Day 2 Flower Canna Coco, Yellow Growth, Folding Serrated Leaf Edges

• Thread starter Hb413
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hb413

Hb413

First time posting here, looking for some help as I just flipped to flower (pics below are from today which is day 2), majority of my growth is extremely yellow, the sides of the leafs are starting to curl up slightly, some are folding.

room setup is
2000W Sealed Room
2 1000W Hoods (unvented)
1250 ppm
Dehu
Window AC
2 osc fans
1 can fan scrubbing and recirculating air
temps between 77-82

Using Canna Coco Nutrients
I use tap water that has an EC of .2

I feed daily through drippers
on day 1 I fed at 1.8 EC, I noticed the yellowing and assumed a deficiency so I fed tonight at 2.1 EC. I think I may be going the wrong way in terms of feeding more... maybe they are overfed and not underfed. I am only using Canna AB as well as H&G Drip Clean @ 1 ml/gal

I used to grow in a single tent under a single 1000w Air cooled light and I would max out in flower at around 1.5 EC tops, Veg was around 1.1-1.3 EC. Could having open hoods, and a co2 enriched sealed environment cause for a demand for more nutrients from the plants? Its always been so hard for me to tell if the plants are overfed or underfed, locked out etc etc.

Here are some pics to check out

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

ken dog

ken dog

I think you have locked out iron... And your humidity needs to be at least 65 to 70%.

S

stevielyn

First time posting here, looking for some help as I just flipped to flower (pics below are from today which is day 2), majority of my growth is extremely yellow, the sides of the leafs are starting to curl up slightly, some are folding.

room setup is
2000W Sealed Room
2 1000W Hoods (unvented)
1250 ppm
Dehu
Window AC
2 osc fans
1 can fan scrubbing and recirculating air
temps between 77-82

Using Canna Coco Nutrients
I use tap water that has an EC of .2

I feed daily through drippers
on day 1 I fed at 1.8 EC, I noticed the yellowing and assumed a deficiency so I fed tonight at 2.1 EC. I think I may be going the wrong way in terms of feeding more... maybe they are overfed and not underfed. I am only using Canna AB as well as H&G Drip Clean @ 1 ml/gal

I used to grow in a single tent under a single 1000w Air cooled light and I would max out in flower at around 1.5 EC tops, Veg was around 1.1-1.3 EC. Could having open hoods, and a co2 enriched sealed environment cause for a demand for more nutrients from the plants? Its always been so hard for me to tell if the plants are overfed or underfed, locked out etc etc.

Here are some pics to check out

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

S

stevielyn

I would get those plants away from the others. I strongly suspect a mosaic virus. TMV is transferable to hemp. So you smoke around your plants

S

stevielyn

I apologize, I am asking if there is any tobacco products or uses around your plants and also, are these clones or seeds. clones may look health but are infected

Hb413

Hb413

I apologize, I am asking if there is any tobacco products or uses around your plants and also, are these clones or seeds. clones may look health but are infected
I do not smoke around them. I flowered this strain Last round without many problems but I have been chasing my tail this round to figure out this issue

ken dog

ken dog

Yes, flush... You probably locked out your iron by giving it too many nutrients. Also if your pH is above 6.5, you will lock it out.

ken dog

ken dog

Thanks for the info... Is that the pH of your nutrients, or the pH of your runoff?... The pH of your runoff is the important number.

B

Baked Bomber

I am having a similar issue in a coco mix and it all came to my water ph, hardness, disolved calcium. In short if your on a well use ro water and flush it really good in suspect a lockout also iron and mayb MG also test your soils ph if that is off it can lock you out and pouring hard water over coco the coco acts some what as a filter and holds onto the disolved solids that was my issue any way. Hope this helps

Hb413

Hb413

Thanks for the info... Is that the pH of your nutrients, or the pH of your runoff?... The pH of your runoff is the important number.
Thats the PH of what's going in, it was coming out a bit higher at like 6.3-6.4... Im flushing now with florakleen and am going to hit them with a light nutrient solution afterwards

ken dog

ken dog

I informed my local authorities when I started growing... I wanted them to be aware so I wouldn't have any surprises in case somebody complained about the smell.

C

costa

Not sure , but it looks to me like a lack of magnesium . Add a bit of Epsom maybe . It's just them upper leaves with the pale green between the veins that make me think mag . def . But please , don't take my word for it . lol

AmWeedwolf

AmWeedwolf

That's definitely either Iron or Sulfur deficiency, most likely caused by high pH. So, did the flushing and pH correction fix the situation?

X.rm

X.rm

The drip clean is messing up your ph. Just like flushing agents mess up ph for reuse so is the drip clean. Flush with molasses and 2.5 ml per gl of epsom salts. And start off slow with nutes. How close are your lights to the canopy ?

G gnome

G gnome

TMV huh? Jesus chirist lol

50% Rh, going to raise that, ph is 6.0
50% is fine. It sure sa fuck aint gonna do that kinda damage.

As far as ph goes its a lil bit high but there again aint gonna cause that much damage.

My first piece of advice is.....careful who u listen to here. Theres a lotta ppl who have no business diagnosing plant issues. Especially on ther ppls plants.

X.rm

X.rm

Thats the PH of what's going in, it was coming out a bit higher at like 6.3-6.4... Im flushing now with florakleen and am going to hit them with a light nutrient solution afterwards
You shouldn't take anyones advice on the mere strength but you should gauge the general consensus and do your own research. That would be your best bet. In my experience florakleen should only be used in the final flush to get rid of excess salts. If you use florakleen on regular flushing regiment your going to encounter ph drifts that will affect your plants in exactly the same manner as HB is encountering. Just mho... dont take my word for it, do the research. It will only strengthen your knowledge and make you an even better grower. PEACE! !

Top Bottom