Dark Horse

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Quick post to ask if any of you guyz have run any of these guys genetics? A bro dropped a few packs of the supposed original bruce banner and face off og in the mail to me..... Ive smoked some righteous banner # 5 and am wondering if this gene pool from DH is worth a run. :smoking::cool:

Any input from those that have experience either good or bad with DH please chime in........

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Ethos had a tirade on ig where he basically lost his shit and started telling everyone that he was selling dark horse a large shipment of gg4 S1s that he wasn't sure if they were even legit beans or not, 3rd person sourced. Then redacted the whole thing, came out with a huge a apology. According to Ethos, there are a lot of breeders that buy wholesale beans to repackage and sell. Now i dont touch either ethos or darkhorse, shadiness isnt a good look on a breeder, supposed to be trusted genetics. Their Bruce banner yields well and tests high all day. Was very popular one around here.

Harp

Harp

I ran banners revenge a couple years ago. I think I have an old thread here about it (incomplete). I loved it! I remember having a sweet rotten strawberry pheno. I have some pics in storage. I'll diggem up and post tomorrow

I do have a couple strains right know I bought a while back and never ran. I got dark horse og and Bruce banner 1.0

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Ethos had a tirade on ig where he basically lost his shit and started telling everyone that he was selling dark horse a large shipment of gg4 S1s that he wasn't sure if they were even legit beans or not, 3rd person sourced. Then redacted the whole thing, came out with a huge a apology. According to Ethos, there are a lot of breeders that buy wholesale beans to repackage and sell. Now i dont touch either ethos or darkhorse, shadiness isnt a good look on a breeder, supposed to be trusted genetics. Their Bruce banner yields well and tests high all day. Was very popular one around here.
Thank you zen I appreciate your candor........ :cool:

BioStimz

BioStimz

Ive smoked some righteous banner # 5 and am wondering if this gene pool from DH is worth a run.
Never ran em' yet, but I was in the same situation as you. Got a friend who ran Gamma berry with excellent results, but I couldn't tell ya if it was a smooth run or a pain in the ass.

I figured running a line from pheno #3 would be the best way to go, so I went with King's Banner over Bruce Banner.

~

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Never ran em' yet, but I was in the same situation as you. Got a friend who ran Gamma berry with excellent results, but I couldn't tell ya if it was a smooth run or a pain in the ass.

I figured running a line from pheno #3 would be the best way to go, so I went with King's Banner over Bruce Banner.

~
how was the head with that kings banner? was the taste and terps there as well?

Harp

Harp

Banners Revenge
The rotten strawberry pheno
IMG 20180419 201029 275

She was fire

trickle

trickle

The Only grow of the Gamma Berry that I could find online (instagram), every female herm'd hard mid flower. One of the dark horse staff chimed in and quietly mentioned that many of their strawberry diesel crosses are throwing herms....

Does anyone else remember how many herm issues the original releases of strawberry diesel had? I remember people flipping out pretty hard, you'd think the internet would have remembered and people would inturn properly stress test their sd crosses... That being said, these were the most expensive non-fem beans I've ever bought. To me it's 'worth the risk' ... I get the feeling that guy on IG abused his gamma berry plants on purpose to make waves.

I got these to grow alongside hazemans 'original Strawberry Cough', Erdbeer aka Jurabeeri, bodhi's strawberry blockhead x aruba... If I can't find or make some epic strawberry terp profiles out of that lineup, I will retire my strawberry dream lol

Last edited:
FishGutz19

FishGutz19

I know this an old thread, but I hardly find anyone talking about the gammaberry. I'm growing it out now, I popped 6 beans at once, I only had 1 pheno give me banana clusters at week 3. After that it was smooth sailing, of course that one won't be useful for breeding, but the smoke is super ripe/rotten strawberry. The other 3 females showed no sign of hermie traits. She's worth looking into. Breeder ninja who made ninja fruit said his banana smash, that's made with hulk smash from DH throws huge clusters at week 3 as well. So I wouldn't doubt that the nanners can't be provoked quite easily, its deep in the strawberry diesel genetics i bet. but i hope people wouldn't be so quick to not grow them out. Everyone who finds a phenos they like usually pull a good harvest and have nothing bad to say. I actually f2'ed the gamma just to have more to look through .

