Damien's Photo Grow: Malawi X Panama Edition

• Thread starter damien50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Romeleo

Romeleo

I'm possible going to veg for another two weeks or until I believe they will fill my scrog net. There's one that germmed late and I'm actively restricting their height so I don't know yet. They've grow A lot in just this week so I'm hoping they gain more since my training is producing A lot of colas and at some point I'll be wanting more height

Oh ok so all together 4 weeks.hell yeah doing goodkeep it up.

damien50

damien50

Day 15
Coco coir - 880ppm/6.0 ph
Liquid Karma/Pure Blend Pro Hydro/CaliMagic
77-884f Leaf Surface Temp
70-77% RH
16700lux/300 PPFD 3000k Average
12" Light Height
18/6

I went ahead and threw the net in because they were getting and I couldn't get enough lights into the twins. The runt was just moved to the side until it grows or the other 5 out grow the need for the sixth plant. I'll probably just let it flower on the same schedule and possibly over fill or under fill the tent.

I set the scrog with the intent to cut as few lower branches as possible so that I would have enough for monster cropping. Never done a scruff so I intend to mess up

IMG 20190330 185210218
IMG 20190330 185207309
IMG 20190330 185203846
IMG 20190330 185200721
IMG 20190330 185155507
IMG 20190330 185135471

damien50

damien50

Day 23
77-81f Leaf Surface Temp
70-72% RH
22000~lux/400~ PPFD 3000k Average
18" Light Height
18/6

The small one in the front is probably going to be used for monster cropping but I haven't entirely decided because I'm going to change the schedule next week.

Not really in the mood to wait longer than 30 days to veg so I'm just not. Ace claims this to be a high yielder... I'll copy that over. So according to ace I shouldn't expect a lot of height but a lot of branching which has happened. I don't have much today.

From Ace:

Malawi and Panama are probably the 2 best and most highly worked sativas in our catalog.
Malawi x Panama is a a straight hybrid between the Old Malawi Killer, and the more refined Panama parental plants from latest generations, creating a 100% sativa F1 hybrid that combines excellent sativa genetics from Central Africa and America.

In this F1, Malawi dominates with its structure and character, producing vigorous and high yielding sativas, which bring to the limit the best floral qualities of the killer Malawis: ultra resinous plants with huge trichomes, of very dense, resinous flowers of overpowering effect, where Panama contributes to the hybrid with its elaborated and complex lemony and incensey terpene profile.

The effect is complex, trippy, crazy and introverted. Very deep and long lasting, both mentally and physically. Only for the harder and more experienced sativa travelers. Malawi x Panama produces consistently THC concentrations between 21 and 26%, and one of the most potent sativa alchemies.

TipoF1 HYBRIDFormatFeminizedSativa / Indica ratio100 % sativaTHC21-26 %CBD0.2 %CBG1.1 %Flowering indoors11-12 weeksFlowering outdoorsEnd of October / Early NovemberYieldHighResistance against spider mitesAverage-HighResistance against powder mildewAverage-HighResistance against botrytisAverage-HighResistance against white flyAverage-HighResistance against coldAverage-HighResistance against heatHighLatitude0º-43º

Genetics
Old Malawi Killer crossed with our best Panama parental plants from latest generations.StructurePure sativa structure, vigorous and branchy, yet easy to handle, without excessive stretching.BouquetThe Malawi resinous, oily, spicy and woody aromas dominate in this F1 hybrid, with lemony and incensey touches from Panama.HighComplex, trippy, introverted effect of overpowering strength. Very long lasting and deep, mentally and physically.

Terpene profile
Complex and rich terpene profile in both monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes. It mainly contains the following monoterpenes: high amounts of alpha pinene (30%) and terpinolene (30%), moderate quantities of beta pinene (17 %), limonene (10 %) and beta myrcene (8 %), and smaller amounts of trans ocimene and delta 3 carene. Sesquiterpenes: Mainly beta caryophyllene (30 %) with smaller equitable amounts of guaiol, trans nerolidol and alpha humelene (12-15 % each).

Growing Tips It can easily be grown indoors, where we recommend uniform warm temps of 24-27ºC and strong light intensity. This sativa is highly recommended for SCROG, horizontal or network growing due to its excellent production of lateral branches and its vigorous reaction to pruning. Outdoors it can be grown up to latitude 43º.

We recommend soft-moderate NPK levels for the growing stage (being careful with the nitrogen), then increase the feeding to moderate-high levels of nutrients for the flowering.

Pure sativa plants, but without excessive stretching in early flowering. Although the vigor of these pure sativa hybrids should never be underrated: ventilation, light intensity and space requirements should be properly planned when females begin to stretch at the beginning of flowering.

