Dank Labs The Next Generation.

• Thread starter Dr.Dankz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Howdy Boys and Girls of the Farm.
This will be Day 5 of my Flower cycle on this batch of girls.

I felt it was time to begin a new thread to start the new flower cycle with.

This round I am trying a lot of new things. I hope we all will learn and grow with some of the changes I have made for this round. In these photos you will see I have 7 plants nearly filling my entire 5X6 area however they are much shorter than in the previous run. They have about 8 weeks of veg time on them compared to about 5 weeks in the first round. I have found its best to keep the height on lock down and keep everything close. I use pipe cleaners and masons line to keep everything tied down and as close to and even canopy as I am able to do. I will keep this up until around day 19-24 depending on when they tell me to leave them alone.

I have two strains going in this round 6 Querkles clones from my seed plants in round one, and 1 Apollo 13-BX from my good friend S.I.R.

In this round I will not be feeding any nutrients at any time. I have changed to a personal super soil mix very close to the one used by Subcool. ( the formula is in my first grow log. I will be giving them a very gentle supplement of molasses 2 tablespoons per 5 gallons of water every other watering. I have changed to tap water ph 6.9 -7.1 from the tap then ph adjusted to 6.4 last grow I was cal mag deficient using RO or Distilled. My water is kept in a 36 gallon res with the lid off for 24 hours and a big air pump and air stone running all the time. They are currently in 3 or 5 gallon pots and will be moving into 10 gallon pots on Tuesday.

I have introduced about 400 lady bugs to the garden also as a natural pest preventer. I have been battling spider mites for weeks now. Well that's a good place to begin let me know what you think. I always welcome comments suggestions or anything you have to offer of value. I do prefer to keep it fun and positive. Stay tuned and enjoy the show. Not able to upload photos at this time for some odd reason.

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

here's the girls finally still working on why photos don't work. I took my pots out of the plastic saucers and went instead to a 1 inch thick wood panel under them. The last photo is focused on my Apollo

P9050289 800x455
P9050291 800x599
S

StrikeitRich

Good to see u made a safe landing.

Hope the Va Kay went well.

I luve me some lady bugs. they sure are some hungry things.

srry to hear the mites are still on the loose.

Cant wait to see the improvements from last go, to this one.

Peace,
S i R

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Good to see u made a safe landing.

Hope the Va Kay went well.

I luve me some lady bugs. they sure are some hungry things.

srry to hear the mites are still on the loose.

Cant wait to see the improvements from last go, to this one.

Peace,
S i R

Hey Brother ,
I did make it back safe and sound. Lost my computer a couple days after getting back. The changes wont be very visual but I think they will be a big step in the results area. I got just a touch over 4 zips per plant off the first round.
Bigger pots and no food is the biggest improvement to me. However I did add a nifty 200 dollar CO2 Controller. I think I figured out whats wrong my photos are just to big working on re-sized ones now. Here is one of my little helpers now these ladies are the bomb.

P9050295 800x600
ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
whats strains are u running??

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

DO WORK LITTLE BUGS! lol

I fully Agree if they dont I will send in the spiders :animal0012:

whats strains are u running??

Howdy PG,
Thanks for stopping by my little grow here. I am currently running Querkle x6 and one Apollo 13-BX both from TGA Subcool. Querkle are cuts taken from my original seed plants and Apollo is a cut from a good friend.

Builtaforest

Builtaforest

Not sure if Mighty Wash is organic or not, but it is a completely new method of killing them (if it works, have not tried).

Floramite SC is a pesticide and will work.

I never understand why it's even an issue if something is organic or not. I will admit organics have their advantages in growing, but the principle has just been taken too far imo in that it even becomes a deciding factor lol.

Organic route: continue what you are doing, spraying prob 3rd week in at the latest, then what? hope you did it? You still have 5 weeks of hell ahead of you and you will still be frantically spraying them (though you wont be able to admit it to yourself or your patients)

Evil non-organic route: Spray with Floramite SC, spray again 3 days later to make sure you hit everything. Done

Non-organic buds for me ty :)

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Not sure if Mighty Wash is organic or not, but it is a completely new method of killing them (if it works, have not tried).

Floramite SC is a pesticide and will work.

I never understand why it's even an issue if something is organic or not. I will admit organics have their advantages in growing, but the principle has just been taken too far imo in that it even becomes a deciding factor lol.

Organic route: continue what you are doing, spraying prob 3rd week in at the latest, then what? hope you did it? You still have 5 weeks of hell ahead of you and you will still be frantically spraying them (though you wont be able to admit it to yourself or your patients)

Evil non-organic route: Spray with Floramite SC, spray again 3 days later to make sure you hit everything. Done

Non-organic buds for me ty :)

It does work and is pretty much just water, so it should be considered "organic"...

Have the whole line, only using this product, if they're persistent little fuckers than you may need to reapply as with neem. BUT it seems to kill the little shits an stop em dead in their tracks!

S

StrikeitRich

When dealing with the spider mites id say semi nuke the bastards. I like staying organic and i also like to use nature to do the process for us, but since uve been dealing with these bastards for over what 2 months. I say nuke em bro.

again my .02 on ur exact situation. I would hate to see em escape into ur flowering room while running away from the regular organic methods.

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Okay I agree I am ordering Floramite SC tomorrow morning for the bargin price of 66 dollars per 4 oz bottle.

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Since the release of mass amounts of lady bugs I am not able to find any spider mites or any spider mite eggs. Now I am in a dilemma what to do...

S

StrikeitRich

lol.

LadieBuggies +1
Mites +0

Lets hope they stay away this time and keep them lady buggs around. If u still are getting that stuff id say use it on the room and then Clean with bleach ur entire Veg area. Make sure there is no debris or anything for them bastards to hide on. And Douse that shit. Just not the plants or ladybugs.

Peace,
S i R

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

The lady bugs are laying eggs in mass. So I think they are encamping my grow rooms. Its time to go water and keep hunting I want to be sure those nasty things get gone for good. I think I will neem oil them again.

S

StrikeitRich

The lady bugs are laying eggs in mass. So I think they are encamping my grow rooms. Its time to go water and keep hunting I want to be sure those nasty things get gone for good. I think I will neem oil them again.

SWEEETTT!

Great News for u.

Builtaforest

Builtaforest

Dankz, I personally would still hit the garden at least once with the stuff. Peace of mind can never come too cheaply...

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Howdy Builtaforest,
I agree with you I have hit them once yesterday with mighty wash. They will be getting the same treatment again tomorrow. I am just a bit to short of cash for the floromite I will be ordering it Monday even if they come off clean after 2 rounds of the mighty wash they are getting one shot of the other I don't wanna even see a mite in my flower room after Friday next week I will have to leave them alone at that point.

Top Bottom