Dark Phoenix (Trainwreck x Jack Herer) Flower Journal

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Saran wrap to keep sides from drying out too quickly like they were.

Yeah growth phase interrupted for sure. Some orangish hairs but lighting can be deceiving. Was definitely related in part to rhe light height and or intensity since the tops are worst and lowers are best

Seems counter productive to me? ⁉️

The whole purpose of using a fabric pot is to increase oxygen intake to the roots via the sides of the pot! Does the Wiz need to come down there?? lol

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Seems counter productive to me? ⁉️

The whole purpose of using a fabric pot is to increase oxygen intake to the roots via the sides of the pot! Does the Wiz need to come down there?? lol
Oi ugh this shiz is gunna keel me OR I will become a master grower some day dying trying. 100% hear you on the this seeming counter-productive. It has been less than a week that I wrapped sides. I cut Puff out of her bag last week and put her in a new one. This is what I saw, cake batter type soil that dries on extrerior while center and bottom become root-bound and over-saturated. Literally thought this was a great idea with the saran wrap for at least while I was gone, so soil didn't dry up on me. Yes I need the Wiz in Scottsdale plz

20230222 132011
20230222 130952
20230222 130636
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

@PerfecTrader I don't see anything out of the ordinary... 🤷‍♂️ I hope it doesn't come off like I'm ragging on you so please forgive me if it does cause that's not my intention. (or just tell me to shhhhh)

If the Wiz was there he would slap chop them blumats out of your hand and slice n dice that saran wrap as of yesterday :P I think you need to get back to hand watering these girls every day or two...or three...or five that they need it. Dry top soil is all you need to watch for especially when you're in the thick of flower and the girls are thirsty as hell.

Fabric pots + heavy perlite medium = high porosity and high drainage = almost IMPOSSIBLE to overwater your plant unless you are killing it with frequency. The perlite and fabric allow the roots to get oxygen even when the soil is really soggy or moist so these are good things and prevent overwatering. The fabric pot also allows for quicker dryback and less chance of root rot due to water collecting and sitting. The sides of the pot will always collect and accumulate gunk as that is just how things work with a fabric material

Last edited:
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

@PerfecTrader I don't see anything out of the ordinary... 🤷‍♂️ I hope it doesn't come off like I'm ragging on you so please forgive me if it does cause that's not my intention. (or just tell me to shhhhh)

If the Wiz was there he would slap chop them blumats out of your hand and slice n dice that saran wrap as of yesterday :P I think you need to get back to hand watering these girls every day or two...or three...or five that they need it. Dry top soil is all you need to watch for especially when you're in the thick of flower and the girls are thirsty as hell.

Fabric pots + heavy perlite medium = high porosity and high drainage = almost IMPOSSIBLE to overwater your plant unless you are killing it with frequency. The perlite and fabric allow the roots to get oxygen even when the soil is really soggy or moist so these are good things and prevent overwatering. The fabric pot also allows for quicker dryback and less chance of root rot due to water collecting and sitting. The sides of the pot will always collect and accumulate gunk as that is just how things work with a fabric material
No brotha it's not like that. I very much appreciate your help and thought the soil looked like was part of the problem. I couldn't get the plant to produce run-off if even wanted to so thought I had root issues due to lack of ability to breathe cause water was pooling in the bottom center of pot. But obviously if I had a clue I wouldn't be here.
I'm definitely in a pinch now though and the blumats are all I have to get then anything while gone. Setting tent up like fort knox to go on auto-pilot. Pot was last completely saturated on Thursday, shit maybe Wednesday I'd havr to check. Pot still heavy and I was going to set them up with 1/2gal today and then while gone on Thursday or Friday I was going to have my lady turn the blumats on till they feed 1 gal. Fml oh well I learned the hard way yet again. I will get there someday

Zombierider

Zombierider

Saran wrap to keep sides from drying out too quickly like they were.

Yeah growth phase interrupted for sure. Some orangish hairs but lighting can be deceiving. Was definitely related in part to rhe light height and or intensity since the tops are worst and lowers are best
Yeah dude i did fabric pots once and didnt like them too much. Plastic pots are my fave, or those cheap plastic bag ones are also good

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Yeah dude i did fabric pots once and didnt like them too much. Plastic pots are my fave, or those cheap plastic bag ones are also good

it's a personal preference/environmental thing, I HATE plastic pots except for starting seedlings. Fabric or bust for me.

@PerfecTrader didn't realize you were out of town for a bit, but yeah that makes sense. Did you try to flush the plant at all when this "build up" occurred?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

it's a personal preference/environmental thing, I HATE plastic pots except for starting seedlings. Fabric or bust for me.

