Cxb 3590 Vs Hps

• Thread starter 1mom4kids2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

sure m8, was just given him the facts.
was gunna get some veros for my new flood setup but it wont work with out with my drivers.

have you got ur cobs on ur rdwc setup? how ya liking em?
the D series veros are the same voltage as the 3590s/
So far so good.I love the footprint but time will tell.I put my HPS setup for sale today with 2 bulbs and the ballast.Shits got to go.Really loving these cobs

bicky studs

bicky studs

So far so good.I love the footprint but time will tell.I put my HPS setup for sale today with 2 bulbs and the ballast.Shits got to go.Really loving these cobs
yeah you will probley have to cut a cpl" off ur scrog depth but i dont think itll effect yield having the spread light sources.

your smashing it with the greenpoint gear.:badboy:
ive been eye'n the sundance kid:shockedninja: but i really gotta finish the setup before i start banking seeds

H

heisen

yeah you will probley have to cut a cpl" off ur scrog depth but i dont think itll effect yield having the spread light sources.

your smashing it with the greenpoint gear.:badboy:
ive been eye'n the sundance kid:shockedninja: but i really gotta finish the setup before i start banking seeds
Actually im getting better light penetration than with the CMH for sure and thats straight up.My buckets under the plants are actually brighter than with the HPS

Vonkins

Vonkins

No way you can get 1800 watts from 5 of them drivers,the max forward voltage of the 185 1400 is 143v. With 4 ,36 v cobs on each driver your pushing 137.2 Volts(X1.4)=192 watts total per driver X 5 = 960 watts which is still good if your pulling that much weight in a 4x8.around 30 watts per square foot.
Great! I thought I was pulling much more electricity than that. At least my electricity bill isn' suffering like I thought. My gpw just shot up! Thanks for correcting my jacked up math.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Get the one 135/w vero kit from hgl n the one vero 225/w kit from rapid. $185 + $225.

$410 for two great small lights that flower a 3x3

Than add a 315 cmh if u have the space n can deal with the heat.

H

heisen

I would scrap the cmh,to much heat.unless you can raise them up they will kill trichs.
For a 3x3 I would go with 4 cobs with a 320 2100 mA driver.that would give you right around 300 watts all driven soft and would own a 3x3.about 40 watts per square foot.

H

heisen

I would scrap the cmh,to much heat.unless you can raise them up they will kill trichs.
For a 3x3 I would go with 4 cobs with a 320 2100 mA driver.that would give you right around 300 watts all driven soft and would own a 3x3.about 40 watts per square foot.
The thing that sucks about kits is they are to small to cover big areas.build it your self and space the cobs out how you want to get nice coverage

Leew421

Leew421

would recommend LED for two reasons 1. less cost. 2. many LEDs have a switch for vegetative growth or blooming.
Actually, if you get the high quality stuff you don't and you don't need it either. Nature has no switch. I run spydrx in veg (5 bar) and 2 spydrx plus (8 bar) in flower. I will be adding the vyprx plus in the middle in a month or so. I don't use any dimmer just nothing but go. If you'e handy and want to build it, go cree cob quantum. Don't waste time on shit for no reason. If budget is your game go 315 cmh. If you want to take it out of the box and plug it in go spydrx or any of the bioengineering lineup. Basically go for quality at all coat. Weather cmh, or led or self built

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

The cheapest thing that would put off a legit 225w is the vero kit from rapid.

That’s enough to veg 2-4 plants n flower 1 huge momma or two plants

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I run my Vero's @ 75w and they're warm but not hot.

Crees are cooler by the numbers.

When u factor in price n a lil ac to cool things down sum.....u start to split hairs.

I’d go Cree just because slight better tech n technology is only going to progress.

But on that same token, 220 for that vero kit is tempting.

May have to pull a fast one on the wife with visa this month

Lol

MW7945

MW7945

Crees are cooler by the numbers.

When u factor in price n a lil ac to cool things down sum.....u start to split hairs.

I’d go Cree just because slight better tech n technology is only going to progress.

But on that same token, 220 for that vero kit is tempting.

May have to pull a fast one on the wife with visa this month

Lol

Any of the top brand cobs is splitting hairs in terms of which is best. I think Vero SE's might top the chart right now though. Shouldn't have to run AC to cool cobs...

sixstring

sixstring

Ok I just wanted to point out that Vero 29 and cree 3590 are not the same voltage and don't always play on the same drivers.
Cree run at about 34.5 to 35v when driven at 1amp and Vero is above 36 so for instance you can run 5 x cree on a Meanwell hlg 185 1050ma driver and max out the driver.but the Vero would barely light up as the driver goes into limp mode.if you had a dim knobs on it it won't even light up.but some guys would think limp mode is bright as hell when in reality it's putting out about 20 watts.what I'm saying is the cree being lower voltage has many more driver options for series wiring and why you see so many people using parallel wiring and CV drivers.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Any of the top brand cobs is splitting hairs in terms of which is best. I think Vero SE's might top the chart right now though. Shouldn't have to run AC to cool cobs...

Don’t want to argue, but cree are more efficient n cooler then vero.

Just slightly, but if u want to get down to nitty gritty, they are #1

That’s of course if your not considering talking Samsun LM561C diodes n Samsung LM301B”s

301 are the most efficient on market today. 561 better bang for buck

The strip lights are just awesome

sixstring

sixstring

Don’t want to argue, but cree are more efficient n cooler then vero.

Just slightly, but if u want to get down to nitty gritty, they are #1

That’s of course if your not considering talking Samsun LM561C diodes n Samsung LM301B”s

301 are the most efficient on market today. 561 better bang for buck

The strip lights are just awesome
i think greengenes or @tags420 would argue the vero 29 @ 69v cob is better at all wattages above about 40w .i love my cree cobs but they need to step it up and give us a new chip soon and they need to keep it under 30 bucks

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I

Every test I have seen this seems to also be the case.the creees are top dog in the lower wattages

That’s what I’m saying. If you don’t drive them that hard they are cool, very cool.

And they are quite a bit more efficient.
Veros driven very hard are a better buy I’d agree.

Mohikanli21

Mohikanli21

so a 4x4 is 16 square feet,multiply 16x40watts per square feet to get 640 watts.I would drive 12 cobs in a 4x4 and drive them soft,You can get the citizen 1212's for around 9 dollars a piece from cobkits.com.run them on 3 185 1400's at 4 cobs per driver at 197watts per driver giving you the 600 total watts you need,or 2 320 1400's for the same wattage.the driver wont change the watts.the drivers are like grocery carts just carrying your voltages.the cobs all added up multiplied by the amps is what gives you the wattage.

you could also drive 6 cobs if you wanted to save money on cost in a 4x4 by using the citizen 50 V 1818 which is a higher forward voltage.
using the HLG 320 1050 you would have 6 cobs X 50 volts = 300 volts X 1.05 amps on the 1050 giving you 626 watts with 6 cobs instead of 12 but the tradeoff is they will run a little warmer being driven harder.

But then i really need to understand this... If I need around 40watts / sqft and I cover 3x3sqft, then I'll need (9x40w=) 360w. With an hps i do 400w for 12sqft. So the electricity consumption is the approx. The same... I get that part with more photo syntesis active blah blah, better spectrum, less heat... But where is that saving
all people talkin' about. I need more or less the SAME amount of Watts per area, don't I?

Last edited:
Top Bottom