Since 2013 we have been testing different F1s hybrids and different genetic combinations among elite parents between Malawi and Panama, in order to find hybrids that combine and improve the excellent qualities that these excellent sativas already have, increasing in these new F1s hybrids even more the vigor, ease of cultivation, potency, resin production, complexity of effects and terpenes, versatility and better acceptance of nutrients.

IMG 20190406 140314426

Funk junky

Funk junky

There’s a guy on here that done the Panama x Malawi was quite impressive

Funk junky

Funk junky

Always thought of doing a Scrog, think in my space I’d have to use Those ones attached to pots. My tent almost fills small room it’s in. And I’ve had problems with my neighbour so gotta keep it on down low.
This means working inside the tent. I hand water as organic and reservoir would be out of question where I am at the moment. But when I’m growing it is a labour of love and where there’s a will there’s a way lol

damien50

damien50

Always thought of doing a Scrog, think in my space I’d have to use Those ones attached to pots. My tent almost fills small room it’s in. And I’ve had problems with my neighbour so gotta keep it on down low.
This means working inside the tent. I hand water as organic and reservoir would be out of question where I am at the moment. But when I’m growing it is a labour of love and where there’s a will there’s a way lol

That's unfortunate as I switched to coco because I hate hand watering. I only grew autos before and this will be my first pure sativa so I wanted to get as much as I can out of it. I'm enjoying the scrog though. I wish I had a suggestion for your situation

Funk junky

Funk junky

Yeah I probably won’t live there forever so might try scrog when I move on. It’s the only room I can use and is not big enough to to get enter through the side hatches.
So for now I’ll just do what I can when I can.

gwheels

gwheels

I'm possible going to veg for another two weeks or until I believe they will fill my scrog net. There's one that germmed late and I'm actively restricting their height so I don't know yet. They've grow A lot in just this week so I'm hoping they gain more since my training is producing A lot of colas and at some point I'll be wanting more height
It will stretch pretty good when you flip. Leave about 30% free to fill up in the first 2 stretchy weeks.

And coco is the best. It is simple and once you figure out the right amount of calmag or mag to add it works really well.

Last edited:
Funk junky

Funk junky

They have put a lot of work into making them workable for indoor. I would say mostly by selective breeding rather than adding indica I would think?
I’ve got a lot of time for ace there a bunch of conservationists. A lot of there ethos is about not letting these genetics get lost and keeping large gene pools to avoid genetic bottlenecking.
You should check out the guys reverse cross grow (Panama x Malawi) the more manageable of the two and shorter flowering. But totally manageable indoor sativa.
If I hadn’t seen thread and decided to grow this strain I think I would have ended up with dwarfs as would have flipped early to combat height.

damien50

damien50

They have put a lot of work into making them workable for indoor. I would say mostly by selective breeding rather than adding indica I would think?
I’ve got a lot of time for ace there a bunch of conservationists. A lot of there ethos is about not letting these genetics get lost and keeping large gene pools to avoid genetic bottlenecking.
You should check out the guys reverse cross grow (Panama x Malawi) the more manageable of the two and shorter flowering. But totally manageable indoor sativa.
If I hadn’t seen thread and decided to grow this strain I think I would have ended up with dwarfs as would have flipped early to combat height.

This is why I went with them. I'm not horticultural but the constant cross breeding of hybrids off of hybrids felt wrong and I wanted that loud that my uncle's could pull up in a parking lot and start smoking and you knew it was something good. Now it just seems like it's about bag appeal and big hard nugs. I've been looking at cannabiogen too but I really vibe with Ace and their approach to weed.

I think this strain is Old Malawi Killer crossed with Panama Red for a pure sativa hybrid. This has been my favorite grow so far with no issues and explosive growth. I'm keeping clones and eventuality a mother of this because I think I'm going to love it.

Thanks for stopping in btw. I'm not a good grower so just seeing people follow is nice

Phylex

Phylex

Day 14
77-884f Leaf Surface Temp
70-77% RH
16700lux/300 PPFD 3000k Average
12" Light Height
18/6

The training has paid off for most part. I've pony tailed a few of the main stems that didn't want to stay down. I did discover that these stems are much easier to break and I split every single stem lol.

They have gotten bushy and their heights have between lowered significantly. The amazing thing has been that on one of the broken stems, I almost completely broke but it recovered so quickly and continued to produce growth.

The runt is on its 3rd node relatively short and I'll be holding off on fimming it or training it for another week or so. I don't know if a 4 week veg is going to fill my net so two more weeks to go

View attachment 863720 View attachment 863721 View attachment 863722 View attachment 863723 View attachment 863724 View attachment 863725 View attachment 863726 View attachment 863727 View attachment 863728 View attachment 863729 View attachment 863730
Pic number 9 looks like there's a little face or a skull growing out of the stalk. Unless I'm just too baked right now.

Top Bottom