@PerfecTrader didn't realize you were out of town for a bit, but yeah that makes sense. Did you try to flush the plant at all when this "build up" occurred?
Yeah I can see it both ways for sure. I've seen straight monsters grown in both. I was eyeing these for next grow @ $13 I think it is a good deal. 20gal fabs with waterproof side liner and https://www.grassrootsfabricpots.com/product/living-soil-fabric-pot/

"This ensures optimum moisture retention, eliminates dry pockets, and helps to cultivate essential microbes."

Yeah leavin for Vegas for this HERE tomorrow and be back Sunday. As for "did I flush" ehh time to spill the beans and get what I did off my chest 😶‍🌫️
When I removed her from pot, I lightly rubbed the exterior and bottom to agitate the dry rubbish and also give a bit of room to replant.
I mixed up some old soil that was good and added a little mushroom compost and EWC but not much. Maybe 2-3tbl for 1-1.5g of soil.
Placed few inches of fresh soil on bottom and lightly sprayed soil to add moisture. Placed Puff in fresh 7g and slowly added soil around edges till pot was full.
Took a 10 or 12g rectangle plastic storage container and filled with a few gallons of Tap that sat out for days. Mixed in 1/2tsp per gal of Recharge and mixed for few minutes.
Placed Puff inside storage container and she was about 6" submerged. Let her sit 5 min and then took solo cup and poured the recharge from container on top. I did this until I felt she was fully saturated.
Then I broke by back, pulled a muscle in my chest, and got a nice whack to the nostril of trainwreck flower when took her out of container and put in tub on riser to drain.
Let her drain for like 20 min then put in saucer and back in tent.
🥹 ok I'm ready for my lashings.
just can't control temps well right now. Damn tent is 79 right now and when portable ac kicks on it drops it too fast. I'm not growin herb I'm stress testing different strains ffs 🤕

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

And when I say submerged 6" I mean from the base not like I dunked her completely. In my desperate baked brain I felt I was ensuring full saturation and adding some solid microbes. Was doing this also so I could let her dry back and then be prepared to have blumats ready when needed. Just going to have my lady turn on for 4 hours every other day-ish. This grow is toast tbh. I fked the lights up good and actually chopped the 4 colas that were highest and also just so happened to be the hermie culprits. Grows fked anyway so whats worst that can happen. I might come home to 6 day dried flower possibly worth smoking. I'm out anyway so why not. Prolly 4-6oz dry on Puff but now it's a matter of havin quite cloudy trichs with quite bright white pistils that will smoke like shit. All good oosah and time to think of how not to shoot straight in Sin City

Zombierider

Zombierider

And when I say submerged 6" I mean from the base not like I dunked her completely. In my desperate baked brain I felt I was ensuring full saturation and adding some solid microbes. Was doing this also so I could let her dry back and then be prepared to have blumats ready when needed. Just going to have my lady turn on for 4 hours every other day-ish. This grow is toast tbh. I fked the lights up good and actually chopped the 4 colas that were highest and also just so happened to be the hermie culprits. Grows fked anyway so whats worst that can happen. I might come home to 6 day dried flower possibly worth smoking. I'm out anyway so why not. Prolly 4-6oz dry on Puff but now it's a matter of havin quite cloudy trichs with quite bright white pistils that will smoke like shit. All good oosah and time to think of how not to shoot straight in Sin City
So having white pistils with cloudy trichs means low smoke quality?

Last edited:
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

So having white pistils with cloudy trichs means low smoke quality?
yeah I would think so. The white pistils wouldn't be helpful in anyway if harvested. I really think it was having the fkin lights on 30 min more than off when switched tents and timers, and plants were closer to light and grow a bit and I didn't adjust. The 4 branches I took off felt hefty than anything I've grown yet but the white hairs grr

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

yeah I would think so. The white pistils wouldn't be helpful in anyway if harvested. I really think it was having the fkin lights on 30 min more than off when switched tents and timers, and plants were closer to light and grow a bit and I didn't adjust. The 4 branches I took off felt hefty than anything I've grown yet but the white hairs grr

Good luck in your tourney!! Poolhall Junkies was one of my fave movies when I was fresh 18. Hopefully Puff can provide you with some decent smoke when you get back.

Feel free to hit me up in DM's on your next run PT if you are brave enough to endure my methodology & potential lashings 🤣 I've become partially invested in your success and I'm a borderline perfectionist personality type 🧙‍♂️

ninjadip

ninjadip

Good luck @PerfecTrader

I'm back and doing my rounds to check on my peeps. Don't feel bad, I've made my own dummy mistakes the past two weeks. Now I know the right way and the wrong way to use a bulkhead... Thankfully my water is included... Been going through massive gallons this past month. Nothing like thinking your leak proof and then filling it all the way to to find out you're fucked.

Just glad that's done so I can make more mistakes elsewhere 😆

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Good luck in your tourney!! Poolhall Junkies was one of my fave movies when I was fresh 18. Hopefully Puff can provide you with some decent smoke when you get back.

