Day 1 In The UC

• Thread starter desertsquirrel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

This thread starts at day 1 because we have designed several pro to-type hardware scenarios for the UC and are testing and tweaking what works best. This hopefully will be a project that we work on increasingly with Daniel and CC. So, that being said these were in 10-14 days in clone, 10-14 days in the aeorflow, 10-14 days in the prototype systems and here is day 1 in the UC....

Strains are :

Cheese
big bud X blueberry
XJ13
Jack Herer
Juliette
Afgooo
Purple Dream
OG purple

Some of the side-by-sides we are doing are:

root-rot prevention products
Air stones, pumps and volumes
media

(media test can be seen here: )

Aeroflow pics:

Day 1 in the uc
Day 1 in the uc 2
Day 1 in the uc 3
Day 1 in the uc 4
Day 1 in the uc 5
Day 1 in the uc 6
Day 1 in the uc 7
H

hogan400

d.s, your work here speaks volumes. I'm looking forward to your media work. I'm not a hydroton fan and have been thinking of a new medium. I wanted to see more work with it since Im still new to uc and have had a few growing pains.

When you say day 1, you are not actually flipped yet? Just extra veg?
happy growing!

P

phup

Great to see you posting a new room DS. Your roots look so robust coming out of the aeroflow; are you trimming the longs tap roots every few days to encourage lateral growth?

H

hollywood7

Ds you have got some killer roots comeing out of the areflo did you root prune those plants the only reason i ask is because i have grown in areoflos before and the roots are useally long and stringey!

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

How are you actually transplanting those clones with all those roots into a larger size net pot exactly? Those roots look to large to even fit through the holes in a 6 to 8 inch net pot?

J

jdubz401

I don't put the roots threw the bottom of the net pot sometimes they suffocate there selves doing that I put down a little layer of hydroton and then just kinda rap the roots in a circle and sit it right on top of the hydroton and cover them.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I don't put the roots threw the bottom of the net pot sometimes they suffocate there selves doing that I put down a little layer of hydroton and then just kinda rap the roots in a circle and sit it right on top of the hydroton and cover them.

careful, circular roots girdle

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Great to see you posting a new room DS. Your roots look so robust coming out of the aeroflow; are you trimming the longs tap roots every few days to encourage lateral growth?

yes sir

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

How are you actually transplanting those clones with all those roots into a larger size net pot exactly? Those roots look to large to even fit through the holes in a 6 to 8 inch net pot?

never removed the 3 inch net pots, they have the same size holes as the 8 inch.

C

crossouttheiis

What type of prototype system are you running? Is it some sort of hybrid dwc? I would like to see more pictures of your transplant before going into the UC. YOu are killing it like usual.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

What type of prototype system are you running? Is it some sort of hybrid dwc? I would like to see more pictures of your transplant before going into the UC. YOu are killing it like usual.

sorry, prototype systems are not going to be posted.

thanks though man.

C

crossouttheiis

I just was asking what type of system it is? What are your ideas/ practices on reducing transplant shock?

It looks like you have a lot more established root system than a lot of people prior to transplanting into the UC

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I just was asking what type of system it is? What are your ideas/ practices on reducing transplant shock?

It looks like you have a lot more established root system than a lot of people prior to transplanting into the UC

yeah thats exactly the goal.

more and more of my clients are having extreme trouble during transition - we are trying to make it plug and play for them.

W

wanderingwobble

Good idea! Definitely interested. When can we expect to hear more? or will it be a while?

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

never removed the 3 inch net pots, they have the same size holes as the 8 inch.

So you thread the roots through on the 8 inch net pots when you transplant or something?

Just wondering how you get that large root mass shown in the 3 inch net pot into the UC net pots without damage or extreme shock to the plant?

We also establish a root system before transplant into the UC, but we use the same size net pots as the UC takes to avoid having to transplant at all, just remove from cloning station and into the UC it goes. We experience zero shock or lag time as the plants never skip a beat.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

So you thread the roots through on the 8 inch net pots when you transplant or something?

Just wondering how you get that large root mass shown in the 3 inch net pot into the UC net pots without damage or extreme shock to the plant?

We also establish a root system before transplant into the UC, but we use the same size net pots as the UC takes to avoid having to transplant at all, just remove from cloning station and into the UC it goes. We experience zero shock or lag time as the plants never skip a beat.

No, we prune the roots to fit into the 8 inch pot, and we also prune while in the aeroflow.

Glad to see you guys have it down though.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Wow! I'm in. I don't even want to grow anymore- I just wanna watch you blow it the fuck up. Seriously, I love the shit out of doing this, but like old girlfriends say, maybe my love is a little fucked up.

PB

smokie

smokie

So what nutes are you using in the aeroflo,

No zone or anything like that?

Is the aero spray 24/7 or 1 on 4 off etc

Latest posts

Top Bottom