Dark Green Leaves.. Or Not?

• Thread starter Wonderwaffle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wonderwaffle

Wonderwaffle

I'll likely transplant it into some Ocean Forest. Will admit that it not working how I like it is making me finicky, and I may end up stressing it more in the process, rip.

justiceman

justiceman

Oh ok I see what you are saying. Typically soil mixes have enough food to last at least 2-3 weeks work of vigorous growth but your mileage varies depending on the ingredients and their concentration. Anyway if she spent a bunch of time by the window sill there are probably still nutrients left inside the soil and that's why she's so green right now.

Not to worry she's still definitely doing fine and can grow well from here on out. Just make sure to not overwater her so she can breathe, and back off on the nutrients. Just plain water for now.

FFOF is good stuff. If you end up transplanting into that in the future remember that by doing so you will increase the amount of nutrition again so you'll have to wait longer to use nutrients. Makes it nice and easy.:)

Wonderwaffle

Wonderwaffle

Oh ok I see what you are saying. Typically soil mixes have enough food to last at least 2-3 weeks work of vigorous growth but your mileage varies depending on the ingredients and their concentration. Anyway if she spent a bunch of time by the window sill there are probably still nutrients left inside the soil and that's why she's so green right now.

Not to worry she's still definitely doing fine and can grow well from here on out. Just make sure to not overwater her so she can breathe, and back off on the nutrients. Just plain water for now.

FFOF is good stuff. If you end up transplanting into that in the future remember that by doing so you will increase the amount of nutrition again so you'll have to wait longer to use nutrients. Makes it nice and easy.:)

2017 04 02 23 31 34 820

Yeah she's no longer touching sun. Full on sufficient levels of artificial light now.

Here's a more a recent photo from a few hours ago. The leaves have definitely curled more, but I guess I'll give it some time. Appreciate all your help.

Wonderwaffle

Wonderwaffle

Ha probs my dude. So the aluminum sulfate worked once and then stopped working ? How does the plant look now?
this photo was within the hour. (On a timelapse)
Yes that's a tomato plant.
I cut off the necrotic leaves the day before I posted so they pretty much look fine other than the tips.
Ph is actually about 7 now. I'd like it lower but I'll probably transplant it into some Ocean Forest here soon and I hope that will make it better.

2017 04 04 19 38 37 375
Last edited:
Tat2420

Tat2420

Looks like it needs better light. More water and possibly someway to raise humidity a bit. Also check the ph of your soil.
Aluminum foil tends to heat the grow area a bit much in my opinion and unevenly. No evidence just my opinion. I use emergency blankets.
But honestly, I would get better lighting and give her a drink

Wonderwaffle

Wonderwaffle

Looks like it needs better light. More water and possibly someway to raise humidity a bit. Also check the ph of your soil.
Aluminum foil tends to heat the grow area a bit much in my opinion and unevenly. No evidence just my opinion. I use emergency blankets.
But honestly, I would get better lighting and give her a drink

Read the thread fam. Not trying to be a dick but you'd understand better and could give advice accordingly.

As for heat, you'll see in on the thermostat it's not overwhelmingly hot, though I'm not too sure the perfect temps these guys like it. My temp gun says the top of the plant is about 81F

Last edited:
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
White paint or a grow tent is the best
75F day
65 to 70 night are ideal temps, 81 is a bit high but not too bad
As long as it doesnt get to 90 and stay there...

Wonderwaffle

Wonderwaffle

White paint or a grow tent is the best
75F day
65 to 70 night are ideal temps, 81 is a bit high but not too bad
As long as it doesnt get to 90 and stay there...
I read 86 was the tipping point, and it's certainly never been anywhere near mid 80s.
Night time it's about low 70s, currently 68.
I spent $4 on this grow box though. This is straight budget build.

TheRemer

TheRemer

I read 86 was the tipping point, and it's certainly never been anywhere near mid 80s.
Night time it's about low 70s, currently 68.
I spent $4 on this grow box though. This is straight budget build.
Tin foil and an oscillating fan is all I got, I made card board panels to direct the light where need be. Seems to be enough for the under sides. I hope for the best for your baby girl.

Latest posts

Top Bottom