D/C hydro grow

• Thread starter BlueBerryMaster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BlueBerryMaster

Ok going start a log for you fellows on D/C growing. Yes i will be running lights off of nothing more then BATTERY JUICE! i KNOW GOING BE A DEEP subject here and alot of doulters HENSE" to why this log will and is intended to PROVE you can run those power robbing lights of nothing more then D/C power no GENARATOR. Now before anyone goes thinking you will be able to just go grab some old car battery and inverter and start running HID lights. YOU WILL HIT A BREAK WALL without the BASIC know hows and that's why i'm here to show and grow a D/C powerd HID grow. You will be seeing 6-600 watt diggys on this log here ran by D/C power. Here what we be working with.

4x8 hydro tables {EBB & FLOW} 70 gallon rezs.
6-600 dig
Sealed Co2 gen. room 13x30
8in SCRUBBER & 4in SCRUBBER
3-sine wave inverters
3-Iota battery chargers
36- DEEP cycle AGM solar BATTERY {208Amh each.}
1- 18in. wall fan
Nutes- ADVANCED NUTRIENTS
1-15000 btu A/C unit
2-6ft. light tracks

So let's begin the journey of a new tommorrow and see what we can produce with D/C power grow.

rocking_011.jpg

rocking_010.jpg

rocking_008.jpg
rocking_008.jpg
rocking_007.jpg
rocking_003.jpg
good_035.jpg
good_023.jpg
good_033.jpg
good_020.jpg
good_017.jpg
DC.jpg

B

BlueBerryMaster

Also here another note I'm not BIG DOG my grows are personal not BORROWED! This grow is for personal not COMMERICAL! So if your a big wig borrower this grow not for you but if you an average joe as most then this is how you can do it WITHOUT electric?

M

Malachi

how much does that setup cost (inverters, batteries and chargers)? and is the batteries and the inverter going to stay on the floor?

B

BlueBerryMaster

It's like $1200 for the 4 battery ,inverter and charger. It will run 1-600 for 12 hours. Don't forget its got be a DEEP CYCLE AGM battery....with min of 108 AmH.

B

BlueBerryMaster

how much does that setup cost (inverters, batteries and chargers)? and is the batteries and the inverter going to stay on the floor?

Yes battery stay on floor with plywood under them but they are not in flower room. Those was just sitting there through the test runs.

D

DazedNconfussed

How do you recharge the batteries (meaning where do the battery charges get their power from), and is it cheaper to keep rechargeing the batteries then just to have the lights plugged into the grid? I mean it has to cost quite a bit to keep 36 batteries charged dont it?

M

Malachi

i read the chargers you run use 45 amps each, how many watts are they?

B

BlueBerryMaster

How do you recharge the batteries (meaning where do the battery charges get their power from), and is it cheaper to keep rechargeing the batteries then just to have the lights plugged into the grid? I mean it has to cost quite a bit to keep 36 batteries charged dont it?

I guess it would depend where you live on what it would cost to run a 600. Around my way it's like 28.00 a month for 12h days. Now that's not much but going and putting 6-600 on your grid YOU TALKING LIKE 150.00 more a month AND THATS JUST THE LIGHTS RUNNING not including the carbon scrubbers, exaust intake, A/C, light movers, hydro pumps, air pumps, controllers, fans etc. Then you got mother rooms/cloning theres another atleast 1 hid or T-5 running there so that atleast 18hrs of hid or T5 draining eclectric there. Plus what ever you may have in there like FANS or what ever it may be. ALL THAT STUFF ADDS UP. What i'm getting at is you can run a much larger op under rader WAYYYYYYY safer running D/C with a thrid of the electric cost meaning if you not med grower YOU GOTTA WORRY ABOUT THOSE ELECTRIC BILLS!! This way is the way WITHOUT A DOULT done ran and succeeded now its up here to show. Those chargers are ran off grid YES" but only 3rd of electricity if that is used to run ALL YOUR lighting needs up to 600's. Every one seems to think a BATTERY CHARGER will run more electric then a 600w hid.....THATS INSANE and wrong not even a third is used COMPARED TO A 600 ON GRID!!!!! This setup is for "under rader" to run way more lights without ELECTRIC DETECTION!!! So everyone please don't get comfussed THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO MAJOR GROWS like 1000watters and crap but it is the way to many pounds SAFER and effective!!! Plus POUND for POUND the 600 PRODUCES MORE LUMENS then that robbing 1000. So if you not growing MONSTERS you dont need them. 600's with 4ft hoods will rock the shit out of clones......PERIOD and this setup runs 600 no problems WITHOUT ROBBING ELECTRIC....

