Dark Phoenix (Trainwreck x Jack Herer) Flower Journal

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chemistry

chemistry

I squished seconds before running water on it in sink and yeah seemed like tiny specs of pollen 🤬 that little dick. Oh well Ooosah and is what it is. Maybe I can turn it into a positive and just cut her down tuesday morning and let her dry the 5 days I'm gone and hope for the best

Nanner, you need to pick over your plants and remove as many/all that you can, or you'll end up in seed city. 👍

Lockebox

Lockebox

If you do end up in seed city, lol, you can always turn it into a positive and use the herm seeds for SST or for general playing around popping seeds seeing what they do 🤷
If that's the first nanner you've seen you're probably okay Id guess. Some nanners even produce sterile pollen shooting blanks. They just look nasty I think haha.

I like you're plan on chopping and letting it dry as you go do your thing!

Great looking grow, Peace bro ✌🏻

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

If you do end up in seed city, lol, you can always turn it into a positive and use the herm seeds for SST or for general playing around popping seeds seeing what they do 🤷
If that's the first nanner you've seen you're probably okay Id guess. Some nanners even produce sterile pollen shooting blanks. They just look nasty I think haha.

I like you're plan on chopping and letting it dry as you go do your thing!

Great looking grow, Peace bro ✌🏻
Thanks much @Lockebox for your help. Lights on shortly and lookin like today or tomorrow morn is her last

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I was looking for articles to explain what has happened, this one seems the most detailed and will arm you for oncoming battles.
Thank you kindly friend 🙌
Everything happens for a reason and I will learn from this. Plan as of now is I didn't let lights come back on today. She still has quite a bit of moisture in soil from saturation on Thursday. Just hopin this isn't a total loss 😣

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Thank you kindly friend 🙌
Everything happens for a reason and I will learn from this. Plan as of now is I didn't let lights come back on today. She still has quite a bit of moisture in soil from saturation on Thursday. Just hopin this isn't a total loss 😣
I’m thinking you turned out luckier than most. I’m going to lay a portion of this to genetics, mainly because you actually have some very milky trichs yet the pistils keep pouring on.
You have two choices here, try and ride it out by plucking nanners and let her ripen a bit more, or go ahead and take her.
This has happened to me twice. Once I plucked nanners and I let her go on and ripen. The one I allowed to ripen had tiny white immature seeds and the one I took had a trippy high to her. I’d opt for the immature seeds, but that’s just me.
How many nanners are you seeing?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I’m thinking you turned out luckier than most. I’m going to lay a portion of this to genetics, mainly because you actually have some very milky trichs yet the pistils keep pouring on.
You have two choices here, try and ride it out by plucking nanners and let her ripen a bit more, or go ahead and take her.
This has happened to me twice. Once I plucked nanners and I let her go on and ripen. The one I allowed to ripen had tiny white immature seeds and the one I took had a trippy high to her. I’d opt for the immature seeds, but that’s just me.
How many nanners are you seeing?
Hah that would be nice if turns out to be. I agree about the genetics a bit. Should have known something that is supposed to foxtail might be askin for trouble. I think I've stressed her pretty good with a laundry list of no-nos, some of which I only realized just last night.
Ok so 2 choices I like it. Keeps it simple yet I can't get around not factoring my absence from tomorrow-Sunday while in Vegas trying to focus on 🎱
As of this morn, I've yet to let lights come on. I guess I was just already thinkin to make decision to chomp today or tomorrow morning(thought it would buy me 1 more day of not worrying about over-drying while gone) since pot still has some solid weight to it.
You said to not use black-lights so I haven't but last night I did because lights were off and thought I was chopping anyway. Turns out nanners glow in the dark. I just looked now, granted not every branch and bud up and down yet, and saw 2 more.
I must quickly decide to either turn lights back on and shoot for my original plan of more ripening, yet definitely sweat my absence more, OR I chop today or tomorrow and set conditions for best chance at 60/60 in my office and tent and fly away in hopes I return to not overly dried herb but likely end up with weed that gets me "high" when I wanted "high/stoned". Dang I am not sure which route to go now

Screenshot 20230227 093921 Gallery
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Hah that would be nice if turns out to be. I agree about the genetics a bit. Should have known something that is supposed to foxtail might be askin for trouble. I think I've stressed her pretty good with a laundry list of no-nos, some of which I only realized just last night.
Ok so 2 choices I like it. Keeps it simple yet I can't get around not factoring my absence from tomorrow-Sunday while in Vegas trying to focus on 🎱
As of this morn, I've yet to let lights come on. I guess I was just already thinkin to make decision to chomp today or tomorrow morning(thought it would buy me 1 more day of not worrying about over-drying while gone) since pot still has some solid weight to it.
You said to not use black-lights so I haven't but last night I did because lights were off and thought I was chopping anyway. Turns out nanners glow in the dark. I just looked now, granted not every branch and bud up and down yet, and saw 2 more.
I must quickly decide to either turn lights back on and shoot for my original plan of more ripening, yet definitely sweat my absence more, OR I chop today or tomorrow and set conditions for best chance at 60/60 in my office and tent and fly away in hopes I return to not overly dried herb but likely end up with weed that gets me "high" when I wanted "high/stoned". Dang I am not sure which route to go now
It’s always good to have choices. Right now it comes down to a personal choice for you. I’m non judgmental either way as I have done both!
Interesting, nanners glow lol!
I will tell you this, the high with so many white pistils will be one of those paranoid experiences. Some ppl are okay with that, it makes me nervous as hell.
If you decide to chop, I understand for sure. If not, turns your lights down, black light the plant and pull the nanners, flips your lights back on 12/12, turn them back up and let her do her thing. Water the hell out of her before you leave. I can easily get four days.
BTW, good luck on your tournament, you got this!

