• Thread starter desertsquirrel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thanks a lot man, glad your here.

been running 0.4-0.8 throughout veg and 0.6-1.0 so far in flower.

Absolutely no change in nutrients, however i have been doing very minor tweaks with some ff boosters to see if i can speed up the flower cycle this run.
Thx for the confirmation bud! Less is more for sure... :cool

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

around day 5-6... the good news is that each bush is sporting around 45-65 bud sites with direct access to the bulbs, essentially making it 45-65 main colas. this is the goal of the pruning and defoliating all along.

bad news is i still only got the lighting right on a few of the shots.

IMGP5140
IMGP5113
IMGP5114
IMGP5115
IMGP5117
IMGP5174
IMGP5118
IMGP5119
IMGP5141
IMGP5143
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

we are having a minor problem with the jacks however. ill post a pick of one of the bad leaves tomorrow. Originally thought it was a sulfur issue but the epsom didn't help. Nor did a change out w/o epsom. Almost starting to think this strain just doesn't like this much water....

but they will be fine, here they are... what do you guys think is going on?

IMGP5181
IMGP5197
IMGP5129
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

and some shots of the pruning we did on these is here:

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Man I love your work.. Your passion for what you do truely shows.. I appreciate all the work and time you have put into all the helpful threads you have done. I really do enjoy reading over all you've put out and utilizing what makes since with the program I am running. I really look forward to seeing your girls on full blast..

I like the thought you have about the strain not liking so much water. I ran a strain where I definitely found that to be true. I didn't get as much as the purple I see in the branches but color of leaf and structure does resemble them. I found that lowering my water in my system to almost 4 in below net pot, which took extending my float valve, helped a lot. I know it sounds like a crazy drop, as that's how I felt, but the closer I got to that sweet spot the better they did. Running that strain they also liked the water a bit warmer then I usually run. I am curious to see what you discover, as I'm sure you will.. Amazing work DS...

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

raising water temps and lowering water levels is exactly what has been helping her man. i am impressed.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

raising water temps and lowering water levels is exactly what has been helping her man. i am impressed.

There is not much better then reading your girls and giving them what they want.. I'm curious to see how they respond..

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

this is how they responded, we had been doing that for a week now... not totally fixed, but it helped a lot.

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Were you guys just trying things to see what helped (ie: raising water temp and lowering water level)? Or was there some other deeper thought and experience involved? Hope that didn't come out wrong. lol

We've just ran the water 1/2" up the netpot and 58 degree main Rez temps up until this last few days, water level is maybe 1/2" below netpot and main Rez is 54 degree's and room temp is 65 lights off the last 3-4days. We're currently trying to stress them to turn colors (supposed purple kush in system but not sure now). Anyway, just curious on your guy's thought process on why ya did what ya did.

-ALLegal420

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Very interested in this also. We have also ran several runs with water about 1/2 inch below the net pot creating the air gap. It seems that having this air gap is better?

Top Bottom