B

BlueBerryMaster

i read the chargers you run use 45 amps each, how many watts are they?

OH MY if the was pulling 45amps each charger I BE IN TROUBLE cause they running on 20amp breakers.....lol dunno where you read that but it's wrong!! It's more like they pull 6amps each times 3 thats 18amps TOTAL. To run 6-600 . 600 amp average is 6.9 X that by 6 you get like 42 amps puller there. My way much cheaper after intial setup and under rader way SAFER D/C power BROTHERSSS

B

BlueBerryMaster

The watts is NOT IMPORTANT only if its used to invert A/C to D/C then it would be 1300w. WHICH in this case it is not inverting it is only charging. Also note that I use stand alone SINE WAVE INVERTERS not the chargers inverter.IT IS ONLY HERE TO CHARGE NOT INVERT and the amps i may have spoke of would been the OUTPUT of the chargers to the batteries which is 75 amps not 45. Although we do have 30amp, 45amp and 75 amp OUTPUT chargers we are using 75 here for much quicker charging

B

BlueBerryMaster

Something is not right here. You can't just create power...

Why can't you? Ever heard of solar or Wind turbine gen. or D/C power? Is any of what i listed not produce power? So what's not right? Do your homework before judgeing ALL THAT HAS DOULTS will no longer...but it takes that step to get there and once you do then all you illegal growers WILL THXS ME for this....... ;] So just stay tuned and learn something!!

lollipopman

lollipopman

you got pm bbm, i totally know what your saying, been thinking about doing this awhile ago even came up with a charging system with no power....

SmokinDogCujo

SmokinDogCujo

Premium Member
Supporter
You've grabbed my attention!! Very interested in following this.

Grow Safe

SDC

S

sirsmokealot

you should get some solar panel's in your room and use the 600's as your light source to charge your batteries and your good to go! So the battery is powering the lights and the lights are charging the battery...J/k but neat set-up

B

BlueBerryMaster

Things moving right along room done and things are CRACKING!!!! Here a pic ofthe A/C unit used it has it's own 4inch flex pipe on back to exuast heat out.
folo_041.JPG
folo_032.JPG
folo_031.JPG
folo_036.JPG
folo_037.JPG
folo_034.JPG
folo_035.JPG

B

BlueBerryMaster

Week: 2, 70gal. rez feed

Sensi A+B - 10oz each
Bud Candy - 5oz
Bud Ignitor - 5oz
B-52 - 5oz
Mother Earth Tea - 5oz
Sensizin - 5oz
Hammer Head - 2.5oz

Room Temp-80-83 degrees
Room Humidity-58%to 61%
PPM-795
PH-5.6-5.8
Water Temp-68-71 degrees
Co2-1350ppm

N

noone88

This post is great.

Are you charging your batteries in a separate location and then bringing them over to the grow area?

Can you provide models numbers for the items that you're using?

http://www.iotaengineering.com/index.htm
Are you using the DLS-75?

I think you're using that to convert DC to AC for the ballasts.

If you could do a step-by-step, this would revolutionize small growers like how doubleds system revolutionized vert/dwc grows..

B

BlueBerryMaster

This post is great.

Are you charging your batteries in a separate location and then bringing them over to the grow area?

Can you provide models numbers for the items that you're using?

http://www.iotaengineering.com/index.htm
Are you using the DLS-75?

I think you're using that to convert DC to AC for the ballasts.

If you could do a step-by-step, this would revolutionize small growers like how doubleds system revolutionized vert/dwc grows..

No we are not moving battery! They weigh like 75lbs each. We have 3ft zero gauge wire running through to the inverter from the battery banks. Plus so ever one not confussed THE CHARGERS are only TEMP until SOLAR PANELS are built up then they will only be back up for cloudy days. It takes 1-125w panel per battery to charge. We are building our own solar panels so it going take time with error i'm sure. This is still in testing that's why it's not in FULL DETAIL but any questions one might have SHOOT AWAY......Plus the inverter you got pasted YES" thats it but $100.00 more then we payed EBAY" $199.99 go there and the Iota chargers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom