Cyco

• Thread starter fstate559
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fstate559

fstate559

Was gifted the full cyco line to try out, any thoughts? Been using h&g in 2 gal coco pots

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Its a good line just expensive. Price wise comparable to H&G

40oz2fr33dom

40oz2fr33dom

IMG 3747
First grow using cyco this round. I've had 4 finished grows. First grow w/ 3 part GH. 2nd grow w/ floranova. 3rd & 4th grows w/ a combination of the two with dyna gro bloom 1 part in the mix as well. I always used liquid kool bloom, floralicious+,as well as cal mag+ & superthrive. Every grow I would run 7-10 days of the bases (whether in veg or bloom) with cal mag and super thrive then 3-4 days with the LKB, flora+, cal mag and super thrive. I used H&G root excelurator for a grow or two and then switched to great white shark for a couple grows. Not sure of a difference between the two. But I learned it's almost useless in dwc and hygrozymes
I planned on a full grow journal but I regrettably deleted all of my pix from my phone.
Here are a couple pix of the strain kryptonite from clone (NOT kryptonite og) from today in the last days of flower.
I've been "kinda" experimenting with flushing. Long weird story on my flush this round. All I've ever grown with is LEDs in DWC. This particular one is grown with bout 700watts of LEDs. 400 watts of that are my DIY LEDS. This is 9 weeks and 6 days of flowering. Started flopping all over the place a few weeks ago. Not bad for my make shift/ghetto grow room I quite literally slapped together lol

IMG 3746
40oz2fr33dom

40oz2fr33dom

I used everything in the cyco lineup except the cyco xl. I also used everything @ 1.5x whatever the schedule was imprinted on the inside of the pro platinum kit as far as gal(US) wise.
5 days before Xmas, I flushed with kleanse for 3 days, replaced with plain ph'd RO water for two days. The day after Xmas I replaced with mix @ reg strength according to inside of prokit box for three days. Lastly, I changed res with half assed ph'd RO water. Half assed meaning I put 7 drops of ph down in about 2.5 gals stirred it, said f**k it, and called it good. I've kept it like that till the present

40oz2fr33dom

40oz2fr33dom

Anyway I was gonna say hygrozymes are better for dwc and I was gifted supa sticky and kleanse from a local hydro store and I heard great things about ryzofuel so that's why I switched to cyco. I don't have a "feed" and "water" schedule anymore. I mix up the solution and change it once every 10-14 days. A lot simpler for me. Also the ryzofuel is phenomenal

40oz2fr33dom

40oz2fr33dom

If you notice some of the leaf tips look really burned and damaged. This was due to a nute lock out for a period of 3 days before I caught on to it. That's the only issue that I've had with cyco. You have to mix silica 1st then your "b" then your "a" & finally you can mix the remaining nutes in any order that you want.
I picked up how to mix up the nutes off of another post on another grow site. Glad I did

40oz2fr33dom

40oz2fr33dom

I used to go by 40z2fr33dom but I forgot my pw so I had to make a new acct. I have one grow posted on here already

fstate559

fstate559

Looks like you did well 40 oz! I used the cyco full line minus rizofuel and was stoked with results, my veg was happy the whole time and was impressed who clean my rez was. The smell and flavor beat my table I ran with h&g using big bud and overdrive but didn't get the weight I did with the advanced boosters but who knows that could have been me lol. Killer job on your grow man

40oz2fr33dom

40oz2fr33dom

I think what really made the plant come alive in flower, besides the nutes of corwas I literally trimmed off every single fan leaf on day 2 or 3 (can't remember since I lost my pix) of flower and again on day 21. Made the lady look awful and naked as shit but I swear by it. Don't be discouraged because you won't be disappointed. It's the 1st time I've ever done it. I know I'll do it for every grow from now on. I'm not afraid to experiment with my ladies. I research the shit out of anything before I try it to gain fore knowledge as to what I'm trying to achieve and how to logically go about it.

Next on my list is a pure dark schedule of 4 days with ice water which I'll post on another thread

fstate559

fstate559

I have used ice water to flush to bring out more color on purple strains the last 7 days but haven't completely defoliated to aggressively just bigger leaves blocking bud sites. I'll be watching your progress because this is one Im curious about. There's a grower on Instagram doing a side by side on this right now too

40oz2fr33dom

40oz2fr33dom

IMG 3757
Since u kinda have experience, do u leave the ice in the water or do u mix water with ice to get freezing water and then strain out the ice? That's the only clarity I need.
I have a little "purpling" going on a few of the tops from being in front of the ac unit.

Just rolled over into the new year. Happy new year and may everyone find prosperity wherever and however they journey this year!

IMG 3759
fstate559

fstate559

I have a 25 gal rez and I put a couple 2 liter frozen bottles of water to get my water temps real low and water with run off but if you put some ice cubes on your soil or coco it wont hurt either.

40oz2fr33dom

40oz2fr33dom

I do dwc. But I know to strain out the ice. Thx @fstate599

40oz2fr33dom

40oz2fr33dom

So in short, I did a full 5 day dark period with the lady. I had meant to do the dark period with ice water reservoir replacement every evening, but do to a busy work schedule I was only able to do it on the 3rd evening of the dark period.

40oz2fr33dom

40oz2fr33dom

Today around 900am when I woke up today, I felt the notion to switch the lights back on.
My theory behind this is the plant uses the remaining "stored energy" after being in the 5 day dark period. I tried it with my previous posted grow under the 40z2fr33dom profile on this site, and it very much seemed to work for me

40oz2fr33dom

40oz2fr33dom

IMG 4033
IMG 4030
I did notice that some new fresh lime green calyxes as well as a few new fresh white pistils have popped up since this morning from when I turned on the lights till the moment after the lights turned off, when I took these pix. I did notice some nice purpling of the leaves, probably mostly due to the a/c unit

IMG 4031
40oz2fr33dom

40oz2fr33dom

I got mixed up with the posts so I guess it's on here for now till I figure out how to move it lol

40oz2fr33dom

40oz2fr33dom

I also cut 1 of the lowest branches the previous day of the 5 day dark period and another on day 3 of the dark period after I changed the reservoir under the green light. Really stinky, earthy, flavorful, and REALLY potent. Can't wait to chop her down

Top Bottom