Dark Heart Ken's GDP Grow Tent Project

• Thread starter Dahntu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dahntu

Dahntu

Hey guys and gals,

As I mentioned in a previous thread, ( https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/hey-guys-and-gals.56519/ ) I have a little grow tent project going for a class that I teach, and we thought it would be cool to show everyone our project as well as progress.

Here’s a spec list of what we're using:

-4x4x6’.5” grow tent
-400 Watt HPS with 6” Buster XL Hood (Originally were doing 600, but switched to 400 since it’s just for demonstration/class purposes)
-1.5 Gallon White Square pots filled with Coco Coir (Top Feeding)
- Advanced Nutrients 3 Part (Grow – Micro – Bloom)
- Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy
-Advanced B-52
-Advanced Big Bug
-Advanced Overdrive
-Great White
-H2O2
- Dark Heart Nursery Ken’s GDP Clones (6)
-Eva-Dry Dehumidifier (Medium Size)
-3 Honeywell White Fans
-6” Carbon Scrubber (450 CFM going out of tent, 150CFM of fresh air coming into tent via fan and HEPA filter)
-Smallboy Water Filter
-AzaMax (As a natural pesticide, sprayed until week 2)

Nutrient Schedule is:
Week 1: G/M/B (12ml per gallon of each), Big Bug (5ml/g), Bud Candy( 5ml/g) (1250ppm)
Week 2: G/M/B (12ml per gallon of each), Big Bug (5ml/g) Bud Candy (5ml/g)
Week 3: G/M/B (12ml per gallon of each), Big Bug (5ml/g), Bud Candy (5ml/g), B-52 (5ml/g)
Week 4: G/M/B (12ml per gallon of each), Big Bug (5ml/g), Bud Candy (5ml/g), B-52 (5ml/g)
Week 5: G/M/B (12ml per gallon of each), Big Bug (3ml/g), Bud Candy (5ml/g), B-52 (5ml/g), Overdrive 5ml/g
Week 6: G/M/B (12ml per gallon of each), Big Bug (3ml/g), Bud Candy (5ml/g), B-52 (5ml/g), Overdrive (5ml/g)
Week 7: Flush
Week 8: Flush
(G/M/B = Grow/Micro/Bloom)

We vegged our clones for 5 weeks using the advanced nutrient 3 part system as well as great white as a root inoculant.

As you can see from the picture, the roots were very healthy and ready to take off. We transplanted them into 1.5 gallon pots with Coco Coir, and flipped them last Friday.

Here they are at week 1, 3 days into their flower cycle. Looks like I’ll probably have to remove one or two of them as they grow, I’ll keep you guys updated with everything that’s done.

That's it for now, I'll be happy to answer any questions you guys might have. :)

-

Rootscropped
Week1cropcircle
vaporedout

vaporedout

still shootin for over 1lb a plant with the 400? did you veg for 5 weeks also with the 600 last time?

Dahntu

Dahntu

I don't anticipate getting 1lb with a 400watt. We vegged them at 300watts with an adjustable ballast (I always veg with 200w-300wHPS). I raised it to 400 watts a few days prior to the flip for flower (This is where I typically switch to 600, but in this instance we're using a 400)

Hopefully we can yield over a half a lb this round with the 400.

Dahntu

Dahntu

Hey guys,

a little update... We originally started with 6 plants, but dwindled down to 4 since they got too big for the tent basically. As you can see from the pics, the plants are budding and doing well. The light is only a 400watts, so I don't expect huge buds, but we're still hoping for a nice half pound of really high testing buds.

This is 13 days into flowering:

Here are shots of the lower canopy as well as the top of the canopy.

Lowercanopyday13
Topofcanopyday13
Reactions: Luc
Luc

Luc

Hi Dahntu

Looking good. I'll expect to see more fine pics as the grow flowers.

Luc

Dahntu

Dahntu

Thanks Luc!

I'll keep you updated as we go.

An update: I just started introducing B-52 into the nutrient mix. I typically only use B-52 from week 3-6. 5ml per gallon. That's on top of the Base nutrient regiment (Grow, Micro, Bloom), as well as Bud Candy, and Big Bud.

Dahntu

Dahntu

Hey everyone,

the girls are doing great, the buds forming nicely, and the plants are beasts. Here's a shot nearing the end of week 3 into flowering (couple days ago).

PPM's going in are 1350, and about 1550 going out, so I'll be doing a flush coming up near the end of week 4 (week away), this gets all the old salt build-up out of the coco, and then you can replenish with a fresh nutrient mix immediately after the flush.