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

Quick post to ask if any of you guyz have run any of these guys genetics? A bro dropped a few packs of the supposed original bruce banner and face off og in the mail to me..... Ive smoked some righteous banner # 5 and am wondering if this gene pool from DH is worth a run. :smoking::cool:

Any input from those that have experience either good or bad with DH please chime in........

Hi Jump,
Did you end up dropping anything from DH?

Krippie94

Krippie94

no did not.
I too was asking around about DH. I saw the creator of the BB on Adam Dunn. Dude sounded like it was more than a "pollen chuck" and using JJs strawberry D and 3 or 4 pacjs of MK ULTRA. The genetics are solid.
I'd love to get some packs. But at $125 a pop. And with SO SO SO many other awesome stuff out there. It's going to be awhile before we run any.
Just sayin...love you guys!

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

I too was asking around about DH. I saw the creator of the BB on Adam Dunn. Dude sounded like it was more than a "pollen chuck" and using JJs strawberry D and 3 or 4 pacjs of MK ULTRA. The genetics are solid.
I'd love to get some packs. But at $125 a pop. And with SO SO SO many other awesome stuff out there. It's going to be awhile before we run any.
Just sayin...love you guys!

Just picked up a pack of PreNup from DH. Im interested to see how they turn out.

trickle

trickle

I know this an old thread, but I hardly find anyone talking about the gammaberry. I'm growing it out now, I popped 6 beans at once, I only had 1 pheno give me banana clusters at week 3........

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, both of the girls I got from half a pack threw male preflowers all over at about week 2 of flowering. Not a single nanner in the buds themselves. To me that's worse than mid-flower clusters/herms, IMO the buds don't develop properly/much at all if the first sets of pistils get pollinated so early on... they got chopped before the preflowers could open, couldn't risk them pollinating the other girls. Really a shame to, excellent vigor and superior early-trichome production on those girls. Pretty heart broken @FishGutz19 lol those terps sound SO nice!!
These were pampered with zero issues in a new location, no source of light leaks (tent in a dark room with no light source), and the outdoor IBL's that have never seen artificial lights did perfectly fine (compared to previous grows where those same outdoor ibl's are the first to hermi indoors) EDIT: To clarify, the gamma's were grown next to multiple stains from multiple breeders (including those outdoor ibl's) and the GB were the only to show intersex traits.

I posted on the darkhorse forum too but its dead over there, I doubt he will get back to me though he did previously offer to send some better seeds if the gamma berry herm'd.

56247906 601054723691916 2898272802110963712 n
55752442 434182594053569 3472514843028750336 n
Aedifex

Aedifex

Seems genetic herms are still a thing with Dark Horse Genetics...

Popped three from a breeder pack of Original Banner ALL THREE showed female in Veg then threw sacs after the first week of flower. They’re only visible on the lower nodes but there’s an apparent clustering within the calyx/pistil stacking.

These were purchased from OES. Their response was to contact dark horse directly.

🤷‍♂️

F4E95580 FA68 4F95 8777 081DA80ACB92
60A7FE4C 17D4 4D2D B446 4A749AA0EE87
AAECB576 FBEA 4200 ACAB 5BEBA74E9EAC
Aedifex

Aedifex

UPDATE: I wrote to Dark Horse. They said they’ve received complaints of the issue and that it’s consistent with anything tied to their strawberry diesel father plant used to create Bruce Banner.

Then they offered to replace my seeds with a different, stable strain.

Considering some of the breeders/seed banks I’ve dealt with over the years this is pretty GD awesome.

Top Bottom