lumens and the vero7 @50 watts was 7863 per cob.The difference is baby shit compared to the price they wanted.If someone needed the extra 200 lumens per cob they could just add an extra cob to the string and still be an extra 100 dollars to good.@ almost 40 dollars per cob for crees vs veros or citizen for yesterdays technology no way i would buy the crees.
sure m8, was just given him the facts.
was gunna get some veros for my new flood setup but it wont work with out with my drivers.

have you got ur cobs on ur rdwc setup? how ya liking em?

Latest posts

Top Bottom