When I flush I like to use the 3-1 rule, where if you had a 1 gallon pot, you would run 3 gallons of plain water through it to flush out the old nutes and salt build up.

20130704 133400
P

paulycali

Hopefully we can yield over a half a lb this round with the 400.[/quote]

It's possible for sure. You can actually achieve up to 400 grams if everything is utilized properly. Sometimes more. A gram per watt is what that would come to and what most growers look to achieve. So if hit that 400 mark then congrats. You've done your homework. Good luck and i hope for the best :)

Dahntu

Dahntu

Indeed, if this were a high yielding strain I'd expect to get near 400, but with Ken's GDP (which is the highest yielding of the GDP's), it's a fairly low yielder, but the quality of the flowers is amazing. I love Ken's GDP! :-D

Thanks for the wishes! :)

P

paulycali

Indeed, if this were a high yielding strain I'd expect to get near 400, but with Ken's GDP (which is the highest yielding of the GDP's), it's a fairly low yielder, but the quality of the flowers is amazing. I love Ken's GDP! :-D

Thanks for the wishes! :)

You'd be surprised! I just ran her for the first time and she yielded quite heavy. They came from the GDP collective not sure if the DH ones are different. I think i vegged them for like 2 weeks max and with a little topping and LST i was able to get about 2 ounces off each. They were about 2 ft tall when finished

Have you ever ran her before? I think you might have said you did. Anyways with that 5 week veg i think you'll hit that 400 watt mark. We'll see. Looking forward to seeing how they turn out

Dahntu

Dahntu

Hey guys,

I just realized I made a pretty silly mistake in listing the nutrients... Instead of listing "Big bud", I wrote "Big bug", lol. We def don't want "big bugs" on our plants. It's obviously supposed to read "Big Bud".

:p

MrBlazeAlot

MrBlazeAlot

Love the fact that you chose coco (my fav). Seems there's a reason you are teaching a class, all is done by the book as it seems. Personally I would love to see a little more manicuring on the lower part of the plants but meh who finds it easy to cut his girls when they are not mature yet, plus its up to personal preferences.. I'm eager to see how much would you come up with at the end with those beauties. Good luck with the grow, and also good luck to your students we need more fine farmers around!

Dahntu

Dahntu

I totally agree, these could have been lollipopped a bit more prior to the flip, I didn't anticipate them getting as bushy as they got (was originally supposed to veg for 2-3 weeks and flower 6 plants, but due to schedule conflicts, I had to veg them for an extra couple of weeks, they got a little bigger than I normally would have wanted, which is why we now have 4 plants instead of 6.

Thanks for the kind feedback. :)

Dahntu

Dahntu

Hey everyone, I took a couple shots yesterday (first day of week 5 of flowering), I thought I'd share them with ya.

Also, as I discussed in class, I started introducing Overdrive (By advanced nutrients) into my nutrient mix, and will be cutting out the big bud. Overdrive gives your plant the oomph it needs to get over the week 4-5 hump. I've seen some really nice gains with this product so I'd def recommend it.

CropCircleWeek5
CropCircleWeek5BudClose
R

Rajesh Desai

So beautiful....

The class has been extremely helpful. I also appreciate the detailed documentation on this forum

Although not as lush as the crop circle grow, my first indoor grow is coming along nicely. Many thanks.

Quick newbie question - I water with 5.9 ph water. The runoff water has a ph of 5.5. What adjustments should I make? Thanks in advance!

Dahntu

Dahntu

Hello Rajesh,

Thanks for the kind words!

If your runoff is coming out at 5.5, it's best to adjust your PH to 6.3 so it comes out at 5.9.

The reason the runoff is coming off higher is because of salt buildups in your medium. I recommend flushing your medium with a 3-1 ration of water (3 gallons of water per 1 gallon pot), it will flush out all the salts and you can continue to water normally after the flush.

Hope this helps!

Dahntu

Dahntu

Check out the size difference just a few days makes after introducing "overdrive" into the mix.

CropCircleOverdriveWeek5
R

Rajesh Desai

Thank you for advice on the ph. I flushed as you suggested. At the next watering, the ph coming out was the same as going in!

Crop circle plants are looking great.. I'm a little jealous.

Dahntu

Dahntu

Yay! I'm glad my advice helped!

Hopefully I'll see you guys in class tonight! :)

I'll post an update after class with pix.

Latest posts

Top Bottom