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

It’s always good to have choices. Right now it comes down to a personal choice for you. I’m non judgmental either way as I have done both!
Interesting, nanners glow lol!
I will tell you this, the high with so many white pistils will be one of those paranoid experiences. Some ppl are okay with that, it makes me nervous as hell.
If you decide to chop, I understand for sure. If not, turns your lights down, black light the plant and pull the nanners, flips your lights back on 12/12, turn them back up and let her do her thing. Water the hell out of her before you leave. I can easily get four days.
BTW, good luck on your tournament, you got this!
I was typing this as you were
"
I put on my girl pants and said YOLO/fudge it. Was shortening light cycle an hour anyway. Lights back on and further ripening is the choice I'm making at least for today. Honestly I would rather risk more nanners so long as don't get out of hand within the 5 days I'm gone, then harvest too early and have herb that makes me feel "ansy or anxious" vs "baked"
Plucked the nanner or two I found so far and was inspecting closely. Wasn't sure what to do with them so ate the lil bugger"

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Yo what up @PerfecTrader ! If I am being 100% honest with ya it looks like this bud is re-vegging(single bladed leafs coming out of buds). Which would also explain the stress nanner. Check, re-check, and triple check your timers and outlets. Maybe even replace timers if needed.

This would also explain the unordinary flowering time and everything else. KISS does NOT mean changing your light cycles and adjust temperatures like an advanced grower trying to mimic outdoor scenarios :P

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

View attachment 1335524

Yo what up @PerfecTrader ! If I am being 100% honest with ya it looks like this bud is re-vegging(single bladed leafs coming out of buds). Which would also explain the stress nanner. Check, re-check, and triple check your timers and outlets. Maybe even replace timers if needed.

This would also explain the unordinary flowering time and everything else. KISS does NOT mean changing your light cycles and adjust temperatures like an advanced grower trying to mimic outdoor scenarios :P
I 100% agree with that!

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hey Wiz and thanks for the honesty. Yeah the timer being used was accidentally set for at least 30 min more light than dark and I never realized. Has likely been at least a month or possibly since flipping to flower.
When I swapped tents so could exhaust portable AC out the window, I likely did not have exactly the same height or light intensity with my 2nd light.
Surely had no intentions of trying to do anything like an "advanced grower" though. I've been merely hangin on by a thread tryin not to blow this grow entirely and capitulate. It is easily worth 1-3 Gs to me in monies I'd avoid from 4-5 herbless months at the disp. Appreciate all the help for sure and once back it will be a good time to take a break and reassess it all.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Hey Wiz and thanks for the honesty. Yeah the timer being used was accidentally set for at least 30 min more light than dark and I never realized. Has likely been at least a month or possibly since flipping to flower.
When I swapped tents so could exhaust portable AC out the window, I likely did not have exactly the same height or light intensity with my 2nd light.
Surely had no intentions of trying to do anything like an "advanced grower" though. I've been merely hangin on by a thread tryin not to blow this grow entirely and capitulate. It is easily worth 1-3 Gs to me in monies I'd avoid from 4-5 herbless months at the disp. Appreciate all the help for sure and once back it will be a good time to take a break and reassess it all.

Can we get a pic of the whole plant bud? I'm sure she will pull through and produce something to hold you over 👊🏼

Not many amber trichomes but def lots of cloudy!

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

You cant fail, nanners are not the end of the world, and you learnt some thing you can take with you on your next run. 🙂
you're right Chem and I'm no crack baby so f the disp and if I don't have herb I will be fine. Hopefully I can get these pistils to mature cause ansy/anxious herb is something I'm no fan of either. In a perfect world I will come home Sunday and the pistils will have stopped going so cray

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Can we get a pic of the whole plant bud? I'm sure she will pull through and produce something to hold you over 👊🏼

Not many amber trichomes but def lots of cloudy!
For sure brotha. Poundin this so don't pass out then will take asap

20230227 112416
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

What's up with the saran wrap around the fabric pot?? Seems like she's actually trying to put on some size/fatten up that she should have been doing weeks ago but perhaps the growth phases got interrupted a bit throughout the run. Crazy that you don't have a single red pistil yet 😲

This genetics seems properly named though lol

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

What's up with the saran wrap around the fabric pot?? Seems like she's actually trying to put on some size/fatten up that she should have been doing weeks ago but perhaps the growth phases got interrupted a bit throughout the run. Crazy that you don't have a single red pistil yet 😲

This genetics seems properly named though lol
Saran wrap to keep sides from drying out too quickly like they were.

Yeah growth phase interrupted for sure. Some orangish hairs but lighting can be deceiving. Was definitely related in part to rhe light height and or intensity since the tops are worst and lowers are best

20230227 120305

Latest posts

Top Bottom