Feel free to hit me up in DM's on your next run PT if you are brave enough to endure my methodology & potential lashings 🤣 I've become partially invested in your success and I'm a borderline perfectionist personality type 🧙‍♂️
What's good Wiz? Yeah Poolhall Junkies was the shit for sure. The Color of Money as well and a few others.

As for Puff ehh I'm not writing her off completely but I feel my hands are tied with her. Just feel like I'm supposed to ride it out and if amber gets to like 25% I will just pull her and say whatevs to the pistils that grew from reveg.

The 4 "kinda" tops I took off before I left, I let dry in tent 2 while was gone. Now I put them in wine-fridge and have been maintaining 60 degrees no problem and when RH creeps to 65 I swing door open a couple times then close. Intentions are to wait till it can't maintain 60 RH on own then I can move to jars and/or bags.

Yeah I'm all about the Wiz way so long as we can work with 3 moves I already made. I bought SoHum Living Soil and 4 x 20 gal Grassroots Living Soil Fabric Pots. Also bought some Coast of Maine seed starter soil. Plan was to go from Solo cups to 3 or 5g fabs I have then 20s as final. Want to grow 4 plants total, 2 per 4x4. I'd like to grow some Indica dominant strains so may sprout Bubba Kush, Big Bud, Black Valium, and Banana Krumble.

Think we can work somethin out?

20230306 134115
Lockebox

Lockebox

What's good Wiz? Yeah Poolhall Junkies was the shit for sure. The Color of Money as well and a few others.

As for Puff ehh I'm not writing her off completely but I feel my hands are tied with her. Just feel like I'm supposed to ride it out and if amber gets to like 25% I will just pull her and say whatevs to the pistils that grew from reveg.

The 4 "kinda" tops I took off before I left, I let dry in tent 2 while was gone. Now I put them in wine-fridge and have been maintaining 60 degrees no problem and when RH creeps to 65 I swing door open a couple times then close. Intentions are to wait till it can't maintain 60 RH on own then I can move to jars and/or bags.

Yeah I'm all about the Wiz way so long as we can work with 3 moves I already made. I bought SoHum Living Soil and 4 x 20 gal Grassroots Living Soil Fabric Pots. Also bought some Coast of Maine seed starter soil. Plan was to go from Solo cups to 3 or 5g fabs I have then 20s as final. Want to grow 4 plants total, 2 per 4x4. I'd like to grow some Indica dominant strains so may sprout Bubba Kush, Big Bud, Black Valium, and Banana Krumble.

Right on bro! I got a grassroots 10 gal living soil pot a while back.
Haven't used it yet but I think I'm fixing to put 3 plants in it. Haha I'm on some weird stuff in my 4x4.

One plant per 20 gal pot and help from the wiz and I think you're good as gold 😎

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Right on bro! I got a grassroots 10 gal living soil pot a while back.
Haven't used it yet but I think I'm fixing to put 3 plants in it. Haha I'm on some weird stuff in my 4x4.

One plant per 20 gal pot and help from the wiz and I think you're good as gold 😎
niceeee. Yeah I have a friend in IL that says they are very legit and @CannaGranny said bigger roots make bigger fruits so YOLO.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Yeah probably best to move on from Puff mentally at this point and get yourself in the mindset for the next round :) how'd the pool tourney go? And yeah brotha the wiz guide should still be doable with the stuff you got. Hopefully the living soil isn't too hot but other than that should be gravy just toss me a DM when you're ready to get the seeds going 🤙

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Yeah probably best to move on from Puff mentally at this point and get yourself in the mindset for the next round :) how'd the pool tourney go? And yeah brotha the wiz guide should still be doable with the stuff you got. Hopefully the living soil isn't too hot but other than that should be gravy just toss me a DM when you're ready to get the seeds going 🤙
Roger that Wiz. Tourney didn't go so hot. Dumb ass greed took hold of the entire event. Predator partnered with CSI for this event and brought in ALL NEW Predator pool tables. We play on Diamonds and always have. The pool balls were even a different set. They were Aramith balls that are more often used on 9ft Diamond tables. Was just oo tough to overcome to differences with the equipment but was a great time nonetheless. I think we ended up 24th out of 180+ and pretty much won our entry fees back.

As for the SoHum living soil it is said to be too hot for seedlings but that is why I got Coast of Maine. Just started a thread for that grow likely while you were replying to me. Tagged you there.

I took some trich pics of Puff yesterday and also took off any dying leaves that came off with barely a tug. I'm surprised a bit I don't see more amber but am actually happy I don't. I think I can continue at this 1 hour more dark than light for another week or 2 tops and call her quits. Trying to drop temps a bit and RH has been sub 40 for a while. Just going to do the best I can in hopes I can harvest dry and cure something to hold me over

20230309 104617
2023 03 08 08 24 28 158
2023 03 08 08 22 25 920
2023 03 08 08 23 04 692
Top Bottom