Dark Heart Ken's GDP Grow Tent Project

• Thread starter Dahntu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dahntu

Dahntu

Hey everyone,

I've been trying to get a good shot of the canopy, but it's difficult with the high pressure sodium light, it just kind of washes everything out. Well anyway, here's a wide shot of the canopy as well as a bud close up... The buds have put on a bit of weight so I had to use some green-ties to keep them supported.

CropCircleWeek6
Budcloseweek6
Budweek6
Reactions: Luc
Dahntu

Dahntu

I forgot to mention, our relative humidity is around 40-50%, and our ambient temp is 78 degrees.

R

Rajesh Desai

Please let me know if I get too far off the topic.

How are you transplanting and caring for the new trainwrecks clones that we were all so graciously given?

Dahntu

Dahntu

Hello,

I took some of the trainwrecks home and am caring for them there. I'm going to keep one as a mom and flower the others outside. We'll see how she does!

I'm just transplanting them into 5 gallon smart pots with coco and the sensi 2 part nutrient system with the advanced additives.

R

Rajesh Desai

Hello,

What is the nutrient regime of mothers? Do you care for them as for plants in veg?

Dahntu

Dahntu

Hey what's up man. Got a question, what class do you teach..?

I teach a class called "Crop Circle" at a dispensary in San Jose. :)

Rajesh,

Just stick with the CNS-17 Grow that you have and they will be fine. If you're using coco you might want to add a little bit of CalMag (Little, meaning like 1-2ml per gallon, unless you're using R.O. water, then I'd use 2.5ml per gallon). But yes, to answer your question, you treat them just as if your plants were in Veg.

Dahntu

Dahntu

Hey everyone, we're finishing our 7th week of flowering and the girls are doing great. I'm flushing them currently (10 day flush) and plan to chop next Wed (week from today). I got the PPM's of our runoff into the sub 100 range, so the medium is almost completely devoid of nutrients at this point. They are just getting reverse osmosis water with a tiny bit of calmag so I'm able to PH the water. (1ml/gallon)

CropCircleWeek7
R

Rajesh Desai

I timed my first indoor grow to coincide with the crop circle grow. It's been extremely useful to be able to compare the two grows at the same stages. I made every mistake in the book (forgetting to flush around mid cycle, letting the lights burn the plants and damaging them by knocking them over).
It's been a great learning experience and I won't repeat those mistakes. Nonetheless, i still have hopes for a reasonable harvest.

Just as you provided a nutrient schedule, I would be interested in yor schedule for other routine care.
(Spraying neem, foliar feeding, grow area cleaning, etc.)

Dahntu

Dahntu

And here are the fruits of our labor:

This isn't bad for a 400watt light, we have quite a bit from our harvest. I'll have a final weight and test in a couple of weeks. :)

In retrospect, the only thing I would have changed is the veg time, it would have been far more beneficial to have 6-8 plants vs 4 (we had to veg these for an extra few weeks due to schedule conflicts). Next round we'll have more of a sea of green setup.

IMG 20130808 122325
IMG 20130808 122424
Dahntu

Dahntu

Hey everyone!

So I got a test for us... and a final weight. we're looking at almost 7oz of tops with about 200 grams of budlets and trim. Def a good success with the 400 watt light and 4 plants. Next round we're going to increase the number of plants, make them a bit shorter and really aim for a sea of green type setup!

I tested it this morning, the test came out at 20.78%THC! Not the 22% I was hoping for, but I'm sure that the number will increase a bit as it cures. I wish you guys could smell it! Super creamy grape scent... The burn is very clean, white ash with no harshness.

We had zero issues with mold, mildew or any pests.

IMG 20130820 122000
IMG 20130820 122854
Dahntu

Dahntu

PS: Next round we're also upgrading to a 600w High Pressure Sodium light so you can see the difference between an 400 and a 600.

I also think next round we're going to be doing Chem-4, which grows drastically different than Ken's GDP.

R

RaEs

Hello Dahntu,

It was fun cutting off the buds. I can't wait for the next round.

Any recommendation for clones? I'll be running 2 600w in 4X8 tent. I want to get really bushy.
what do u think about some Blue Dream or Girl scout cookie?(they have some clones ready at Elemental wellness now)
I want to do 3 per light(3 with coco coir and to full hydroponic(DWC)) to see the diff the outcome.

thanks in advance....

Latest posts

Top Bottom