"Damaged" leaves since day 1. Anything I can do?

• Thread starter CannaDamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaDamus

CannaDamus

Specs:
  • 3x Auto Mazar - (2 on day 33, 1 on day 26)
  • 5gallon pots, BioBizz organic soil/nutes

Problem:

• I planted 3 seeds of same variety.
  • I'm doing soil/nutrient comparisons between them. So, their medium is slightly different.
  • One of the phenos has shown some damaged on bigger/older leaves since day 1.

Damaged leaves since day 1 anything i can do 3
Is there anything I can/should do about it? Spots are getting brown (like rust).

Damaged leaves since day 1 anything i can do 2

But overall plants are fine! Others also show a bit of it, but noticeably less. It definitely seems something on this variety.

Damaged leaves since day 1 anything i can do 4

Damaged leaves since day 1 anything i can do

CannaDamus

CannaDamus

What's your environment like, Rh/temps? Looks like a VPD issue. Possibly water stress.
I'm actually running some VPD issues right now. High temperatures.

But that plants has those since the first fan leaves. And VPD was perfect at that time.

Can't be just something on this genetics?

CannaDamus

CannaDamus

Could be mutation on that first pic, but it really looks like environment/watering issues to me.
Ok. Yeah, it might be. I don't have a perfect controlled environment.

In terms of watering, what can it be?
I've been waiting the pots to really dry out (get light weight), before watering.

In these 33 days I've just watered like 3 times. Yes, they take 7-10 days to dry out and ask for water.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

The pots need to be lifted off the saucer somehow. They arent drying out quickly enough because the bottom of the pot isn't exposed to the air.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

The roots need a proper wet/dry cycle. The dry cycle is very important because the roots need oxygen. Ideally you water 1-2 times a week in good draining soil, proper size pot. Your plants' roots are sitting in water for a week or more at a time, drowning.

Last edited:
CannaDamus

CannaDamus

The pots need to be lifted off the saucer somehow. They arent drying out quickly enough because the bottom of the pot isn't exposed to the air.
Yeah, that's definitely a good tip. I actually already though about it, but didn't find a good/cheap way to do it. Have to look around.

CannaDamus

CannaDamus

I agree could also be a cal or a mag issue if he’s under good LED lights
It's under 300w LM301H LED.

But it's hard to believe it is the issue, or even cal/mag.

Her first pair of leaves grew already with this issue..
(I can post pics of her first days on Monday)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

High temps or windburn and guessing low humidity?

You cannot fix old damage so just remove those bottom leaves. Get your environment in a better spot and it should stop

PulsePeet

PulsePeet

Supporter
I'm actually running some VPD issues right now. High temperatures.

But that plants has those since the first fan leaves. And VPD was perfect at that time.

Can't be just something on this genetics?
What was your VPD? Did you use your leaf temps to calculate it?

Top Bottom